Page 301 of 311 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My contract overrun sold. Gonna have to pick up another one of these, slick side, 13.5” barrel, and aimpoint w/ dbal to use as a brush gun for night time hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    For you guys cutting down your 16 to 13.5, have you checked velocity loss? I wouldn't mind doing a 13.5 build and rocking an ACOG.

PB
    I didn't chrono mine but it's well known you'll lose some (150-200fps) with 150ish gr. I had a 13.5 and loved it

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, I’m after some advice.

I have an LMT 308 in a U.K. legal straight pull format (sucks I know). The upper has been cut for the awful side charging handle. All fires ok even if it’s fussy what cases it takes. Some of my reloads won’t feed. I think it’s my shoddy case sizing.

The above has the standard length (16in from memory) barrel. I fancied something longer to stretch its legs so I got a 26in barrel again in 308. Instead of merely changing the barrels I was offered an upper so I can just pop the 16in upper off and fit the 26in.

The 26in upper isn’t cut for the side charging handle, only way to cycle is with the normal charging handle. I often have to put a tool in the side of the bolt and knock it rearward as the case has expanded in the he chamber and the T handle donation have enough leverage to extract it.

Options...
    Side cut the 26in upper?
    Swap barrels and sights (QD mounts) when I go shot to long & vice versa?
    Man up and sell?
    Ream out chambers so there are no issues?

If you had my set up what’d you do? Granted it’s crap no gas situation.

Thanks all.

P.S sorry for the multiple pics
    Last edited by Wally126; 02-23-20 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    For you guys cutting down your 16 to 13.5, have you checked velocity loss? I wouldn't mind doing a 13.5 build and rocking an ACOG.

PB
    Mine was cut to 14.0-14.5ish and was pinned/welded from a 16" CL)... or whatever the Dead Air Keymo Brake needs to make it 16".

Black Hills 175gr averaged 2,312 fps.
    Last edited by domestique; 02-23-20 at 20:23.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bone stock, and the oldest of three. I love LMTs in this config...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    gorgeous! I too love this config the best and prefer the picatinny rail as well.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Vortex GEN3, 1-10, mil/mil. I’ve no previous experience with Vortex Optics. This particular optic checks a lot of boxes for my 7.62 MLOK MWS, otherwise I’m usually Leupy leaning. First impression... it feels very robust. Glass isn’t as good as my Leupold MK8, which is exceptional. Definitely daylight bright. Magnification at 10X doesn’t seem like a significant difference compared to my MK8 1-8, but I’ve yet to side by side compare. Eye relief is significant. It’s definitely a true 1x. Definitely daylight bright. Horus style reticle is decent, but doughnut crosshair could go imho. It’s plain looking. I hate the purple-ish, burnt bronze color. I would personally prefer uncapped turrets. The dials aren’t the most pleasurable feeling, they feel lunky compared to my MK8. The magnification dial is smooth and on point, as is the illumination system. The lens caps are shit for a $2K optic. I need to decide on the mount, possibly spend some time with it to see if it’s truly what I want....

ETA: I just got my MK8 1-8 CQBSS H27d out for side by side comparison. The Glass clarity/image clarity on the MK8 is much better. On 8 power, the images in the 1-8 actually look closer, I think this is just do to image clarity, but I prefer the Leupold quite a bit more. The Vortex is much better on 1x with illumination, to be used as a red dot, however, clarity still goes to the Leupold. Overall it still feels like a fine optic for the money and the glass is good, but not great. I’m not sure how it would compare to a nightforce ATACR 1-8, but if the nightforce has better glass, I suspect my opinion would be the same. I would personally like to see someone’s opinion of a first hand comparison between a MK6 1-6 and the Vortex GEN3 1-10 as to glass quality.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 03-12-20 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I personally didn't care for the .2 mil adjustments on either of my 2 Vortex 1x6 HDs or the NX8, just a little coarse for me. Looks like they switched to .1 for this model which is good. The reticle looks very similar to 1x8 ATACR and should be holdover friendly. I'd like to see a throw lever, both my Vortex rings were quite stiff, NF wins there.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 03-12-20 at 19:28. Reason: speeling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post

Vortex GEN3, 1-10, mil/mil. I’ve no previous experience with Vortex Optics. This particular optic checks a lot of boxes for my 7.62 MLOK MWS, otherwise I’m usually Leupy leaning. First impression... it feels very robust. Glass isn’t as good as my Leupold MK8, which is exceptional. Definitely daylight bright. Magnification at 10X doesn’t seem like a significant difference compared to my MK8 1-8, but I’ve yet to side by side compare. Eye relief is significant. It’s definitely a true 1x. Definitely daylight bright. Horus style reticle is decent, but doughnut crosshair could go imho. It’s plain looking. I hate the purple-ish, burnt bronze color. I would personally prefer uncapped turrets. The dials aren’t the most pleasurable feeling, they feel lunky compared to my MK8. The magnification dial is smooth and on point, as is the illumination system. The lens caps are shit for a $2K optic. I need to decide on the mount, possibly spend some time with it to see if it’s truly what I want....
    Dang you get all the cool stuff!

I'd love to try out those new Vortex 1-10x models.....been wanting a 1-10x for seemingly a decade now after lusting over the March Tactical that's been available for years. Agree on the scope caps for a $2k optic.....for that price it should have custom screw on caps, or at least NF style caps. No biggie though if the performance and clarity is there with the optic.

How unforgiving is it at 10x? The eye box at 10x is the only thing that worries me about these new style optics.

ETA: I like capped turrets personally but see why others don't. Does it have a zero stop feature?.....I'm a NF guy so I'm pretty unfamiliar with Vortex features.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 03-12-20 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Yeah I know. For me, just ego I guess, or maybe factually if I had the ATACR to compare to, Vortex just doesn’t click with my gut as coolaid compared to owning a nightforce or a Leupold. It does feel robust and does seem quite capable. However, as soon I got my MK8 out, it became very apparent, that the Leupold was in a higher class.

Eye box is quite good at 10x. For those that lean towards 1x application, they will be very pleased.

No Zero stop feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Dang you get all the cool stuff!

I'd love to try out those new Vortex 1-10x models.....been wanting a 1-10x for seemingly a decade now after lusting over the March Tactical that's been available for years. Agree on the scope caps for a $2k optic.....for that price it should have custom screw on caps, or at least NF style caps. No biggie though if the performance and clarity is there with the optic.

How unforgiving is it at 10x? The eye box at 10x is the only thing that worries me about these new style optics.

ETA: I like capped turrets personally but see why others don't. Does it have a zero stop feature?.....I'm a NF guy so I'm pretty unfamiliar with Vortex features.

Page 301 of 311 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 ... LastLast