Page 189 of 311 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why the extremely long barrel. Is that the norm with creedmors? I couldn't go larger than 20 on my gas gun. I hope you enjoy it. When the wind settles, let us know how it shoots.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Just back from Mark Chanlynn with new 26" barrel in 6 Creedmoor. It a left twist 1-8 he makes an amazing barrel I have the same barrel but in 6XC on my AI bolt gun. It will be interesting to see how close my gas gun will come to my bolt. I just do not see that either cartridge giving up to much in the accuracy department. I went today to try it, but it was blowing with gust to 28 not much sense in wasting ammo.

http://
    HOT! Very jealous. I really wish my 6.5CM barrels were 26 or at the very least, 24".

Did he reuse a barrel extension? What gas block did you go with?

I would love to get a range report, and average velocities you are getting.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Looks like an slr adjustable gas block.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is an SLR gas block. It is 26", I prefer longer barrels and wanted to see what kind of accuracy I could achieve with a gas gun. Since my bolt gun has the same barrel it seemed like a way to compare them. Plus I can get 3000-3100fps with a little less powder, which will hopefully improve barrel life a little. If I decide I don't like it, I can always have it cut and rethreaded.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    It is an SLR gas block. It is 26", I prefer longer barrels and wanted to see what kind of accuracy I could achieve with a gas gun. Since my bolt gun has the same barrel it seemed like a way to compare them. Plus I can get 3000-3100fps with a little less powder, which will hopefully improve barrel life a little. If I decide I don't like it, I can always have it cut and rethreaded.
    Did you reuse a barrel extension or did your gun smith provide a new one?
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The extension came off my 308 barrel, but is simply unscrews from the barrel. Mark even saved the original gas tube and roll pins so it is all reusable.

Feedback Score
    Im curious if any of you gentlemen who happen to use Surefire cans have noticed a consistent, repeatable shift in POI with either the 16" CL or the lightweight 16" CL.

I'm trying to figure out which model of MWS holds the most promise for me. I do lots of 'Run&Gun' type stuff and I already have a 762MINI. I'm even wondering about having a barrel cut to 14.5 just to make it a bit more handy with the can but I'm sure it will be obnoxious.

Regards,
    Ek

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by english kanigit View Post
    Im curious if any of you gentlemen who happen to use Surefire cans have noticed a consistent, repeatable shift in POI with either the 16" CL or the lightweight 16" CL.

I'm trying to figure out which model of MWS holds the most promise for me. I do lots of 'Run&Gun' type stuff and I already have a 762MINI. I'm even wondering about having a barrel cut to 14.5 just to make it a bit more handy with the can but I'm sure it will be obnoxious.

Regards,
    Ek
    Hit up JoshNC here on the forums. He has both the 16" CL and 16" CL LW barrels, and a socom762 that he uses on it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by english kanigit View Post

Regards,
    Ek
    I have both a 14.5" pinned CL, 16" CL, 18" SS, and 20" SS barrels. I use a Saker on the 14.5", and a SF 762-RC on all the others. To be honest, I almost always run suppressed and would have to check my dope book for what the POI shift is with the 762-RC... but it isn't much.

The 14.5" is nice, especially with a LAW tactical folder.... but it does bark without a suppressor.

20160124_152615.jpg

20160124_152334.jpg

Edit: sorry the photos are upside down.
    Last edited by domestique; 10-08-16 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Hit up JoshNC here on the forums. He has both the 16" CL and 16" CL LW barrels, and a socom762 that he uses on it.
    Good question....next time we shoot I suppose I should check this at 100 yd. I haven't grossly noticed any difference, but that is while shooting at 20" (I think) steel at 550.

Page 189 of 311 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast