Page 152 of 311 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I'll get you some info tonight when I get back home. I had a 18" SS barrel chopped to 16" and dimpled (behind gas block) by Marvin too. I also have the stock 16" CL barrel. The weight savings over the 16" CL was less than expected. I will say though that the barrel stacks the rounds on top of each other.
    My barrel assembly weight measurements:
    16" CL: 3lbs 7.2oz
    16" SS dimpled: 3lbs, 5.2oz
    18" SS: 3lbs, 12.2oz

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    ETA: How is the KAC and XDS-2 for preloading? I like to shoot with an aggressive forward preload. Also, which has the better panning feature?
    The KAC is solid for loading. The XDS-2 has a bit of flex, but I never worry about it or get the feeling that it'll give out.

For panning the XDS-2 has a bit of resistance, but nowhere near the Atlas which requires a good amount of force just to get it going (jerky). The KAC is super smooth in panning.

In tilt both the KAC and XDS-2 are super smooth and free-moving unlike the once again stiff Atlas. The KAC has excellent pan and tilt controls which can be manipulated with the weak hand while in the prone position. The XDS-2's controls aren't difficult to use if your arms are long enough to reach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I aggressively pre-load the XDS-2C and while it offers a good amount of flex, at no point do I feel like I'm putting excessive pressure on it unlike the Atlas.
    I never felt like I was putting excessive pressure on the Atlas. It was pretty solid for loading with little flex. That was about the only thing I liked on it (aside from the QD mount and light weight).

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Does any one know if the new light weight barrels have the same profiles as the non-light weight barrels? I'm assuming that there is a light weight version of every MWS barrel option offered? Just to clarify, by light weight I'm referring to the barrels with the aluminum barrel extensions.
    The LW barrels only come in the 13" and 16" lengths. I just looked at the product page and was surprised to see SS versions of the LW barrels (must be new, I didn't see them before) in addition to the original CL ones.

The LW and standard-weight barrels' profiles are definitely different.

The product page doesn't say whether the LW SS barrels have 1:10 twists or 1:11.25 like the standard-weight SS barrels (not sure why they ever went with 1:11.25).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Not a whole lot of information anywhere that I've found.....
    Probably because nobody wants to pay $550 for a LW barrel =P.

Feedback Score
    Checked this thread out for the first time in ages and saw the posts on the light bbl.

I have the 16" CL. Normal profile forward of the gas block, smaller diameter to the rear of it, roughly 3/4 lb lighter (I don't have my records near by). I mounted a surefire warcomp on it to tame the muzzle jump and flash. Works fine.

I don't have enough rounds through it for a final assessment of accuracy to include getting it nice and hot, but first impressions is that it is an honest MOA barrel for at least the first few rounds. My hand load is the equivalent of 168 gr. FGMM.

Handling is positive improved. Not near as muzzle heavy and it can, depending on how much optic you have on there, be driven relatively fast up close.

Over all worth the money to me as the rifle went from a total pig weight wise to heavy but useable.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCK View Post
    Checked this thread out for the first time in ages and saw the posts on the light bbl.

I have the 16" CL. Normal profile forward of the gas block, smaller diameter to the rear of it, roughly 3/4 lb lighter (I don't have my records near by). I mounted a surefire warcomp on it to tame the muzzle jump and flash. Works fine.

I don't have enough rounds through it for a final assessment of accuracy to include getting it nice and hot, but first impressions is that it is an honest MOA barrel for at least the first few rounds. My hand load is the equivalent of 168 gr. FGMM.

Handling is positive improved. Not near as muzzle heavy and it can, depending on how much optic you have on there, be driven relatively fast up close.

Over all worth the money to me as the rifle went from a total pig weight wise to heavy but useable.
    Thanks for the feedback. If you get any more data please post it. Is the balance shifted to the center with the new barrel receiver interface?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If she wins it will suck so bad. Have we not had enough of the Clintons by now? Time to move on from the Clintons and Bushes. Geez!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveAR View Post
    If she wins it will suck so bad. Have we not had enough of the Clintons by now? Time to move on from the Clintons and Bushes. Geez!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. If you get any more data please post it. Is the balance shifted to the center with the new barrel receiver interface?
    Yes it is. Not nearly as nose heavy. Still not neutral or rear balanced. However, the rifle feels a lot more alive.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCK View Post
    Yes it is. Not nearly as nose heavy. Still not neutral or rear balanced. However, the rifle feels a lot more alive.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Picked up my Saker today. I'm going to run it as is for now, but ultimately I think I'm going to go ahead and follow through with my plans to have it ball milled and cut down to 16".

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks good Boba.

Do you have a suppressor cover yet? I recommend the Rifles Only FTW HAD cover. The inner core is rated to 3,000 and the outer replaceable shell is rated to 2,000 degrees.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Looks good Boba.

Do you have a suppressor cover yet? I recommend the Rifles Only FTW HAD cover. The inner core is rated to 3,000 and the outer replaceable shell is rated to 2,000 degrees.
    Just checked out the video on their web site. Very impressive and I'll definitely consider it.

Page 152 of 311 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast