Page 141 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    Thank you very much for all the details, your applications for the LMT are exactly like mine- static shooting, prone and I have a few MAMS waiting to be installed so it's great to hear they work with the LMT :-)

>How does your milled and dimpled barreled LMT compare in weight to the EMC?

My extreme patience is being tested as I'm having the opportunity of getting a KAC APC (I prefer the new Mod 2 gas system over the ECC or EMC) etc. but going to have to wait to get it for a great price... So I'm contemplating whether to get milling and barrel work for my LMT's etc for the interim...
    I agree that the Mod 2 gas system is a nice improvement when compared to the ECC and back but my personal opinion is that one of the coolest features aesthetically speaking on the Exx era rifles was the gas block. I know the ACC is super light weight and the ergonomics of the URX 4 rail are superior to those of the URX II/III/3.1 rails but, imho it just lacks the character and distinct appearance that the SR-25 is known for.

All of that being said I ended up with with an EMC Grade B turn in and then we changed our the URX II rail in favor of the ECC era URX 3.1 rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Tejasmtb;2192839]I agree that the Mod 2 gas system is a nice improvement when compared to the ECC and back but my personal opinion is that one of the coolest features aesthetically speaking on the Exx era rifles was the gas block. I know the ACC is super light weight and the ergonomics of the URX 4 rail are superior to those of the URX II/III/3.1 rails but, imho it just lacks the character and distinct appearance that the SR-25 is known for.

All of that being said I ended up with with an EMC Grade B turn in and then we changed our the URX II rail in favor of the ECC era URX 3.1 rail.

That's one sexy EMC, thanks for sharing...I very much agree, Mod2 ergonomics and gas system is a compromise to the dimples and distinctness of the ECC's... Hard decision, and I'd get both if I could but realistically can only have one ;-)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    If/When I decide to invest money into an SR25 I'll be trying to hunt down an ECC. It's certainly not anything I "need" per se, and to me the MWS system is more than capable and is the better deal. I just like the idea of having a Stoner .308 in my collection. If for nothing else other than the history behind it's development and investment purposes. I also think it's the best looking version of the family, so yeah I'm shallow like that.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Updated photo - getting ready for deer season. This is going to be my woods gun.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow. Those LMT sights really look nice. Is that 308 barrel or 6.5? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Rainier ultramatch 6.5 and have it converted for my mws.

For some reason I always start thinking about long range shooting when winter is close. Looking back, it seems I always do my LR shooting when its cold. I don't know why
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 10-19-15 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Wow. Those LMT sights really look nice. Is that 308 barrel or 6.5? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Rainier ultramatch 6.5 and have it converted for my mws.

For some reason I always start thinking about long range shooting when winter is close. Looking back, it seems I always do my LR shooting when its cold. I don't know why
    20" .308 barrel. L8BUIS308 sights. Love the fact they have a 800 yrd range capability.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Any reason why you are going Rainier and not LMT (longer length)?

I have the factory 20" barrel and it shoots great. I took it out to 1,100 yards last month at a precision rifle class. The only thing I don't like is I wish it was at least 22" or longer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man, that's fun ringing steel at 1k+ I've shot my 16"CL at 1k a few times with decent success. Im looking forward to the 6.5 making it a little easier. .

And no, no real reason why I'm not going with factory LMT. I've had a couple of their SS MWS barrels in the past. I've just been so impressed with my Rainier/Shilen in .223 that I'm just curious to see what the 6.5 can produce Out Of this mono.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Man, that's fun ringing steel at 1k+ I've shot my 16"CL at 1k a few times with decent success. Im looking forward to the 6.5 making it a little easier. .

And no, no real reason why I'm not going with factory LMT. I've had a couple of their SS MWS barrels in the past. I've just been so impressed with my Rainier/Shilen in .223 that I'm just curious to see what the 6.5 can produce Out Of this mono.

Right on. Nothing sweeter then firing off a shot, seeing splash, and then waiting for the delayed "ping".

I believe the 6.5CM factory barrels have actually dropped in price.... I believe they are under $570.00 the last time I looked. If you do get a Rainier converted, let me know who you use. I would love a 24-26" 6.5CM, and a 6.5 Grendel barrel for my MRP.

The factory barrel shoots better then I can. The tripod picture is me getting first round hits at 700 yards off the tripod. The spotter Forest Newberry is the range owners' son, and competes in the PRS series. He said those 3 shots were within a silver dollar at 700 yards..... good enough for me!

I didn't have a lot of time to really push my reloads and ended up going with a conservative 2,505 fps with 142gr. SMK. The round had enough gas to get out past 1,100 yards, but with such a low velocity the wind really did it's thing past 900 yards. Ideally I would like a 24"+ barrel to get at least 2,600+ fps. It's tough though with a gas gun (especially an over gassed AR lime the LMT).

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 141 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast