Page 237 of 311 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score

Ended up getting rid of the MWS. I replaced it with two scars

Pardon the mess.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There are only two rifles I would get rid of my MWS for: KAC SR25 or SCAR17...so you did good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can keep your SCAR17s, however I love SR25s

I could wrong, but I think I just spied a very unique MWS in the wild.....a piston MWS

(The 7.62x51mm Rifles under consideration including (old AK4) HK417, CQBMWS & SIG716G2 DMR (Siim Lõvi / ERR)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...es-in-running/
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-05-18 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    excited..what is this..3rd time LMT has beat the big dog brands in military trials...love it.

Estonia adopts LMT weapon systems:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...pts-lmt-rifle/
    Last edited by thehun; 12-07-18 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The MWS is the only 308 AR anyone should seriously consider if they don’t have the discipline to skip meals to get an SR-25

SCARs sickitate me. They are lightweight and that’s the only thing nice I have to say about them.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The MWS is the only 308 AR anyone should seriously consider if they don’t have the discipline to skip meals to get an SR-25

SCARs sickitate me. They are lightweight and that’s the only thing nice I have to say about them.
    Truthfully...I rather have the rigid MWS chassis than the KAC setup...if one were to suppress a MWS...an adjustable gas key can be purchased for $50 bucks....I am not sure if KAC really offers that much more over the LMT for the additional cost...both are the two best AR10 options available...whichever you pick...you will get quality.
    Last edited by thehun; 12-08-18 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Truthfully...I rather have the rigid MWS chassis than the KAC setup...if one were to suppress a MWS...an adjustable gas key can be purchased for $50 bucks....I am not sure if KAC really offers that much more over the LMT for the additional cost...both are the two best AR10 options available...whichever you pick...you will get quality.
    There’s a smidge more to SR25 than “oh it’s expensive”. Dat Bolt is just the bomb.com. Plus with the URX 3.1 it is almost M4 weight and balance (to me but I’m a rather lanky lad).

I don’t view KAC and MWS as competitors more like sisters. They both are literally in the same family. And I don’t mean “because they are AR10s”. They are literally sisters.

Like....for lack of a better analogy: The MWS is like an iPhone XR and the SR25 is like the iPhone X Max. If you don’t need or want the extra features then get the more economical one. They both do the same thing and do it well.

For me, the ECC is light, handy, and never have I had buyers remorse.

I don’t know if I will ever need or want another AR 308 but it would be an MWS. I might get an MWS lower just to have in case. Maybe.

The ECC factory trigger is noice AF though.

I love LMT anything so I am an advocate and an ally. Part of me wanted The Brownells AR10 and it is cool they exist but I doubt I would get one. It just isn’t the 60s anymore. But the LMT, yep I would be all about that if I cared about getting another rifle.

You touched on the monorail and that is such a sound concept. But URX does a good job and saves a little weight. Both are very good though.

Regardless, neither are SCARs so they win on that alone

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They are very much like sisters...they share a lot between the two. I guess it comes down to which features mean more to the user and go with it.

Brownells AR10 is very vintage and like that about it. Want one too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I agree with your assessment of SR25 and MWS. The ACC is crazy good. I have a chrome lined APC, which is amazing. I had a lmt mws and LaRue OBR, both of which I liked and had their respective merits and detractions. My MWS has no issues with suppressor use. I was using it with a SF 762 SOCOM RC. A friend had nothing but issues with high pressures using a Saker.

The current crop of KAC 308s and the LMT MWS are fantastic. They both have their own unique merits and detractions, and weighing those is what allows one to decide between two excellent rifles.

I would not hesitate to own another MWS based on my experience with the one I had previously. They are excellent rifles, with the caveat that you need a low back pressure can if you want to shoot suppressed.

I disagree re: SCAR, but this is an MWS thread so I won’t engage in thread drift.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-08-18 at 11:23.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think if I were to suppress a rifle...I would go with the new OSS Helix-QD

Page 237 of 311 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast