Page 104 of 311 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I definitely break down the BCG and clean thoroughly in order to rule out as many variables as possible before coming to any conclusion that your rifles has a serious problem.

I break down my BCG every 200rds or so for a thorough cleaning, and it's usually filthy at that point. 800-900rds is definitely pushing it according to my own personal maintenance practices.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I definitely break down the BCG and clean thoroughly in order to rule out as many variables as possible before coming to any conclusion that your rifles has a serious problem.

I break down my BCG every 200rds or so for a thorough cleaning, and it's usually filthy at that point. 800-900rds is definitely pushing it according to my own personal maintenance practices.
    I need to step my game up then. I been treating it like my 556 gun and that is apparently not working. Probably half of said rounds i have shot have been suppressed. I do believe most of my issues I have been around not properly cleaning the rifle as all the sudden a bunch of issues have crept up. Basically I am a giant dumbass.

The SSA-E has been a great addition.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have you still been dumping lube in it when shooting?

Slam fires sound quite disconcerting. Aside from your comment about the pin not floating freely enough, which could certainaly contribule to the issue, is it possible the chamber being all gunked up was causing too much friction in some way for the round to fully chamber, and causing extra resistance against the bolt face?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can anyone guesstimate the round count based on this wear?

There is one locally. Guy claims it only has 20 rounds through it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Yama Arashi; 08-03-14 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    Have you still been dumping lube in it when shooting?

Slam fires sound quite disconcerting. Aside from your comment about the pin not floating freely enough, which could certainaly contribule to the issue, is it possible the chamber being all gunked up was causing too much friction in some way for the round to fully chamber, and causing extra resistance against the bolt face?

I would lube it each trip but didn't give a detailed cleaning to it ever. I got a chamber brush in bound and once I get it, this sucker is getting a cleaning. My gun ran fine until lately, which is why I think the issues I have experience is mainly due to cleaning/poor maintenance. Also I just primed 50 brass and prior to doing so I cleaned the primer pockets. I believe I was able to set the primer a little deeper than what I have been doing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That looks like a reasonable/accurate round count imho.

One thing to remember is that every LMT rifle, or critical component they make has been extensively test fired prior to receiving it's inspection tag/initials. Nobody test fires their new rifles as much as LMT to my knowledge. I've bought several MRPs, and one MWS direct from LMT....all were dirty as hell

Based on your pics, it appears there's very little wear on the buffer and bolt face.

This pic is of my bolt face after my initial 120rds fired through it IIrc (pic is a cpl. yrs old now) for reference.

Pic thread

Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-02-14 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply Trident.

Guy has it listed in the locals, but not sure if he's shooting completely straight on the details. (Passed on it.)

Looks like he hasn't cleaned it thoroughly, which is no big deal, but I thought the buffer face marks and cam pin wear may sort of indicate a round count in excess of 20.

The buffer face is wiped dry in that photo. I thought the mottling on the extractor metal looked different/odd as well, as compared to what I've seen previously.
    Last edited by Yama Arashi; 08-03-14 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What buffer tube are the current LMT's coming with: A5/rifle/carbine?

I just sold my ECC and have (2) LMT LM8 rifles coming and will be runnimg them suppressed. I'm 90% positive I need the CAR-10XH buffer and spring kit from Slash, but wanted to double check with the tribe.

Thanks, and I will be sure to get pictures up next week!
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    LMT's RE is the identical length of the A5 RE.

Two new LM8s....what an a**hole you must be

Can't wait to see how you kit them out, are you going in different directions with them, or doing the whole two is one thing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    What buffer tube are the current LMT's coming with: A5/rifle/carbine?

I just sold my ECC and have (2) LMT LM8 rifles coming and will be runnimg them suppressed. I'm 90% positive I need the CAR-10XH buffer and spring kit from Slash, but wanted to double check with the tribe.

Thanks, and I will be sure to get pictures up next week!
    The MWS uses an AR-10 pattern buffer system. The CAR-10XH is for LR308 pattern buffer systems. Since the MWS comes with an H3 buffer stock, you'll need either the HSS Tungsten Buffer for the AR-15 carbine from Heavy Buffers or the H4 Buffer from PWS to increase the weight. There's no need to change the action spring.

Page 104 of 311 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast