Page 163 of 311 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I have a SOCOM762-RC.

I run a 18" 308 and 20" 6.5CM. I also have a pinned 14.5" 308, but I use a Saker on that barrel.

All of my suppressor setups work great with the standard buffer tube, and a XH-carbine buffer and the accompanying spring. Email Clint at Heavybuffers.com he will take care of you. He knows he LMT system very well.

I am tempted to try the Gemtech 308 bolt carrier, but I have no problems with my current setup.
    I figured Clint would be the key figure in making this work. Thanks

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    DMR set up and/or battle rifle role. I can picture a 1-8x Schmidt and Bender or a new Nightforce 4-16x on top, depending upon the class I take or if I shoot 3 gun heavy metal. Hence, I figure 16" set up with the ability to put on my SOCOM can whenever I want. This would not be just for bench shooting use, looking for the tightest groups possible.

Thanks for the tips everyone. It really sounds like LMT should have went with a midlength or longer gas system on the 16" models. Is ADCO the place to have the 20" barrel cut down? Any other advice?
    Dave Laubert at Defensive Creations cut my barrel back, but I'm not sure if he can do the gas port.

Marvin Pitts definitely can change gas ports though.

http://www.defensivecreations.com/
    Last edited by domestique; 03-25-16 at 22:34.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    DMR set up and/or battle rifle role. I can picture a 1-8x Schmidt and Bender or a new Nightforce 4-16x on top, depending upon the class I take or if I shoot 3 gun heavy metal. Hence, I figure 16" set up with the ability to put on my SOCOM can whenever I want. This would not be just for bench shooting use, looking for the tightest groups possible.

Thanks for the tips everyone. It really sounds like LMT should have went with a midlength or longer gas system on the 16" models. Is ADCO the place to have the 20" barrel cut down? Any other advice?
    Going to be a heavy stick, anyway while how hot they run is annoying, it was developed to be a military weapon that will run on anything its fed till the end. That means eating a wide range of ammo fron m80 to mk318 to m80a1. Very few rifles can do that.

It's not a hobby rifle that was shipped with a dozen stickers, some season salt and a hat made in china. It a rifle that was built to shoot people all day long

Feedback Score
    LMT told me that some magazines may be tighter than others and not drop free. I compared the mag wells between my KAC SR-25 and the LMT and the LMT is slightly different. I prefer my magazines to drop free. If you plan on buying KAC magazines for your rifle try and find the black follower ones and save yourself some frustrations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobk538447 View Post
    LMT told me that some magazines may be tighter than others and not drop free. I compared the mag wells between my KAC SR-25 and the LMT and the LMT is slightly different. I prefer my magazines to drop free. If you plan on buying KAC magazines for your rifle try and find the black follower ones and save yourself some frustrations.
    I just tried a bunch of white and black follower KAC mags in my gen 1 mws. All dropped free. Are gen 1 lowers a bit larger in the magwell than gen 2?

Feedback Score
    I don't know about the difference in LMT receivers but that's a good question. My LMT is the later version with the dual ejectors. Initially on my LMT the black and the white ones wouldn't drop at all.

My KAC SR-25 is one of the older match rifles that has the thread of the front gas block for the suppressor. All of the magazines drop free from it.

I read also that there are different versions of the KAC magazines. The black ones that I have the restriction marks for LEO/Government. The white follower ones are just stamped with the KAC on the front of the magazine. I think the it is the width of the dimensions of the magazines that were causing the issue versus the length.
    Last edited by bobk538447; 03-27-16 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shot my mws with 16" chrome lined barrel using Portugese 147gr surplus. Unsuppressed it ran like a scalped dog. SF SOCOM brake really tames the recoil. Adding my SF 762 SOCOM RC was very disappointing. The first mag I got through about 8 rounds before I began getting double feeds. Then I was getting them every 1-2 rounds. I'm waiting on a 16" LW barrel and dual ejector bolt. Will see how this functions suppressed once I make the swap.

I was pretty reliably hitting steel at 400yds using a steiner 1-4x and the same Port 147gr ammo.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Shot my mws with 16" chrome lined barrel using Portugese 147gr surplus. Unsuppressed it ran like a scalped dog. SF SOCOM brake really tames the recoil. Adding my SF 762 SOCOM RC was very disappointing. The first mag I got through about 8 rounds before I began getting double feeds. Then I was getting them every 1-2 rounds. I'm waiting on a 16" LW barrel and dual ejector bolt. Will see how this functions suppressed once I make the swap.

I was pretty reliably hitting steel at 400yds using a steiner 1-4x and the same Port 147gr ammo.
    I can't remember if the Surplus Port is a stout NATO load or not (where were the cases landing with and without suppressor)? At the very least you will probably need a heavier buffer/spring. Maybe even the Gemtech SBC if your loads are extremely hot.

I have the same setup (SF SOCOM762-RC). I run the XH-Carbine buffer and extra power spring from Heavy Buffers. My ejection pattern is right at 3-4 with no ejection swipes or other negative brass signs. I do put a piece of velcro on the shell deflector to prevent the brass from getting too dinged (for reloading).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I can't remember if the Surplus Port is a stout NATO load or not (where were the cases landing with and without suppressor)? At the very least you will probably need a heavier buffer/spring. Maybe even the Gemtech SBC if your loads are extremely hot.

I have the same setup (SF SOCOM762-RC). I run the XH-Carbine buffer and extra power spring from Heavy Buffers. My ejection pattern is right at 3-4 with no ejection swipes or other negative brass signs. I do put a piece of velcro on the shell deflector to prevent the brass from getting too dinged (for reloading).
    Mine was ejecting from the case deflector and hitting the receiver near the back of the flared portion of the barrel support region of the upper. I believe the port surplus is indeed NATO spec - very hot.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    For those running the factory 20" SS 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, what kind of accuracy are you seeing with this configuration? Trying to decide whether I want to go with the factory barrel or have Marvin work his magic and convert an aftermarket barrel to make it MWS compatible.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 163 of 311 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast