Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
Here is what I would say. Even if the SR25 saves you a pound. Is that worth the 3000 to 4000 dollar premium over just running a 13.5 barrel in the mws.

Looking at it objectively, I don't think so. Be it high end optics or high end rifles there is definitely a point of diminishing returns with all this stuff

The kac may a better LW setup than the MWS, but it will never be a 6.5 and the reality is the Kac is alot of money that I think could be better allocated.

That 4k could fund a class or competition or a ton of match ammo. Optics maybe night vision, what ever. All would have a bigger impact than say a few OZ's.

So I really like my CC. Totally happy with the purchase.

The MWS does give up a touch in the weight department but is a far more capable system.

The scar could be a great system, but after a decade it's still a gen 1 weapon and FN has displayed no desire refine it. As a result, I am going to eventually sell it.
I agree with your statement about diminishing returns though I do feel some systems such as the ones from KAC and LMT are next gen type systems. They offer things that some may feel justify the premium but I think most is subjective; the cost to benefit ration is in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, I'm only interested in potentially getting an SR-25 upper and throwing it onto a MARS-H lower (I have no shame) if I can get the upper for 2900-3100 (they're out there for those prices).

Maybe i'll keep the 13.5 MWS as a blaster (500 and in), then maybe pick up the SR-25 PC upper (500-1k), and getting another MWS mlok chassis for a dedicated 6.5 precision set up (1k plus). I know the beauty of the MWS is the ability to have all of those with 1 chassis and 3 barrel/optic combos but I've had this itch to see what's magical about the E2 system compared to an MWS of the same barrel class.

I really dig how handy my 13.5 MWS MLOK is when it has a lighter weight optic like my exps 3-0. I can't wait to try it out with the sandman K.

On a side note, i'd like to see a 14.5" medium contoured 308 barrel from LMT or KAC for a "dual role carbine".