Page 154 of 311 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Have you guys tried contacting LMT direct?
    Negative - I guess I fell for the internet ninja sme on TOS that said they do not sell them separate from the complete barrel assembly. I'll give it s shot with LMT and follow up. Either way I just bought a 16" CL barrel sans extension for $45

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo6Actual View Post
    Solid copy.
    Lol, yea that is why I ask after talking w/ Gene he is the one who clued me in. I'm making some mods on my MWS & was going to do "rail shave" on one of them. I prefer anodizing to creakote. He advised me of the caveat about the staked in stud nuts. He said they have to be removed to have it reanodized which since it's a electrically charged process I clearly understand why.
    I'm not experiencing the same robustness of the creakote that other's are. I'm not easily swayed by the cult of personality or social engineering marketeers. I already know anodizing is harder & more durable but not as pretty.
    I also spoke to him about the new LW Barrels & whom & why they were developed. Interesting data points there.
    I found a DMR Long Slick MRP IN 5.56 that I'm cravin over to build into a MK12 project. Super good price for a 20" SS 1/7 Ultra Match that I'm going to chop to 18" & entertaining having "MP" do his magic act on.
    Thanks for reply
    share with the class!

Quote Originally Posted by glock21xxx View Post
    Anyone know where to get an MWS barrel extension?

I was under the impression that they do not sell the extensions..... but would love to be wrong.

IIRC, they used to, and a couple smiths used to do conversions with whatever barrel you wanted. I believe Marvin can take an old shot out barrel with extension and put a new blank on the old extension.

Does anyone have Gene's direct number?

I want to inquire about the longer SLK MRP Upper that fits over a suppressor (was used in SF's promotional videos for their Genesis.

That would make a sweet 300blk upper that could also double as am SPR upper. I have a 18" SS MRP barrel, but need a longer rail. My CQB uppers look a tad silly with that long of barrel.

download.jpg
    Last edited by domestique; 02-12-16 at 17:47.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    "I also spoke to him about the new LW Barrels & whom & why they were developed. Interesting data points there."
    -VooDoo6Actual

I'd be really interested to hear this if you wouldn't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    "I also spoke to him about the new LW Barrels & whom & why they were developed. Interesting data points there."
    -VooDoo6Actual

I'd be really interested to hear this if you wouldn't mind.
    Yes, voodoo please share with the class.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Marvin Pitt's Master Jedi was doing MRPish conversions. Don't might wanna get ahold of him ref MWS extensions....
    Curious to hear about the LW Data as well.... Do tell.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-13-16 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo6Actual View Post
    Solid copy.
    Lol, yea that is why I ask after talking w/ Gene he is the one who clued me in. I'm making some mods on my MWS & was going to do "rail shave" on one of them. I prefer anodizing to creakote. He advised me of the caveat about the staked in stud nuts. He said they have to be removed to have it reanodized which since it's a electrically charged process I clearly understand why.
    I'm not experiencing the same robustness of the creakote that other's are. I'm not easily swayed by the cult of personality or social engineering marketeers. I already know anodizing is harder & more durable but not as pretty.
    I also spoke to him about the new LW Barrels & whom & why they were developed. Interesting data points there.
    I found a DMR Long Slick MRP IN 5.56 that I'm cravin over to build into a MK12 project. Super good price for a 20" SS 1/7 Ultra Match that I'm going to chop to 18" & entertaining having "MP" do his magic act on.
    Thanks for reply
    I agree with the others. You need to disseminate that info in the interest of ballistic academia.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Sure no prob Gents.
    firstly, I always talk w/ Gene or Karl (when I'm lucky enough to catch him). I know I can talk to them w/o agenda or typical mission creep.

I asked Gene what the "inside baseball" was on the LW barrels. He said they had a request order for LW barrels from a SF Unit in Canada. They wanted lighter weight barrels for extended field ops etc.
    He said these were the leftovers they had after fullfillment of that contract. He also said they had Aluminum barrel extensions & obviously a different contour & profile. He said & claimed great accuracy & AAR from them. He said about 2/3 lb. was realized.

I really like the KAC URX 3.1 Mod 1 look & want to have DD do the mod. But my experience w/ creakote's end user durability cosmetically has been less than stellar. I was ruminating on getting a 16" SS LMT LW barrel & doing the shaved rail mod which would cut the weight to approx. 20 oz. (approx 8 oz. rail shave + 12 ozs. LW barrel= 20 oz.) That would yield a weapon weight of approx. 142 oz= 8.875 lbs. vs. 10.2 lbs. weight as metric (NOT using common core idiot speak).
    I'm going to do more diligence before I decide.
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 02-14-16 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reading through one of the forums, someone had posted that Gap would build a barrel if you supplied a donor barrel. I filled out their contact forum and their reply was at this time the only AR they working on is their own Gap 10. I would really like a 24" or 26" barreled in 6.5CM round. Or maybe a 6XC, I have a bolt gun chamber for it what a great round.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Reading through one of the forums, someone had posted that Gap would build a barrel if you supplied a donor barrel. I filled out their contact forum and their reply was at this time the only AR they working on is their own Gap 10. I would really like a 24" or 26" barreled in 6.5CM round. Or maybe a 6XC, I have a bolt gun chamber for it what a great round.
    A couple smiths can do that.

I would contact Marvin Pitts. The wait at GAP is close to 12 months IIRC.

I plan on doing that with my 6.5CM barrel once it's shot out. A 24" would be perfect, 20" is borderline too short. I've taken mine out to 1,100 yards.... but after 900 yards it's really loosing steam.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Domestique. Have you tried RL 17, I use it in my bolt gun and It faster the other powders I have tried.

Page 154 of 311 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast