Page 166 of 311 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I'd be happy with that.

What kind of weight reduction are guys seeing running the slick LM8 uppers with ball milled 16" heavy barrels?
    16" CL barrel: 3lbs, 7.2oz
    16" SS barrel ball milled: 3lbs, 5.2oz

MWS railed upper chassis (stripped): 2lbs 1.7oz
    LM8 slick upper chassis (stripped): 2lbs, 0.9oz

Feedback Score
    Just a bit of info. Got an email response from Gene today confirming that I have a 16" CL 5R barrel. I did not know they ever made one. Your rifle was built and inspected on 9-29-10. It has a button pulled 5R barrel and is chrome lined 1/10 twist rifling. The “MP” is for Mag Particle inspection after proof firing. The “CB” is chrome bore. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. Next time you talk to Gene, ask him about this rare MRP upper:

Barry Dueck has a close relationship with LMT (uses them in 3-gun) and in a SF promo video was using this upper. It is a slightly longer SLK8 CQB that is wider to accommodate a SF suppressor. I would love to have one of these to use with both my 18" SS 5.56 barrel, and with my 300blk barrel.

There were rumors last fall on TOS, that they were going to be released, but I saw nothing at Shot Show 2016.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    What up peeps. So I'm stripping my MWS lower and I hit a snag. I know the bolt catch/release is retained by a set screw rather than a roll pin, but I'm having the hardest time breaking it free without destroying the ultra thin 1/16 allen key. I put a few drops of Kroil in there thinking that it might works its way between the threads and loosen it up a bit, and I've also tried applying heat with a handheld torch. That motherf**ker won't budge. Any ideas or suggestions?

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    What up peeps. So I'm stripping my MWS lower and I hit a snag. I know the bolt catch/release is retained by a set screw rather than a roll pin, but I'm having the hardest time breaking it free without destroying the ultra thin 1/16 allen key. I put a few drops of Kroil in there thinking that it might works its way between the threads and loosen it up a bit, and I've also tried applying heat with a handheld torch. That motherf**ker won't budge. Any ideas or suggestions?

Break Free or other pentrating oil elixir let sit w/ heat as you did again. Use composite dead blow hammer / mallet w/ robust taps at hex set screw extraction point while summoning the "Gods of Chaos" & "WTF Murphy" to rebuke & release the bound spirit from the evil entity holding it within.

Frustrating indeed I know.
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 04-15-16 at 06:46.

Feedback Score
    All of what VooDoo said but I might try a impact screw driver. The kind you tap with a hammer. What are you stripping for? Cerakote?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Okay I'll give it another shot, but I've all but tried everything I know. And yes, I'm stripping to have it Cerekoted. Maybe they can just mask that part off, but I was going for an ultra clean appearance.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Ha!!! 16" CL sold. 16" lightweight on the way. As soon as it gets here it goes to ADCO to get chopped to 14.5"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nedceifus View Post
    Ha!!! 16" CL sold. 16" lightweight on the way. As soon as it gets here it goes to ADCO to get chopped to 14.5"

What was the sale price?

Feedback Score
    Ehhhhhh, not going to say. Too damn cheap! But getting this weight reduction thing rolling.

Page 166 of 311 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast