Page 164 of 311 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    For those running the factory 20" SS 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, what kind of accuracy are you seeing with this configuration? Trying to decide whether I want to go with the factory barrel or have Marvin work his magic and convert an aftermarket barrel to make it MWS compatible.
    I have 2 factory 6.5CM barrels. Both are sub MOA with handloads (I've never shot any factory match ammo through them). I took both of them out to 1,200 yards with ease.

I personally world only go custom if you wanted a barrel longer than 20". The problem is you either need to buy a barrel extension (rare) or cannabalize a perfectly good barrel to reuse the extension. I plan on going with a 24" custom barrel after I shoot these 20" factory barrels out.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I have 2 factory 6.5CM barrels. Both are sub MOA with handloads (I've never shot any factory match ammo through them). I took both of them out to 1,200 yards with ease.

I personally world only go custom if you wanted a barrel longer than 20". The problem is you either need to buy a barrel extension (rare) or cannabalize a perfectly good barrel to reuse the extension. I plan on going with a 24" custom barrel after I shoot these 20" factory barrels out.
    How do you get the barrel extension and gas system etc for a custom mws barrel?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    How do you get the barrel extension and gas system etc for a custom mws barrel?
    That's the problem. You either need to find one on an EE forum, hope Marvin has one, or cannabalize a factory barrel.

IIRC, LMT used to sell them to Marvin and another company that is now out of business.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    That's the problem. You either need to find one on an EE forum, hope Marvin has one, or cannabalize a factory barrel.

IIRC, LMT used to sell them to Marvin and another company that is now out of business.
    Hmmm. A Proof Research custom barrel done by Marvin would be awesome.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Hmmm. A Proof Research custom barrel done by Marvin would be awesome.
    Yeah, it would also run you like $1500.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Yeah, it would also run you like $1500.
    True. But if it runs well, would be an amazing setup.

Feedback Score

It is a newish, oldish breed. New upper, new bolt, older lower & barrel. Enhanced trigger, LaRue 10MOA mount, Gen II Vortex. Have had it out to 830yds in current configuration. It's load out changes depending on what I'm doing that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have been looking at that same scope, (1-6 Razor?).
    Cerakote, I'm tempted but I don't know that much about it.

Feedback Score
    I tell you what, it is by far the coolest AR optic I've seen. Crystal clear glass, great reticle, bright day visible red dot. I replaced a Leopold MK4 4.5x14x50 with this & do not feel like I gave anything up, even at distance. If there is a drawback it is weight. Perfect match for this pig of a gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    I bought the chassis from ADCO. They said they did the work. It's good work.
    Ha! This is my old upper! Can't say the milling saved weight, but the handling & feel was awesome!

Page 164 of 311 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast