Page 303 of 311 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post

Something is missing....
    I see you are a TAD gear fan as well. Nice stick.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Scalarworks came in....

Hopefully get a chance to zero soon.

ETA: I hope aadmount gets back to me about some scope caps soon...
    Last edited by Sabre675; 03-27-20 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Scalarworks came in....

Hopefully get a chance to zero soon.

ETA: I hope aadmount gets back to me about some scope caps soon...
    That's a killer looking setup. Dang I want one of those mounts....beautiful looking, and I just love the leveler thing.

Does that self leveler make it a super easy job?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Vortex GEN3, 1-10, mil/mil. I’ve no previous experience with Vortex Optics. This particular optic checks a lot of boxes for my 7.62 MLOK MWS, otherwise I’m usually Leupy leaning. First impression... it feels very robust. Glass isn’t as good as my Leupold MK8, which is exceptional. Definitely daylight bright. Magnification at 10X doesn’t seem like a significant difference compared to my MK8 1-8, but I’ve yet to side by side compare. Eye relief is significant. It’s definitely a true 1x. Definitely daylight bright. Horus style reticle is decent, but doughnut crosshair could go imho. It’s plain looking. I hate the purple-ish, burnt bronze color. I would personally prefer uncapped turrets. The dials aren’t the most pleasurable feeling, they feel lunky compared to my MK8. The magnification dial is smooth and on point, as is the illumination system. The lens caps are shit for a $2K optic. I need to decide on the mount, possibly spend some time with it to see if it’s truly what I want....

ETA: I just got my MK8 1-8 CQBSS H27d out for side by side comparison. The Glass clarity/image clarity on the MK8 is much better. On 8 power, the images in the 1-8 actually look closer, I think this is just do to image clarity, but I prefer the Leupold quite a bit more. The Vortex is much better on 1x with illumination, to be used as a red dot, however, clarity still goes to the Leupold. Overall it still feels like a fine optic for the money and the glass is good, but not great. I’m not sure how it would compare to a nightforce ATACR 1-8, but if the nightforce has better glass, I suspect my opinion would be the same. I would personally like to see someone’s opinion of a first hand comparison between a MK6 1-6 and the Vortex GEN3 1-10 as to glass quality.
    Man, I was 100% in for razor gen 3. Now I’m wondering if I should get the Atacr 1-8 instead

Great info though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    That's a killer looking setup. Dang I want one of those mounts....beautiful looking, and I just love the leveler thing.

Does that self leveler make it a super easy job?

Thank you sir.

Two scopes mounted and both were a breeze...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Man, I was 100% in for razor gen 3. Now I’m wondering if I should get the Atacr 1-8 instead

Great info though

Unfortunately I’ve no experience with the NF. I’m sure it is top notch. Really was torn w/multiple choices this time around . The ATACR was one option. I can’t believe that the Razor wouldn’t eek out the NF in at least a couple of areas beings it would seem that it was Vortex’s direction. The Razor seems to be a great option the more I visit with it. It is supposed to be the next latest and greatest. We’ll have to see once some comparisons come in.

I usually don’t buy the 1st wave of a new product, but I was given a killer, early bird special and with the hype, it’s feasible these won’t be readily attainable for a period of time. Maybe not. If it doesn’t shake out, I’ll course correct.

It may seem like I was dog’n the optic, but I was just making observations, with what limited optical exposure I have. A lot of my review was subjective to features I would preference, in which I am in the minority in the LPVO world. I think the majority of end users will be elated. That’s if you can get past the color.... I think the CQBSS I was using for insight is comparable in a few areas, but I feel their overall point use, and era make the a bit different, especially in the LOW end. I walk around the house today on 1x and the Vortex was very pleasant and easy to utilize.

Can’t wait to see the comparisons come in.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 03-27-20 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post

Great info though

ATACR 1-8 is excellent. You really can’t go wrong with it.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    WOW, wow, wow! I thought the green machine of yours was perfection, but the new one with upgraded chassis, and controls is truly perfection.

Easily two of nicest MWSs!

I'm really jelly over the new one. I'd love to see what it weighs with a T-2, KAC micros, and a SF scout WL. Just wondering how close it is in weight to a typical 14.5" 5.56 carbine.

That rifle could clear rooms, and then step outside and hit silhouette targets out to 1k.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Thanks for the compliments. There are a lot of nice setups out there, contextually to the end user. I wavered quite a bit, mainly on optics, and pretty much ended back where I started with the green one, just a more current, slightly lighter version. The Vortex just doesn’t look as svelt as a Nightforce ATACR, NX8, NXS x24, Leup MK5, Leup MK6 would. These were all other optics that were on the block. The Vortex came out of nowhere and checks a lot of boxes. It does a lot of things well, in that it is slightly niche and overall I’m fairly pleased. I wanted to go with a lighter 4x or 6x optic originally though, then almost derailed completely with a MK5....then started leaning ATACR 1-8...Wish I had access to glass prior to purchasing.

It is currently handier feeling than the original, better balance and OAL weight I posted a year ago is close to being comparable with current gen Koolaide. Without the optic it was very handy. Your T2 config you mentioned would be sick.

I was humbled though, my co-worker zero’d his Vortex 1-10 today on a Barret REC10 he just purchased. His rifle was sickening it was so light. Advertised I think he said it was 8 lbs even, putting it 7 ounces lighter than mine. It feels lighter though. As stated in the past, the indexing collar will always be a handicap to the platform, as far as weight. As handy and well made the Barret was, I still preferred both of mine.

I still need some KAC 45’s, Railscales and a small list of support gear.

Next year maybe I’ll be further on my 5.56 MLK...I’ve bounced around on optic direction even more so. Hopefully someone has something in development to kull the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    WOW, wow, wow! I thought the green machine of yours was perfection, but the new one with upgraded chassis, and controls is truly perfection.

Easily two of nicest MWSs!

I'm really jelly over the new one. I'd love to see what it weighs with a T-2, KAC micros, and a SF scout WL. Just wondering how close it is in weight to a typical 14.5" 5.56 carbine.

That rifle could clear rooms, and then step outside and hit silhouette targets out to 1k.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 03-31-20 at 20:41.

Page 303 of 311 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305 ... LastLast