Page 273 of 311 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

I can appreciate your passion but there's a lot of hot air in your 1, 2, and 3.

I agree that you might be able to build a lightweight large frame upper group but I don't think it would "KAC like".
    What are the barrel lengths on your scar and mws?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Have this coming for my MWS. It’s replacing the Trijicon 1-8 that was on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice glass! Can't go wrong with Leupold.

Quote Originally Posted by mcharb007 View Post
    What are the barrel lengths on your scar and mws?
    14.6" on the SCAR17 and 13.5" on the MWS
    Last edited by Sugar; 11-17-19 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm exactly one charging handle away from 3 rifles, and that's on order so I listed one in EE.
    I'm liking this config for handy and light-ish...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    All this KAC vs LMT talk is making me sad.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    All this KAC vs LMT talk is making me sad.
    Just sibling bickering

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I dont have a 13.5 AR10, but I feel like these guns are Marksman guns. CQB as a last resort. Even my 6.5CM Colt seems like a lot of gun for CQB. Maybe I need to hit the gym and adjust my attitude, but damn when I hit steel up close with 6.5 or 7.62 it seems like a bit much. But as a last resort or maybe backup gun for dedicated sniper, rock on. YMMV . I see a lot of peeps with 13.5's, my buddy has a Scar in 13.5 with 4x Elcan and raps on 1,000yrd steel all day long.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I dont have a 13.5 AR10, but I feel like these guns are Marksman guns. CQB as a last resort. Even my 6.5CM Colt seems like a lot of gun for CQB. Maybe I need to hit the gym and adjust my attitude, but damn when I hit steel up close with 6.5 or 7.62 it seems like a bit much. But as a last resort or maybe backup gun for dedicated sniper, rock on. YMMV . I see a lot of peeps with 13.5's, my buddy has a Scar in 13.5 with 4x Elcan and raps on 1,000yrd steel all day long.

PB

Somewhat. it really all depends on how you set it up. Its a modular system and if cqb is something that is higher on the priority list, set it up with a CQB optic, not some 2lb mid range monstrosity.

If its not going to be shot at night, there is no need for a a 1lb weapon light to live on it. There are better, light weight options for a short 308, but in regards to the MWS if set up properly, it is something that can fill that role in a pinch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Agreed. From what I understand, the push for these shorter barreled 417's, MWS's, SCAR17's, REPR's, etc. was to give the fighting man the versatility of going from his 7.62x51 overwatch position; breaking it down and then joining his team in the stack to clear out a compound if needed. Obviously you give up some capability with going from 20" M110 to a 13" SCAR17 or 13.5" MWS but you gain that lighter weight and maneuverability for those tight space situations that are likely to arise. I'd rather take shots out at distance with a short barrel than move through a building with a 20 incher trying to short-stock and retract-gun my way through doors.

Like you said, From what i've been told from guys cooler than me, the short barrel 762 guns, with proper magnification and in the hands of the right pipe hitter is capable of putting that dirty boy down at those 800/900 yard distances.

Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Somewhat. it really all depends on how you set it up. Its a modular system and if cqb is something that is higher on the priority list, set it up with a CQB optic, not some 2lb mid range monstrosity.

If its not going to be shot at night, there is no need for a a 1lb weapon light to live on it. There are better, light weight options for a short 308, but in regards to the MWS if set up properly, it is something that can fill that role in a pinch.

Agreed. I think what I mentioned to PB ties into what you're getting at here.

I think this is where one would have to be realistic with themselves and determine what the exact purpose of the rifle is. Is it a weapon/tool that's main purpose is to take into a fight for your life or is it a sporting/hobby toy.

The beauty of the MWS is its ability to be a truly versatile system. You could have a long range optic with a longer barrel and a short range optic with a shorter barrel in your kit bag or truck. Within about 5 minutes, you could be setup for very specific tasks on either end of the spectrum. That being said, for real world scenarios/missions (outside of hobby shooting), these extra items are weight that has to be carried and occupied space.

As much as heavy 762 rifles with LVPO's, WML, and IR suck, there is something to be said about the ability to go from providing accurate fire while moving across hundreds of meters of open terrain to jumping into the stack and clearing that compound that you just closed with.

Outside of the guy who's talking about strictly home defense, urban LE, or some super high-speed unit that has been rock-walking and rehearsing hitting a very specific target and flying in and out to do the boogaloo deeds; then you'd probably find yourself better suited in the previous stated configuration for real world applications. It sucks but it gives you the most options. This is in part why I was so interested in nickel-and-diming weight with these rifles because after all those little devices are thrown on there and it becomes the one rifle that you are taking into the field, those little ounces add up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yeah, definitely, The MWS offers its user a lot of capability and with a little foresight, its fine. I think Chuck Pressberg on a p&s podcast said something along the lines of you dont want to ask a Mk48 to do M240 things, and likewise, dont want to ask a Mk240 to do Mk48 things. just be smart about using the right tool for the right job.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position that if the big igloo popped off i could draw from SR25 CC, my MWS, or Scar 17. the MWS and SR25 would be set up to excel in different areas.

longer ranges MWS
    Mobily, SR25
    Vehicle/Low Vis Scar
    Last edited by m4hk33; 11-18-19 at 00:37.

Page 273 of 311 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast