Page 101 of 311 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    The rear bag is just one important aspect for providing proper stability. The proper use of a front support, along with shooter technique/body positioning are equally as important when driving a rifle in a precision capacity (prone supported position). Combining all three aspects will allow one to completely control the rifle's movements, and thus stay on target.

The stock 16" CL MWS is a very unforgiving rifle to say the least, and requires much more attention to detail in regards to loading the bipod properly, and positioning of the shooter's head & body. Getting the rear bag portion of the equation correct is the easist aspect, and usually falls into place once the shooter gets properly squared behind the rifle with their head in the proper position, and loads the bipod correctly.

So my suggestion would be to make sure your body/head positioning is correct, and your bipod is loaded properly first, and then see if you still find the rear bag aspect to be the culprit of your problems.

When using the rear bag effectively, one should only have to use subtle movements, or squeezes of the bag to bring the cross hairs onto the target. Place your rifle on target first, then position yourself squarely behind the rifle. Next apply a load to your bipod, and lastly use very subtle movements to your rear bag for final positioning.

Don't get discouraged because as I said above...a stock 16" MWS is a man child to deal with, and really demands proper technique to control it fully. With some patience, and practice....it can certainly be mastered.
    EXCELLENT info, sir. I plan on buying the 16" CL, then an 18" SS later on down the road.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info and help Trident. I use a Rhodesian vest with plates when shooting to get used to the gear I carry. The carrier doesn't make me feel uncomfortable or hurt in any position I shoot in. I'm thinking I may have some bulky items on my vest that needs to be slimmed down and put into my pack instead.

I think I got the bipod load down pretty good but I will make more of a mental effort to double check. I have shot off my pack, sand bags, car hoods, and the ground so each resting point for the forward part of the rifle is different. I will dumb it down next time and shoot off the ground focusing on the front load and rear bag placement. I don't plan on having a rear bag in my kit but I'm going to make it work. It could be that I'm a south paw and I'm just having some bad luck due to that.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I was out shooting today and had the hammer pin walk out while firing. I corrected it but realized the hammer pin can move extremely easily when the hammer is cocked. I tried swapping the pins from my colt and had the same result. Has anyone experienced this? Anyone have any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pretty normal...and it's the only thing that I had a gripe about to this day with regards to my MWS.

My good friend at LMT assured me that it was ok....I told him that it wasn't exactly ok, but I'll make do. Apparently a small batch of lowers were released with slightly out of spec pin holes (on the large size). So not to many folks should be having this problem, but some do indeed have this problem including myself.

Regardless if I used the LMT stock trigger, a KAC 2stage match, or ultimately my current trigger...the SD-E, I always have a bit of walk on my hammer pin. No biggie, but I constantly monitor it.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks Trident. that pretty much sucks, but it could be worse. Perhaps Ill try some KNS pins and see how that helps in preventing the walk with the factory trigger?

I am with you though, I would not exactly call it a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Pretty normal...and it's the only thing that I had a gripe about to this day with regards to my MWS.

My good friend at LMT assured me that it was ok....I told him that it wasn't exactly ok, but I'll make do. Apparently a small batch of lowers were released with slightly out of spec pin holes (on the large size). So not to many folks should be having this problem, but some do indeed have this problem including myself.

Regardless if I used the LMT stock trigger, a KAC 2stage match, or ultimately my current trigger...the SD-E, I always have a bit of walk on my hammer pin. No biggie, but I constantly monitor it.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I dug up the following quote from my pal at LMT during one of our past exchanges when discussing this matter....it was back on 1/12/12.

" Some time ago, we did have a problem with a few MWS lowers that had some out of spec hammer/trigger pin holes but that was about a year ago and the issue was very isolated and corrected immediately.

Is there a way you can send me a couple photos of your lower so I can look at the trigger pin holes. The issue, if present, can be corrected by using a set of KNS anti-rotational pins. If yours does have out of spec trigger pin holes its not a problem to have it sent in and swapped out. "

When he suggested I use KNS widgets on my brand new LMT factory rifle.....my head damn near exploded.

Only time I've been upset with LMT. They offered to look at it though.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well I am a dumbass. My j-spring went MIA. I think this explains why the issue just all the sudden showed it self.
    Last edited by bubba04; 06-26-14 at 06:51.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Is the Orange sprinco spring really about 3 inches shorter than the stock lmt spring?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Yep - orange & red both are about 3" shorter.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
    Yep - orange & red both are about 3" shorter.
    Very good. Thx for the confirmation.

Page 101 of 311 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast