Page 272 of 311 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Here is what I would say. Even if the SR25 saves you a pound. Is that worth the 3000 to 4000 dollar premium over just running a 13.5 barrel in the mws.

Looking at it objectively, I don't think so. Be it high end optics or high end rifles there is definitely a point of diminishing returns with all this stuff

The kac may a better LW setup than the MWS, but it will never be a 6.5 and the reality is the Kac is alot of money that I think could be better allocated.

That 4k could fund a class or competition or a ton of match ammo. Optics maybe night vision, what ever. All would have a bigger impact than say a few OZ's.

So I really like my CC. Totally happy with the purchase.

The MWS does give up a touch in the weight department but is a far more capable system.

The scar could be a great system, but after a decade it's still a gen 1 weapon and FN has displayed no desire refine it. As a result, I am going to eventually sell it.
    I agree with your statement about diminishing returns though I do feel some systems such as the ones from KAC and LMT are next gen type systems. They offer things that some may feel justify the premium but I think most is subjective; the cost to benefit ration is in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, I'm only interested in potentially getting an SR-25 upper and throwing it onto a MARS-H lower (I have no shame) if I can get the upper for 2900-3100 (they're out there for those prices).

Maybe i'll keep the 13.5 MWS as a blaster (500 and in), then maybe pick up the SR-25 PC upper (500-1k), and getting another MWS mlok chassis for a dedicated 6.5 precision set up (1k plus). I know the beauty of the MWS is the ability to have all of those with 1 chassis and 3 barrel/optic combos but I've had this itch to see what's magical about the E2 system compared to an MWS of the same barrel class.

I really dig how handy my 13.5 MWS MLOK is when it has a lighter weight optic like my exps 3-0. I can't wait to try it out with the sandman K.

On a side note, i'd like to see a 14.5" medium contoured 308 barrel from LMT or KAC for a "dual role carbine".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here’s my take on why I believe the MWS platform is superior to the SR25 platform
    1- Price; I seriously cannot understand why the SR25 commands such a premium over the MWS. I’m just not seeing the features, other than maybe a little bit of weight savings, as mentioned, but that’s it. It’s an almost cult-like following. The MWS is hard to beat in price point with what you get. The entry level MWS can be had at 17-1800, for a reliable platform with the ability to swap barrels

2- modularity; the MWS offers an incredibly effective barrel change system. Don’t see that with the SR platform

3- standardized; the platform follows a standard parts setup. No wonky rails, gas blocks, or flash hiders. You have your selection of railed, slick side, or mlok rails. No weird proprietary shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And if you want to build a KAC like lightweight upper, compatible upper receivers can be sourced. Obviously you lose the R&D mix matching parts but if not mission critical...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Here’s my take on why I believe the MWS platform is superior to the SR25 platform
    1- Price; I seriously cannot understand why the SR25 commands such a premium over the MWS. I’m just not seeing the features, other than maybe a little bit of weight savings, as mentioned, but that’s it. It’s an almost cult-like following. The MWS is hard to beat in price point with what you get. The entry level MWS can be had at 17-1800, for a reliable platform with the ability to swap barrels

2- modularity; the MWS offers an incredibly effective barrel change system. Don’t see that with the SR platform

3- standardized; the platform follows a standard parts setup. No wonky rails, gas blocks, or flash hiders. You have your selection of railed, slick side, or mlok rails. No weird proprietary shit

I can appreciate your passion but there's a lot of hot air in your 1, 2, and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    And if you want to build a KAC like lightweight upper, compatible upper receivers can be sourced. Obviously you lose the R&D mix matching parts but if not mission critical...
    I agree that you might be able to build a lightweight large frame upper group but I don't think it would "KAC like".
    Last edited by Sugar; 11-10-19 at 02:57.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

I agree that you might be able to build a lightweight large frame upper group but I don't think it would "KAC like".
    Let’s hear why you think that.
    Love the shorty. Not much of a fan of the 17, but I can appreciate them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Nice looking scar. I really with I could get into mine. In no way do I think it's a bad weapon, I just wish it would be better supported by both the factory and aftermarket.

