Page 149 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    I have my LMT upper with them right now. When I get it back I'll share pics.
    If you don't mind, could you please pm me or post what the charge was for getting the chassis milled by them?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    If you don't mind, could you please pm me or post what the charge was for getting the chassis milled by them?
    When I get a full quote from them I will be happy to. I sent it there with a general understanding, but I am having them tap the receiver as well on the sides and bottom. They are supposed to get back to me this week as they had a couple of projects ahead of me. You might want to remind me in a few days so that I don't forget to send you that info.

Cheers,
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    When I get a full quote from them I will be happy to. I sent it there with a general understanding, but I am having them tap the receiver as well on the sides and bottom. They are supposed to get back to me this week as they had a couple of projects ahead of me. You might want to remind me in a few days so that I don't forget to send you that info.

Cheers,
    Terrific, thanks so much..can't wait to hear about the final product you get back from them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Maybe that's why hjmpanzr's and my weight measurements differ (he said the LM8 is still 1-2oz lighter than a milled MWS chassis, while my MWS chassis, non milled, is 0.8oz heavier than my LM8). I bought my MWS in late 2013 though.
    Ok.... I am confused here again.... Are the new slick railed uppers lighter than the old 2012-3 railed guns??

T

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    Ok.... I am confused here again.... Are the new slick railed uppers lighter than the old 2012-3 railed guns??

T
    The slick rails were always lighter. But, the full picatinny rails may be different (depending on how old, which generation) with the older ones having more material behind the rail sections to support milling.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    Terrific, thanks so much..can't wait to hear about the final product you get back from them
    No worries.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    The slick rails were always lighter. But, the full picatinny rails may be different (depending on how old, which generation) with the older ones having more material behind the rail sections to support milling.
    e

Thanks! So....

1. How much lighter are the slick guns? I read only like 2 oz?

2. How old are the thicker pic railed guns? Mine is like Oct 2013?

Thanks!

T

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    e

Thanks! So....

1. How much lighter are the slick guns? I read only like 2 oz?

2. How old are the thicker pic railed guns? Mine is like Oct 2013?

Thanks!

T
    My 2013 MWS railed upper chassis (purchased in Dec. 2013) is 0.8oz heavier than my LM8 "slick" chassis. I stripped both down to just the chassis for the weight comparison.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    My 2013 MWS railed upper chassis (purchased in Dec. 2013) is 0.8oz heavier than my LM8 "slick" chassis. I stripped both down to just the chassis for the weight comparison.
    That's pretty light. How heavy was the Slick with all the rail attachments?
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Not SBR'd, but I have a 14.5" pinned barrel that I run a Saker 762 on.

There are a couple other guys that have pinned barrels as well, but I can't recall any factory 13.5" LMT barrels on these boards.
    Haven't been on for a while. Just reading thru what I've missed.

Here's a factory 13.5" with a MAMS pinned (some old pics but still have the barrel):

Shorter barrel (toward front)

Page 149 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast