Page 150 of 311 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hjmpanzr, have you ever chronographed any loads with your 13.5?

I tried some 175gr. Black Hills and averaged 2,312 fps for 5 rounds (Magnetospeed at sea leveL, through a Saker 762). I was disappointed at the SD being 30 fps. My reloads average 9-11 fps.

I wish I could buy MK319 Mod0 rounds to reload, but will most likely stick with 155gr. AMAX.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Some pictures.... still need lights, and paint.

Top rifle:
    -LMT Lower
    -LM8MWS upper with 20" 6.5CM SS barrel
    -Geissele SD-E Trigger
    -KAC 600m rear sight
    -Magpul Pro front
    -Flat Line Spec Ops bubble level
    -Magpul Miad Grip
    -Magpul ACS stock with S.A.P.R cheek riser.
    -Surefire brake and SOCOM762-RC (FTW HAD cover)
    -Badger Ordance 22 MOA riser
    -Vortex Precision (Seekins) 1.1" 34mm rings
    -Vortex 4.5-27x MRAD Razor HD 2 with MRAD "Christmas tree" reticle
    -Aadamount scope covers
    -Raptor ambi charging handle

Bottom rifle:
    -Mega Arms lower
    -LM8MWS upper with pinned 14.5" CL barrel
    -Geissele SD-C trigger
    -Troy ambi mag release
    -Magpul Pro offset sights
    -KAC low pro bubble level
    -Magpul Miad Grip
    -Magpul ACS stock
    -Law Tactical folder
    -Silencerco Trifecta brake with Saker 762 (FTW HAD cover)
    -BOBRO QD mount
    -SWFA 1-6X scope
    --Aadamount scope covers
    -Armageddon Tactical GMS-10 ambi charging handle

Last edited by domestique; 01-24-16 at 17:25.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Hjmpanzr, have you ever chronographed any loads with your 13.5?

I tried some 175gr. Black Hills and averaged 2,312 fps for 5 rounds (Magnetospeed at sea leveL, through a Saker 762). I was disappointed at the SD being 30 fps. My reloads average 9-11 fps.

I wish I could buy MK319 Mod0 rounds to reload, but will most likely stick with 155gr. AMAX.
    Also curious about speed out of the 13.5

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0194.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0958.jpgIMG_0965.jpg

Crappy Cell Phone Pics. All work done last spring. Barrels Both done by Jedi Master Marvin Pitts. OD Green Cerakoted Goodness done by Tier 1 Defense. UBR n Slashes Buffer. Giessle Trigger. Battle Arms Safety. Current config is a 14.5 chrome lined n pinned Surefire Brake. Additional Rifle Length Gas 16" 5R Stainless Barrel. Still new only fired 49 Rounds of crappy ball through the 14.5. KAC Offsets attached on opposite side... Oh and Leupold CQBSS MK8 H27D.... Suspended in a Larue
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-02-16 at 15:14. Reason: Scope

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SABRE675: Nice barrel works by master Marvin...how is the weight savings with the dimples on your 16"?

I'm debating whether to have the barrel recontoured first, and then dimpled front/behind gas block or just full dimpled job with no recontouring. - this will be used as my long range DMR type rifle, feedback much appreciated..

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    HK1308, It's tough to say. I wish I would have weighed them beforehand. I did consult other that had the work done before sending them off inquiring about the same thing. I believe they all said weight was 5-8 oz depending on the barrel. However some stated it balanced better being the MWS is front heavy. My 16 inch barrel started off as an 18 inch. I had it chopped to 16 to maintain the rifle length gas tube. It had a slightly heavy profile then the stock 16 inch chrome lined barrel that I had chopped to 14.5 and pinned to 16 inch. I will say that it does indeed feel more favorably balanced. But as set up with optics and bipod it is still fairly beefy. With the Chrome lined barrel and a Aimpoint T1 it could be ran in a carbine class. I was curious before it was done about the new factory lightweight profiled barrels coming out from LMT. They weren't available, but I was told they were on the horizon. Not knowing the release date I sent both barrels off and hoped for the best. I know Marvin advised me when I had both barrels done that re-profiling would provide the most weight savings but there was a risk to accuracy. Can't remember what the reason was but he also advised that the 16 inch would be more accurate after he chopped it to 14.5. Think it had something to do with the chrome lining. It reads that the new factory light weight profiled barrels shave 2/3 of a pound so that is right around 10 oz or a lil more. I would still be curious to see how one of those feel. But I'd have to sell one of my jewels to find out. Marvin is awesome guy to talk to. Said he trued up the muzzle brakes too when he did the work. They look awesome with the dimples and cerakote.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    SABRE675: Nice barrel works by master Marvin...how is the weight savings with the dimples on your 16"?
    I'll get you some info tonight when I get back home. I had a 18" SS barrel chopped to 16" and dimpled (behind gas block) by Marvin too. I also have the stock 16" CL barrel. The weight savings over the 16" CL was less than expected. I will say though that the barrel stacks the rounds on top of each other.

If you're planning on going with a 16" SS barrel, don't expect it to do that great at long range though. With 175gr FGMM my 16" SS barrel wasn't doing that great at 800yds and couldn't hit 900yds in 45F weather and ~300ft elevation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Huge thanks Plasman and Sabre, really appreciate your feedback along with everyone else's. I think at this point I'm leaning having Marvin dimple front/rear of the gas block, keeping it at 16" and using the KAC MAMS I already have.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Some pictures.... still need lights, and paint.

Top rifle:
    -LMT Lower
    -LM8MWS upper with 20" 6.5CM SS barrel
    -Geissele SD-E Trigger
    -KAC 600m rear sight
    -Magpul Pro front
    -Flat Line Spec Ops bubble level
    -Magpul Miad Grip
    -Magpul ACS stock with S.A.P.R cheek riser.
    -Surefire brake and SOCOM762-RC (FTW HAD cover)
    -Badger Ordance 22 MOA riser
    -Vortex Precision (Seekins) 1.1" 34mm rings
    -Vortex 4.5-27x MRAD Razor HD 2 with MRAD "Christmas tree" reticle
    -Aadamount scope covers
    -Raptor ambi charging handle

Bottom rifle:
    -Mega Arms lower
    -LM8MWS upper with pinned 14.5" CL barrel
    -Geissele SD-C trigger
    -Troy ambi mag release
    -Magpul Pro offset sights
    -KAC low pro bubble level
    -Magpul Miad Grip
    -Magpul ACS stock
    -Law Tactical folder
    -Silencerco Trifecta brake with Saker 762 (FTW HAD cover)
    -BOBRO QD mount
    -SWFA 1-6X scope
    --Aadamount scope covers
    -Armageddon Tactical GMS-10 ambi charging handle

Sweet set-ups, brother. I'm actually thinking about picking up a second MWS or saving up a bit extra for the KAC ACC MLOK and configuring it in a very similar manner as the one on the bottom. I really don't want to mess around with reconfiguring my DMR set-up at all. What's the approximate weight of your DMR with the Razor HD?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0194.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0958.jpgIMG_0965.jpg

Crappy Cell Phone Pics. All work done last spring. Barrels Both done by Jedi Master Marvin Pitts. OD Green Cerakoted Goodness done by Tier 1 Defense. UBR n Slashes Buffer. Giessle Trigger. Battle Arms Safety. Current config is a 14.5 chrome lined n pinned Surefire Brake. Additional Rifle Length Gas 16" 5R Stainless Barrel. Still new only fired 49 Rounds of crappy ball through the 14.5. KAC Offsets attached on opposite side... Oh and Leupold CQBSS MK8 H27D.... Suspended in a Larue
    Man, that's a sweet rig. Love the OD and black combo and have considered it myself. I think I'll stick with FDE since it reflects the environment I mostly shoot in. I've gone back and forth about having Marvin chop and dimple my 20" CL barrel, but my set-up shoots very well as is and I don't really want to screw around with it. My set-up is a bit front heavy as well, and the DMR stock doesn't really balance it out as much as I'd hoped. Nevertheless, very happy with the current configuration. Nice work!
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 150 of 311 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast