Page 162 of 311 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Ok, I saw the one on page 111, not a great pic but there it is.i want to do a rattle can job on mine.....with Aervoe. I need to plan it out. Nice to see one painted up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Those are super nice! I'm still wrestling with the idea of painting mine.

Feedback Score
    Very nice! Inspiration to paint mine. Thanks for the pics.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    So what's the best way to set up one of these rifles suppressed in the form of a 16" chromelined barrrel? 16" barrel alone with a carbine buffer tube + heavier buffer? 16" barrel with a VLTOR A5 buffer? Or take a 20" barrel, cut down to 16" utilizing the longer gas system? I would be using a Surefire SOCOM, and the gun would be set up DMR style.

Essentially I want a Knight's APC with a chromelined barrel. The DDV5 in 7.62 is another candidate.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    So what's the best way to set up one of these rifles suppressed in the form of a 16" chromelined barrrel? 16" barrel alone with a carbine buffer tube + heavier buffer? 16" barrel with a VLTOR A5 buffer? Or take a 20" barrel, cut down to 16" utilizing the longer gas system? I would be using a Surefire SOCOM, and the gun would be set up DMR style.

Essentially I want a Knight's APC with a chromelined barrel. The DDV5 in 7.62 is another candidate.
    I have a SOCOM762-RC.

I run a 18" 308 and 20" 6.5CM. I also have a pinned 14.5" 308, but I use a Saker on that barrel.

All of my suppressor setups work great with the standard buffer tube, and a XH-carbine buffer and the accompanying spring. Email Clint at Heavybuffers.com he will take care of you. He knows he LMT system very well.

I am tempted to try the Gemtech 308 bolt carrier, but I have no problems with my current setup.

Feedback Score

What is your goal with this setup? It can make a big difference when you look at things with the possibility of the money and time wasted going into things that you may not want or need instead of focussing on what you feel fits your needs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LMT's running pretty hard, especially the 16 inch barreled version, when I put my gemtech gmt-300wm on on my 16 inch CL barrel, it was recoiling pretty hard and ejecting a 1'oclock, with that standard LMT buffer, reliably, tried the JP silent capture set up with multiple weights and just couldn't make it happen.

got a 18 SS, ejection with can on, is around 3'oclock, defiantly more pleasant,

I plan on sending the 16 inch CL to adco to be re-profiled and cut back to 13.5, should address the gas issue with that barrel

with that being said, you definitely have options,

first would be an extra heavy buffer from spikes(or any mfg that makes one) to slow down the bolt speed, that would work with a 16 inch barrel.
    second you could give the gemtech suppressed bolt carrier a try, seems to be getting universal praise on the forums, I would eventually like to check one out.
    third, a 20 inch CL and have it cut back, and maybe run a lighter buffer if you have any undergassing issue which I think is unlikely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    What is your goal with this setup? It can make a big difference when you look at things with the possibility of the money and time wasted going into things that you may not want or need instead of focussing on what you feel fits your needs.
    DMR set up and/or battle rifle role. I can picture a 1-8x Schmidt and Bender or a new Nightforce 4-16x on top, depending upon the class I take or if I shoot 3 gun heavy metal. Hence, I figure 16" set up with the ability to put on my SOCOM can whenever I want. This would not be just for bench shooting use, looking for the tightest groups possible.

Thanks for the tips everyone. It really sounds like LMT should have went with a midlength or longer gas system on the 16" models. Is ADCO the place to have the 20" barrel cut down? Any other advice?

Page 162 of 311 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast