Page 165 of 311 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Is the MWS love all gone? Shadowed by the likes of the SCAR, SR25, DPMS GII, Daniel Defence 5V1, PredatOBR? Where are all the range reports of this new light weight barrel? I will drive on! I chopped the rails on my old upper. Loved it & want to do it again! Chopped rails & a new light weight barrel cut down to 14.5" with a pinned & welded break is the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nedceifus View Post
    Is the MWS love all gone? Shadowed by the likes of the SCAR, SR25, DPMS GII, Daniel Defence 5V1, PredatOBR? Where are all the range reports of this new light weight barrel? I will drive on! I chopped the rails on my old upper. Loved it & want to do it again! Chopped rails & a new light weight barrel cut down to 14.5" with a pinned & welded break is the goal.

The MWS is very well solidified as a long-term presence in the market. Unfortunately, it is the heaviest rifle of the lot.

I intend to purchase my third MWS (first slick side) this summer.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just got my LW 16" chrome lined barrel and dual ejector bolt group. Need to install once I find the torque wrench and Torx bit....dang it, where did I put them!?!?

A friend (and member here) has a mws lm8 with LW barrel and CTR stock. His rifle weighs 8.75 lbs without optic unloaded. There is still some room to lighten the barrel profile aft of the gas block and shave a few ounces.

Feedback Score
    The LMT love is far from gone. They suit many very well. Being vocal about it may change from person to person. Weight seems to be the major detractor for some. Weight may or may not concern others the same, they run well. If LMT could produce a product that may suit the reduced weight needs for some, while offering the current product could be a pretty good move for them.

Feedback Score
    For those thinking about milling rails... When ADCO did my first upper they milled just to the depth of the bottom of the rail. You could even faintly see the T marks still. The thickness of the upper should not matter in the hands of a skilled machinist. Also, strength is not affected.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Just got my LW 16" chrome lined barrel and dual ejector bolt group. Need to install once I find the torque wrench and Torx bit....dang it, where did I put them!?!?

A friend (and member here) has a mws lm8 with LW barrel and CTR stock. His rifle weighs 8.75 lbs without optic unloaded. There is still some room to lighten the barrel profile aft of the gas block and shave a few ounces.
    I'd be happy with that.

What kind of weight reduction are guys seeing running the slick LM8 uppers with ball milled 16" heavy barrels?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    For the guys who have chopped 20" barrels to 14.5", how is the reliability, recoil?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For the guys who have chopped 20" barrels to 14.5", how is the reliability, recoil?

Measure the barrel, are you even able to chop it that far with the longer gas block? The 16" uses a mid length, and the 18-20 uses a rifle length gas system.

FWIW, I have a14.5" pinned that I chopped from 16" and it has the same reliability.

ETA: someone like Marvin MAY be able to relocate and drill a new gas system... for a small fortune.
    Last edited by domestique; 04-13-16 at 10:41.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Hmm, I may have read something wrong somewhere along the way. In reading this thread over & over the last few days I probably mixed up info.

Page 165 of 311 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast