Page 137 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    That is awesome! Congratulations on your retirement. You must be a pretty good guy, or just have really great friends and wife....maybe both.
    It's the latter. I suck at being a good guy. Just lucky to have good people in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Can't believe I missed your original post Boba Fett. Congratulations, and thank you for your service.
    Right on, man. Thanks.

Question for you guys, the MWS came with the new style torque wrench. Seems nice. My understanding is that the proper torque limit is pre-set from the factory. Is it supposed to "pop" like a regular torque wrench when the torque limit is reached? I've torqued my bolts down pretty good, but couldn't tell if I had reached the torque limit since there was no audible feedback from the wrench. Thanks.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 07-26-15 at 06:15.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The black non-adjustable torque wrench?

Yes. I keep turning until it pops with an audible click.

Pro tip: do NOT put any grease or oil on the barrel screws. That will increase the tension, and people have snapped their screws doing that.

I do however put some oil on the barrel extension where it slides into the receiver (but not in the screw holes).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    The black non-adjustable torque wrench?

Yes. I keep turning until it pops with an audible click.

Pro tip: do NOT put any grease or oil on the barrel screws. That will increase the tension, and people have snapped their screws doing that.

I do however put some oil on the barrel extension where it slides into the receiver (but not in the screw holes).
    I don't know, man. I feel like I've already hit the torque limit. I keep turning it and it doesn't feel like it can go anymore. Still no audible pop. I feel like I'm on the verge of stripping out the bolt heads.

EDIT: Update with an email from Ryan at LMT:

You don’t really “need” a torque wrench its there because people like to attribute numbers or limits to things. For me I always use a T handle T30 allen wrench and use the long end to spin the screw down to finger tight then I use the short end of the wrench to give it another ½ to ¾ turn. That is all you need. It does not have to be 140in pounds tight.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 08-18-15 at 01:03.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Picked this up used locally. We'll see how the vortex measures up.

Last edited by slappy; 08-23-15 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    I almost daren't ask... Has any third party ever made a handguard/rail for the MWS?
    #CallingFortis #CallingFortis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
    I almost daren't ask... Has any third party ever made a handguard/rail for the MWS?
    #CallingFortis #CallingFortis
    I imagine there would be some major patent violations. Fortis or any other company would have to design a whole upper as the LMT is monolithic.

At that point you have a completely different upper that would have to pay royalties to use the MWS barrel system.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    You're quite correct, Sir. I'm not thinking straight this week!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bummer, would love to cut down some weight on my LMT rail areas that I don't need.. Similar to the SR15/SR25 ECC URX rail areas

Feedback Score
    I don't mind the weight so much - it's just so front-heavy. And the longer you own it the more acutely aware of it you become.

Feedback Score
    To those who have switched out the carbine stock to a A2 stock, what did you replace the receiver extension with? Did you use the Armalite rifle length receiver extension?

Page 137 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast