Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    Nice looking set up, and I have to say that looks like Briar Rabbit, how have the crowds been lately?
    Aha! You have a keen eye sir. It is indeed Briar Rabbit. I haven’t been since December, week days there might be 1 or 2 people around. On the weekends if the weather is nice, it can be crowded. The “members only” days can be helpful but the weekends are open to anyone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone familiar with V1Tactical and know how accurate their allocation dates have been lately for complete rifles?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhr1986 View Post
    Anyone familiar with V1Tactical and know how accurate their allocation dates have been lately for complete rifles?
    They're one of the official dealers for LMT, along with titandefense, primaryarms and a couple others I forget. The allocations are accurate for LMT parts from my experience.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    They're one of the official dealers for LMT, along with titandefense, primaryarms and a couple others I forget. The allocations are accurate for LMT parts from my experience.
    Me as well.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I bought from V1 early last November. Allocation date was June 1, 2021. The rifle is still not here but, I did get the two extra barrels I bought.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Anyone running one of the 15.5” mlok uppers with a 16” barrel?

Picking one up, now I’m second guessing how the balance will be.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by hk_shootr; 08-21-21 at 20:11.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Got a chance to take my 18” MWS shooting Magtech M80 ball out to 800 yards. Everything up to 500 was fairly straightforward but the wind was kicking my butt past that.

Had some minor issues with feeding first round from 20-round Lancer mags. The bolt would get hung up on the first round as it started up the feed ramp. What’s the proper recoil spring for the MWS buffer system? I may try a higher power spring or ditch the Lancers for PMAGs. Anyone else have similar experience?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here’s my MWS with the Magpul PRS Lite stock. Just playing with it feels more comfortable than the SOPMOD stock and I can get pretty relaxed behind the 1.375” scope height. I feel like it’s quite a bargain at about $100 for the added comfort and adjustment.

50470F34-28B8-437D-BCD6-424E3CB1B7A8.jpeg

A few notes about the PRS Lite:

1. There’s a small gap behind the castle nut on the MWS because of the thicker QD endplate. Magpul designed the PRS Lite for mil-spec endplates.
    FCC3DC03-752E-4702-AEB7-EDB8D4DD4D38.jpeg

2. The stock is mounted by a clamping force as you tighten (20 in-lb) the screw in the front QD cup. There’s no locking to the buffer tube detents at all.
    3. The length of pull is quite long. As it sits in the pic, I’m two clicks out from minimum and the LOP is 15” to the trigger.
    4. It doesn’t lock up completely solid in any position besides fully collapsed. There’s a slight amount of forward and aft play that makes it feel a bit cheap, but it isn’t noticeable once behind the rifle.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 04-29-22 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Here’s my MWS with the Magpul PRS Lite stock. Just playing with it feels more comfortable than the SOPMOD stock and I can get pretty relaxed behind the 1.375” scope height. I feel like it’s quite a bargain at about $100 for the added comfort and adjustment.

50470F34-28B8-437D-BCD6-424E3CB1B7A8.jpeg

A few notes about the PRS Lite:

1. There’s a small gap behind the castle nut on the MWS because of the thicker QD endplate. Magpul designed the PRS Lite for mil-spec endplates.
    FCC3DC03-752E-4702-AEB7-EDB8D4DD4D38.jpeg

2. The stock is mounted by a clamping force as you tighten (20 in-lb) the screw in the front QD cup. There’s no locking to the buffer tube detents at all.
    3. The length of pull is quite long. As it sits in the pic, I’m two clicks out from minimum and the LOP is 15” to the trigger.
    4. It doesn’t lock up completely solid in any position besides fully collapsed. There’s a slight amount of forward and aft play that makes it feel a bit cheap, but it isn’t noticeable once behind the rifle.
    I tried the MP PRS stock on my MWS and it didn’t work for me. I found out that LMT also sold “their” version of the MP PRS stock and apparently it was much better. As I already had sunk costs I decided to put the MP ACS stock I already had back on and go that direction. I have a product made by Battle Line (?) that has a cheek riser which I might try again. I might also go with a fixed A2 type stock and use duck tape to fix a pad as well ( kind of wonky) but haven’t yet.

Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311