I think that at this point in its development it should really be much more refined that what it is.

For light weight, I think that the POF revolution DI seems kind of interesting. I would definitely like to check one out one day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Let’s hear why you think that.
    Love the shorty. Not much of a fan of the 17, but I can appreciate them.

Apologies if this is heading in the direction of a KAC discussion thread v LMT Picture thread...

1- I agree that KAC has something that could be seen as a "cult-like following". That being said, I think that goes with most higher end products. Buyers tend to be biased towards purchases and keyboard operators tend to regurgitate 2nd hand information without much personal experience or actual research. That being said, the LMT MWS is hard to beat on price. For what you get, i'd argue it's one of the best bang for your buck large frame guns currently on the market. However, with the latest KAC offerings, I believe the features that command the premium is the E2 bolt and gas system. Things like that make it what I consider to be a next gen stoner rifle. The price difference between the KAC APR and LMT MWS Sniper and Sharpshooter 2 are not that far off.

2- The MWS is a versatile system. I wonder if that makes it the jack of all trades; master of none.

3- As far as proprietary, the MWS barrel assemblies are exactly that. You're not going to be able to drop another manufacturers barrel into your MWS chassis; and just an FYI, the MWS gas block and gas tube is far from leak proof. When I get back stateside, I'd be happy to show you the carbon residue that collected where the gas tube meets the block from being test fired at the factory. Which lends to two points 1) there is a better seal between the gas tube, gas block, and barrel on the KAC MOD 2 system and 2) possibly better QC. Not sure what you mean by wonky flash hiders. Bottom line, both LMT and KAC have certain cross compatibility and certain parts that are proprietary.

I don't mean to debate which one is superior; as requested, I only intend to elaborate on my statement.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd take a new MWS-H MLOK 13.5" over a SR-25 everyday of the week. Take the saved money and buy a nice piece of glass for it.

I love KAC, owns lots of KAC stuff, but many times their price tags don't justify the product you receive. Few companies have a more loyal, small group of fans that buy their stuff than KAC. They'll never have trouble selling their kit as long as they don't produce a bunch of it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Apologies if this is heading in the direction of a KAC discussion thread v LMT Picture thread...

1- I agree that KAC has something that could be seen as a "cult-like following". That being said, I think that goes with most higher end products. Buyers tend to be biased towards purchases and keyboard operators tend to regurgitate 2nd hand information without much personal experience or actual research. That being said, the LMT MWS is hard to beat on price. For what you get, i'd argue it's one of the best bang for your buck large frame guns currently on the market. However, with the latest KAC offerings, I believe the features that command the premium is the E2 bolt and gas system. Things like that make it what I consider to be a next gen stoner rifle. The price difference between the KAC APR and LMT MWS Sniper and Sharpshooter 2 are not that far off.

2- The MWS is a versatile system. I wonder if that makes it the jack of all trades; master of none.

3- As far as proprietary, the MWS barrel assemblies are exactly that. You're not going to be able to drop another manufacturers barrel into your MWS chassis; and just an FYI, the MWS gas block and gas tube is far from leak proof. When I get back stateside, I'd be happy to show you the carbon residue that collected where the gas tube meets the block from being test fired at the factory. Which lends to two points 1) there is a better seal between the gas tube, gas block, and barrel on the KAC MOD 2 system and 2) possibly better QC. Not sure what you mean by wonky flash hiders. Bottom line, both LMT and KAC have certain cross compatibility and certain parts that are proprietary.

I don't mean to debate which one is superior; as requested, I only intend to elaborate on my statement.
    Fair, and well written, and now that you point it out, I do notice my gas block leaks a tiny bit. Completely forgot about the barrel point, but at least they are easy to come by.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have this coming for my MWS. It’s replacing the Trijicon 1-8 that was on it.

Page 272 of 311 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast