Page 136 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I finally picked mine up on Friday; wanted one for 4 yrs thanks to posts like the older ones in this very thread.

I took it out on Saturday to shoot about 35-40 rnds of XM80 because it's the only 7.62mm I have on hand at the moment.

I bought the gun used as is, with the PRS, a Geissele, KAC BUIS, and a Surefire brake. I believe it has an 18" SS barrel on it. Had a few hundred rounds through it and I did not clean it either.

After I quickly dialed in the rifle at 100 yds using the BUIS because I don't have glass or bipod yet, I started to shoot this target with a 6 o clock hold with the POI being exactly even at 6 oclock.

Since it was once of the shoot-N-Cs I used the dots to cover things ups as I kept shooting until I was done. At the end I decided to tear away all the dots to look at my "composite" cluster of holes to see how they landed in relation to the rest and the target. While shooting I was going for 5 shot groups. I am not the best shot in the world, and withouth magnification, precision can get a little more challenging.

How does this look? If it sucks my feelings won't be hurt. I wonder how the XM80 would do with some glass. That cartridge is there for perspective.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    ^ How do you like the PRS? I've been trying to decide whether to outfit mine with either the PRS, LMT DMR or SAPR SOPMOD attachment. I'm leaning toward either the PRS or DMR.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    ^ How do you like the PRS? I've been trying to decide whether to outfit mine with either the PRS, LMT DMR or SAPR SOPMOD attachment. I'm leaning toward either the PRS or DMR.

I am going to start off by saying that I don't have experience with AR stocks other than the STR stock which is on all of my other modern rifles including my AK.

So this weekend was my first experience with the PRS stock. Though I had nothing to compare it to, I liked it since it's LOP is adjustable and so is the riser for good cheekweld. Again I don't know how it compares to other similar stocks on the market. I think I will keep mine on the rifle.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think it really depends on what your goal is with the rifle. Is this a battle rifle, do-all carbine, or dedicated precision rig?

Unfortunately you have to go with a rifle length buffer tube if you go PRS, etc. LMT does make a PRS copy that works on the carbine buffer tube, but I have no experience with that. Unless you are only going to use the rifle for precision shooting, I would stick with stocks that work on the carbine buffer tube to help keep weight down. Being able to throw a CTR, STR, or ACS on the back for a hog hunt etc. would really help with carrying the rifle around.

On my one MWS, I went with a ACS and a SAPR folding cheek piece. It does pretty well and has a lot of adjustable features, but isn't as visually pleasing as a dedicated adjustable stock. The nice thing is being able to switch out stocks, barrels, and optics in less then 5 minutes. One configuration is a 1,000 yard (6.5 creedmoor) laser, the other is a lightweight (308) hog killing machine.

If you want a dedicated precision stock, and don't care about the rifle buffer tube. Check out Luth MBA AR stock. It's lighter, and a LOT cheaper then the PRS.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I think it really depends on what your goal is with the rifle. Is this a battle rifle, do-all carbine, or dedicated precision rig?

Unfortunately you have to go with a rifle length buffer tube if you go PRS, etc. LMT does make a PRS copy that works on the carbine buffer tube, but I have no experience with that. Unless you are only going to use the rifle for precision shooting, I would stick with stocks that work on the carbine buffer tube to help keep weight down. Being able to throw a CTR, STR, or ACS on the back for a hog hunt etc. would really help with carrying the rifle around.

On my one MWS, I went with a ACS and a SAPR folding cheek piece. It does pretty well and has a lot of adjustable features, but isn't as visually pleasing as a dedicated adjustable stock. The nice thing is being able to switch out stocks, barrels, and optics in less then 5 minutes. One configuration is a 1,000 yard (6.5 creedmoor) laser, the other is a lightweight (308) hog killing machine.

If you want a dedicated precision stock, and don't care about the rifle buffer tube. Check out Luth MBA AR stock. It's lighter, and a LOT cheaper then the PRS.
    I was originally leaning toward the SAPR because I didn't want to limit the platform to just precision/long range/DMR type shooting. I wanted to retain the option to swap out barrels and run it as a short barrel battle rifle with a an LPVO or RDS as a primary sight system. However, the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of keeping it as a full-time DMR. How often would I actually swap barrels to run it in a different configuration? How much was I realistically willing to invest in the system? Was never too crazy about the PRS type stocks, but the LMT appealed to me because I could always swap it out for a SOPMOD when I reconfigured the rifle. And, as you've pointed out, it's compatible with the current receiver extension. But having the SAPR on full-time would eliminate the need to change out stocks altogether. I'll marinate it on this first world dilemma a while longer before I commit to a course of action.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 07-20-15 at 18:14.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was originally leaning toward the SAPR because I didn't want to limit the platform to just precision/long range/DMR type shooting. I wanted to retain the option to swap out barrels and run it as a short barrel battle rifle with a an LPVO or RDS as a primary sight system. However, the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of keeping it as a full-time DMR. How often would I actually swap barrels to run it in a different configuration? How much was I realistically willing to invest in the system? Was never too crazy about the PRS type stocks, but the LMT appealed to me because I could always swap it out for a SOPMOD when I reconfigured the rifle. And, as you've pointed out, it's compatible with the current receiver extension. But having the SAPR on full-time would eliminate the need to change out stocks altogether. I'll marinate it on this first world dilemma a while longer before I commit to a course of action.
    Don't pay full price for the SAPR. They routinely are on sale for 99 dollars. One nice thing I've found is depending on my LOP, I don't need to flip the cheek piece out of the way. A nice piece of kit if you want to maintain versatility.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    The nice thing is being able to switch out stocks, barrels, and optics in less then 5 minutes.
    Can you really swap your barrel that quickly? I have two upper chassis (MWS and Slick) and with both of them I have to break out the heat gun to pull the barrel out (and conversely have to tap the barrel in there with a rubber mallet)...
    Last edited by Plasman; 07-20-15 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Can you really swap your barrel that quickly? I have two upper chassis (MWS and Slick) and with both of them I have to break out the heat gun to pull the barrel out (and conversely have to tap the barrel in there with a rubber mallet)...
    My MWS barrels come out pretty slick on one chasis. Kinda hard on another. If everything is cleaned and lubed I can switch out a barrel in under 90 seconds (not rushing).

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    So some of you might know that I am (was) full-time Active Duty Army, just retired after 20+ years of service. Last Sunday went out with a group of friends to sling lead downrange, but before we got started a buddy of mine rounded all of us up to make an announcement about my retirement. Not expecting anything, I was admittedly a bit embarrassed by it and wasn't prepared to say anything. Then something else completely unexpected happened. A buddy of mine pulled out a rifle case and set it at my feet. Unsure of what to expect when I opened the case, I was completely blown away to find myself looking at a brand new 20" LMT MWS. Apparently my wife and a couple of buddies were planning this for months. I had no clue, was literally on the verge of tears, and could only muster expletives to express my gratitude. Of course a huge thanks goes to my lovely wife of 16 years for orchestrating everything, and my friends for doing their part in the acquisition process. I'd also like to thank Rod (you all know him as buddyhoohaw here on M4C) for going the extra mile to facilitate the transaction and making it happen. If you didn't know Rod holds and FFL and reached out to me when he heard about my retirement. I gave my wife his contact info since she asked me what I really wanted as a retirement gift. She didn't seem interested in buying me a rifle and kept insisting that I get a new truck instead (a different story altogether). So naturally I assumed that I would have to keep saving up for a quality 7.62 semi-auto and completely wrote it off. Little did I know my wife was working with friends behind the scenes to make this a reality. Really don't know what else to say. I think I'll keep it stock... for a while.
    That is awesome! Congratulations on your retirement. You must be a pretty good guy, or just have really great friends and wife....maybe both.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    That is awesome! Congratulations on your retirement. You must be a pretty good guy, or just have really great friends and wife....maybe both.
    Can't believe I missed your original post Boba Fett. Congratulations, and thank you for your service.

Page 136 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast