Thread: What suppressor for DD5V3?

Feedback Score

Question What suppressor for DD5V3?

I finally got off my arse and ordered a DD5V3 to join the AR-10 family. I plan on putting an ATACR 1-8x on top, as the longest range near me is 100-200 yards.

I currently own a Surefire SOCOM 762 and a OSS 762 HX suppressors. Which suppressor would you prefer for this 16” AR-10 platform and why?

The DD5V3 has an adjustable gas block, but I know from experience that set ups using my OSS can run far cooler than my Surefire. I also may order a Surefire SOCOM 762 mini-2 to have another spare can between my AKs and SCAR 17.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm actually using using the OSS 762 HX Ti too. From doing quite a bit of research on pewscience, they really are some of the quietest cans at the ear, with the added benefits of ultra low gas impulse. IMO, the overall best cans for a semi auto.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    When I thought about suppressing my AR10 I narrowed it down to the SOCOM 762 MINI and the TBAC Dominus-k. My criteria were low back pressure (no AGB) and weight and length.

Feedback Score
    I have a full-sized SOCOM762-RC on my SR-25 CC, and it's definitely a pig, even with the use of a UBR 2.0 to try and balance it out. I have also been told that a SOCOM762-MINI on a 16" .308 Win will tame the muzzle flash and report, but is going to be pretty mediocre on both counts just due to the size of the can and the shortness of the barrel.

I'm still a bit leery of OSS/hrxwrx, due to the issues they've had in the past, along with their less durable construction; note that they rate their .308 Win cans for only 12k rounds, with an objective to meet to 20k rounds, while SureFire has gone as far as to claim that "There is no determined lifespan for SOCOM suppressors. We have several customers now who have shot their suppressors over 100,000 rounds while still maintaining sound and flash reduction.". The concept behind it is certainly very interesting though, and they've appeared to make big strides in terms of build quality, so I wouldn't dissuade you from getting one of their cans.

I would also personally consider a Rugged Radiant762, as I have had good results from my other Rugged cans (Oculus22 and Obsidian45) and excellent CS. The Radiant762 does not specifically offer low backpressure, but is pretty lightweight while offering no restrictions on barrel lengths and full auto fire; they've been around long enough that I would be cautiously optimistic that they'll hang around for awhile to allow you to have them service your can should you ever toast it. The ability to alter the configuration between a full-size and K configuration also allows you the ability to play with weight/length/backpressure against signature reduction.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I have the SF Socom mini for the LMT MWS, but just purchased a full size SF 762 socom RC for some increased suppression. I am using the Mini on a 300blk SBR and it works nicely. I haven’t shot the full size RC yet, plan to next week.

Feedback Score
    I have the first gen SOCOM 7.62 and it’s a fairly quiet can. I guess I’ll use it when at the “bench range”. For IPSC/3 gun type stuff I do at the club I am a member of, I’ll use the mini. You will like the full length SOCOM.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd go with the OSS, but I'm not particular about my cans, I just want one one the business end of my rifle.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"