Page 127 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    ^So after several long reads your post amount to: 1913 is the established standard and is better for big army.
    Great. Nobody is debating this, and it is frankly irrelevant. LMTs bread and butter is mil sales which is obvious by their almost non-existent marketing, yet they care enough about the consumer market to aim the MRP/MWS LM8/slickside chassis towards it. No one is saying LMT should drop 1913 for negative-space direct-attach systems or that the new direct attach systems are what contracting parties need. All we are saying is that the LM8/slickside chassis (which are not specified by those parties anyway) are do for a negative-space, direct-attach update: like m-lok or keymod. The LM8/slickside is essentialy an adapter on an adapter and in its current configuration could at least benefit from steel thread inserts.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 01-29-15 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    ^So after several long reads your post amount to: 1913 is the established standard and is better for big army.
    Great. Nobody is debating this, and it is frankly irrelevant. LMTs bread and butter is mil sales which is obvious by there almost non-existent marketing, yet they care enough about the consumer market to aim the MRP/MWS LM8/slickside chassis towards it. No one is saying LMT should drop 1913 for negative space direct attach systems or that the new direct attach systems are what contracting parties need. All we are saying is that the LM8/slickside chassis (which are not specified by those parties anyway) are do for a negative-space, direct-attach update: like m-lok or keymod. The LM8/slickside is essentialy an adapter on an adapter and in its current configuration could at least benefit from steel thread inserts.
    Agree

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    [QUOTE=SOW_

Now the D unit, whichever one that is that made that decision to go with the KAC, that's what they needed to fit their specific need. Their needs will differ from the needs of several other ODAs in theater who are doing long term FID mission taskers

Finally, my wallet is confused by the statement that Mr. Vickers made. This quote is from a recent thread;

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    Just a little tidbit gents for the 416 haters out there- I just got some info that one specialized end user currently using 416's tested it against several ( read that as most) current DI and piston guns to find a potential replacement and the result of the test was.....

The HK416 will stay in place as the issue assault rifle

None of the other guns came close to it performance wise from what I was told- you may not like HK but based on what they found during their test no one makes a better gun as of right now

That's all I can say - spin it however you want but this organization can and will buy whatever they want to get the job done; if there was something better they would be using it or in the process of buying it

Be safe

LAV"

So...which SMU is doing what? Is one of them wrong, therefor not as intelligent as the other, for choosing pretty much the opposite weapon system as the other? And why should that matter if I'm making an informed purchase after clearly outlining my needs and intent? If it doesn't matter....why mention it at all.[/QUOTE]

I was specifically referring to the KAC 7.62 uppers they turned in, not 5.56 or hk416 related at all.

Keymod is open source..

Feedback Score
    http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/z...5947892708.jpg

Like mine but with a a2 birdcage flash hider

Feedback Score
    http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/z...5947892708.jpg

Like mine but with a a2 birdcage flash hider

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not sure what the argument over keymod/m-lok/1913/LMT's proprietary lm8 system is about.

Use/buy whatever is best for your situation and needs.

For ME personally, I went 1913 on a CQB MRP chasis as there already isn't a lot of rail space and I like a fatter grip on short rails. On my MWS I went with a LM8, because I wanted a thinner profile, lighter weight, and a thinner grip profile helps with extending my arm easier. If I need to add attachments I can add 1913 rail segments. I would prefer M-lok or even keymod over LMT's version, but I'm not loosing any sleep over it. I do wish they would add steel inserts to the MWS rail.

I would like to add a LM8 MRP to the safe, but will probably wait till next year and see where LMT decides to go.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Debating Cerakote on the lower and upper. Anyone have any positive experience with any particular Certified applicator?
    I had my MWS and it's can done by Iron Ridge Arms down in Colorado, great work. It has made cleaning the gun a lot easier, no more scrubbing!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YO_Doc View Post
    I had my MWS and it's can done by Iron Ridge Arms down in Colorado, great work. It has made cleaning the gun a lot easier, no more scrubbing!

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Just wondering what all the reloaders are using out there with their LMTs... Any tricks you've discovered to make ammo the LMTs eat and shoot well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    Just wondering what all the reloaders are using out there with their LMTs... Any tricks you've discovered to make ammo the LMTs eat and shoot well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My rifle has shot Varget and Hornady 168's into 0.458" for 5 rounds at 100 yds

T

Page 127 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast