Page 197 of 311 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    So you grip but offer no substance. Not quite fair to LMT. One has to think user error at this point. But your welcome to offer substance.
    Really?

My thinking is the complete opposite... give them the chance to fix it before publicly airing their deficiencies.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be mysterious, so here it is:

Last edited by KalashniKEV; 11-25-16 at 06:53. Reason: That's my thinking also...

Feedback Score
    A more proper way of handling this would have offered LMT a chance to remedy this before airing that in a venue like this. All manufacturers have a potential for error, that is a basic fact. For LMT to to reduce this potential in the future, it is better to work with them directly. Base assembly errors can come from any vendor, and they do from time to time, no matter whose name is on it. Human error is human error, don't mistake an assembly line error in the process as an idea about all assemblies for those.
    When you deal with enough of a quantity of items, you will notice that some items will have issues, that's something we can't avoid. Having to send some items back does not help that user so much, but working with a manufacturer on a issue can work towards building a better product overall, for at least the design intent.
    Sure, many of us could most likely remedy issues like what is presented here. A better solution is to work with a manufacture so that assembly and QA could have kept that in check before being shipped out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    A more proper way of handling this would have offered LMT a chance to remedy this before airing that in a venue like this.
    That's exactly what I said.

I don't have user error though.

I know about rifles.

Feedback Score
    I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. As for myself, I did some more 100yd shooting with the MWS. I also got a chance to swap out the spiked feet for the Atlas rubber feet on my KAC bipod which allowed me to shoot more consistently from a carpeted bench as opposed to shooting with the spiked feet where each shot inched me back little at a time resulting with me repositioning myself almost after every other shot. And from the results, the swap seemed to have tightened up my groups! Nah I'm just messing around but, I did manage to get a couple sub moa groups with the FGMM 175gr and IMI 175gr match ammo that I couldn't achieve the last time out. Also shot a bunch of m80 ball that couldn't seem to get under a couple inches.

Shot only two 5 shot groups of 175gr FGMM @ 100yds with this being the best of the two.

Here's a few 5 shot groups with the 175gr IMI match @ 100yds.

All 32rds of IMI 175gr I shot.

Last edited by AR415; 11-27-16 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR415 View Post
    I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. As for myself, I did some more 100yd shooting with the MWS. I also got a chance to swap out the spiked feet for the Atlas rubber feet on my KAC bipod which allowed me to shoot more consistently from a carpeted bench as opposed to shooting with the spiked feet where each shot inched me back little at a time resulting with me repositioning myself almost after every other shot. And from the results, the swap seemed to have tightened up my groups! Nah I'm just messing around but, I did manage to get a couple sub moa groups with the FGMM 175gr and IMI 175gr match ammo that I couldn't achieve the last time out. Also shot a bunch of m80 ball that couldn't seem to get under a couple inches.

Shot only two 5 shot groups of 175gr FGMM @ 100yds with this being the best of the two.

Here's a few 5 shot groups with the 175gr IMI match @ 100yds.

All 32rds of IMI 175gr I shot.

Nice shooting. My Atlas had the rubber feet included. I want to try out the spikes, you got them direct from Atlas? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    If it's truly an issue, let LMT have a chance to resolve it first, then report back.
    On another note LMT .308 users, please lube both ejectors per Lutz's directions, then recheck ejection. That topic came up again to me recently, and comes up too often. This is a user maintenance issue, not a platform issue.
    My search came up blank on this, got a link?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Nice shooting. My Atlas had the rubber feet included. I want to try out the spikes, you got them direct from Atlas? Thanks.

No, I didn't get them from Atlas. Actually the spiked feet I swapped out were the ones that came included with the Knight's Armament bipod. The feet accessories are interchangeable between the two bipods. Currently I don't think KAC sells the feet individually but, Atlas does offer a couple different spiked and cleated accessory options that should be just as effective.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Here's my setup so far. The pic is horrible by the way. I just recently switched scopes from a Leupold Mk4 3.5-14x40 to the Nightforce NXS you see on it now. I haven't really had time to make much of a comparison between the 2 scopes except for the obvious and that is the size difference. The NF is much more compact and I love that. I hunt with this weapon and sighted it in the NF using Nosler 165gr Accubond ammunition. I was able to buy 1K rounds of it before Silver State Armory completed the transition to becoming Nosler. Got it pretty cheap. Yesterday I got the Atlas Bipod and added it. I'll hunt without the bipod but got it for range work. I've had this weapon for a little over 2 years now and absolutely love it. I can hit steel plates out to 500 yards all day long without much effort. Becomes a bit boring actually. Only thing I'm going to do next is switch out the stock. I think I'm about set on switching to the STR stock. As everyone has said multiple times the current one is horrible when using a rear bag to shoot with. Other than that I'm set. I would really like to become proficient at ranges farther than 500 yds but there isn't anyplace for me to shoot farther than that around me.

IMG_0901.jpg
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 12-02-16 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Here's my setup so far.
    Is that a 51T AAC Brakeout mounted sideways??

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Is that a 51T AAC Brakeout mounted sideways??
    Nope. It is the Brakeout 2 and according to AAC it does not need to be timed.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/BRA...tor_p_650.html

Page 197 of 311 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast