Page 11 of 311 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very nice, what a beautiful rifle

My pal from LMT emailed me on Monday and said that he was shipping mine sometime this week.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Needs a Nightforce 2.5-10x24.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Dude! Where is your MWS? I've been following your posts on TOS and thought one was imminent... Need you to go out and test all the different ammos out there so I can save money based on your research. Get with it, after all you are the MRP man...
    Hehehe...Being called the MRP man warms the cockles of my heart

Turns out these rifles are beyond wildly popular and LMT is having a really hard time meeting the demand for them both from the U.S. civilian market, as well as the MoD and NZ military contracts.

I go through my friend @ LMT these days for all my needs and with that being the case, I'm at the mercy of LMT instead of a dealer.

eta...

Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    Needs a Nightforce 2.5-10x24.
    Damn straight....for the interim, that is what I'm rolling with on mine. Ultimately though, I'm going with a 6.5cm true LR setup on this first MWS of mine, and it will sport a NF F1. Second MWS is getting SBR'd with a 13.5" .308 setup. It will sport a T-1 most likely, although a baby NXS like D90 has might go great as well on it.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-07-11 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Very nice, what a beautiful rifle

My pal from LMT emailed me on Monday and said that he was shipping mine sometime this week.
    That's great news! Look forward to watching your research which will hopefully save me some money on ammo. Fortunately I am GTG on ammo for a bit. I have 1k of 175gr GMM and a couple hundred rounds of 150gr Hornady Superformance but I am looking forward to learning what commercially available ammo suites the CL 16" barrel the best and you are just the man to test it out.

Taking it out to shoot steel this weekend which I'm really looking forward to.

Im also looking forward to getting some proper pictures of the trio in the next few days.

The optic choice is going to consume me until I figure out what the best fit will be... Thinking for this rifle either the S&B 1.1-8 or maybe the Z6 that I have been hearing so much about. I might add another NF but wouldn't mind changing it up a bit, unless it turns out that once again the NF is the best bang for the buck for quality glass that doesn't break the bank.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's great news! Look forward to watching your research which will hopefully save me some money on ammo. Fortunately I am GTG on ammo for a bit. I have 1k of 175gr GMM and a couple hundred rounds of 150gr Hornady Superformance but I am looking forward to learning what commercially available ammo suites the CL 16" barrel the best and you are just the man to test it out.

Taking it out to shoot steel this weekend which I'm really looking forward to.

Im also looking forward to getting some proper pictures of the trio in the next few days.

The optic choice is going to consume me until I figure out what the best fit will be... Thinking for this rifle either the S&B 1.1-8 or maybe the Z6 that I have been hearing so much about. I might add another NF but wouldn't mind changing it up a bit, unless it turns out that once again the NF is the best bang for the buck for quality glass that doesn't break the bank.
    Well I really look forward to sharing another rifle with you brother, me and you go back to the "MRP Badness" days

I also really look forward to some more pics of that beautiful rifle of yours, you really can't do anything in my style of taking pics without great natural filtered lighting. Having clouds filter a sunny morning is my favorite time to snap a pic or two.

That NXS 3.5-15x50 is one helluva great optic for these rifles though, I can see you wanting to reduce the profile and size a bit, but that optic will really allow you to get the most outta your MWS in terms of LR precision capabilities.

At any rate, really excited to see you pick one of these up and look forward to swapping notes on them in the future with you. CONGRATS

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have already decided against this setup and will be putting my NF 3-.5-15X50 MLR on it tonight so that I can take advantage of the cartridge out to 800+ yds Can't wait to start my journey in learning long range shooting.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can't really explain why I did it, but I just ordered the 16" SS barrel for my MWS (from Trident's buddy at LMT). One of these days, I'll get around to actually shooting the damn rifle and making my investment worth it. LOL

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Arpent View Post
    I can't really explain why I did it, but I just ordered the 16" SS barrel for my MWS (from Trident's buddy at LMT). One of these days, I'll get around to actually shooting the damn rifle and making my investment worth it. LOL
    Were you getting poor performance out of the factory 16" CL barrel? From what I have seen and been following the factory 16" CL barrel is shooting a little under MOA which is certainly acceptable for my needs... Were you not getting those results and that's why you upgraded to the SS?

Feedback Score

LMT MWS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Were you getting poor performance out of the factory 16" CL barrel? From what I have seen and been following the factory 16" CL barrel is shooting a little under MOA which is certainly acceptable for my needs... Were you not getting those results and that's why you upgraded to the SS?
    "I can't really explain why I did it".....I was getting sub-moa 10-shot groups (shot at 100 yards with a NF 2.5-10x24) with the 16" CL barrel.

Page 11 of 311 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast