Page 135 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have the actual weight of the LM8MWS? I remember lots of literature saying it was 9.3 lbs., but now the LMT website is saying 10.03 lbs., and the sales staff at LMT is parroting that number.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Does anyone have the actual weight of the LM8MWS? I remember lots of literature saying it was 9.3 lbs., but now the LMT website is saying 10.03 lbs., and the sales staff at LMT is parroting that number.
    Mine weighs 10.02lbs with 16" CL barrel assembly. The slick chassis is 0.8oz lighter than the MWS chassis (bringing the MWS to 10.07lbs).

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    So some of you might know that I am (was) full-time Active Duty Army, just retired after 20+ years of service. Last Sunday went out with a group of friends to sling lead downrange, but before we got started a buddy of mine rounded all of us up to make an announcement about my retirement. Not expecting anything, I was admittedly a bit embarrassed by it and wasn't prepared to say anything. Then something else completely unexpected happened. A buddy of mine pulled out a rifle case and set it at my feet. Unsure of what to expect when I opened the case, I was completely blown away to find myself looking at a brand new 20" LMT MWS. Apparently my wife and a couple of buddies were planning this for months. I had no clue, was literally on the verge of tears, and could only muster expletives to express my gratitude. Of course a huge thanks goes to my lovely wife of 16 years for orchestrating everything, and my friends for doing their part in the acquisition process. I'd also like to thank Rod (you all know him as buddyhoohaw here on M4C) for going the extra mile to facilitate the transaction and making it happen. If you didn't know Rod holds and FFL and reached out to me when he heard about my retirement. I gave my wife his contact info since she asked me what I really wanted as a retirement gift. She didn't seem interested in buying me a rifle and kept insisting that I get a new truck instead (a different story altogether). So naturally I assumed that I would have to keep saving up for a quality 7.62 semi-auto and completely wrote it off. Little did I know my wife was working with friends behind the scenes to make this a reality. Really don't know what else to say. I think I'll keep it stock... for a while.

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Badass. Congratulations on the rifle and the retirement - enjoy them both!

Granted that rifle might look mighty fine sitting in the back of a new Tundra.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    Badass. Congratulations on the rifle and the retirement - enjoy them both!

Granted that rifle might look mighty fine sitting in the back of a new Tundra.
    It's actually riding in my newly acquired Tacoma.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is one awesome surprise! That sure is a great wife. Congrats!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Congratulations and thank you for your service! since you will now have all of this extra time I'm sure you will have the chance to fully ring it out. Pics and range reports will be required of course

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Congratulations and thank you for your service! since you will now have all of this extra time I'm sure you will have the chance to fully ring it out. Pics and range reports will be required of course
    I'm falling right into another gig, so I won't have as much time as I'd like. But I will definitely provide updates as she evolves and I've got more trigger time behind it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is a side by side standard CL vs lightweight CL as requested.

image.jpg
    Last edited by thedavegw; 07-19-15 at 22:27.

Page 135 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast