Page 200 of 311 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    8.75??? The apc is 9.1 with iron sights attached and an Lmt sopmod
    That's a good weight. The LMT is still regarded as "a pig" and I think that stigma will stick with it for a while. It's funny how other similar .308 ARs don't seem to have the same stigma attached to them. No free lunch with an MWS, but it certainly has the potential to be a LW contender given the right mods.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Oh that is awesome. That's my next optic.

Subjectively, it greatly increases the maneuverability of the rifle. Objectively, it drops the weight to about 8.75 pounds without sights and with a CTR stock. I think this is in APC territory, though the ACC is lighter. Also, the barrels are very accurate. Both slippers and I have had excellent results with our lightweight chrome lined barrels.
    I'm going to have to see that in the scale to believe it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    Curious as to how much lighter the lightweight barrels make the mws feel. Like run and gun light? I'm itching to get an acc or apc to shave some serious weight l, but am wondering if I'm better off with getting a lightweight stainless barrel instead...
    Nice rig you got there Em.

Did your last FDE MWS LM8 not include the 16" cl lw barrel? According to LMT's website, it should have came included with that model unless you or a previous owner opted to go with the std heavy 16" cl version instead.

http://www.lmtstore.com/complete-wea.../lm8mwslt.html

Does anyone know if the lw 16" ss and cl barrels are identical in weight?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR415 View Post
    Nice rig you got there Em.

Did your last FDE MWS LM8 not include the 16" cl lw barrel? According to LMT's website, it should have came included with that model unless you or a previous owner opted to go with the std heavy 16" cl version instead.

http://www.lmtstore.com/complete-wea.../lm8mwslt.html

Does anyone know if the lw 16" ss and cl barrels are identical in weight?
    It had he standard cl barrel. He bought before the lw versions were released

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Just a general comment for those running 16" MWS rifles.. I see very few weapon mounted lights on these rifles. On picture threads, in person, etc. Generally across the board. I get it for the ones strictly running higher mag scopes. But for a defensive 308 gas gun, running a RDS, LPV, or irons, why so many without a weapon mounted light? Every defensive long rifle I own, it gets a light. Period. Am I just missing something? For precision rigs/bolt guns, I get it. But on the LMT, KAC, variants with 16" barrels, why not more weapon lights?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Just a general comment for those running 16" MWS rifles.. I see very few weapon mounted lights on these rifles. On picture threads, in person, etc. Generally across the board. I get it for the ones strictly running higher mag scopes. But for a defensive 308 gas gun, running a RDS, LPV, or irons, why so many without a weapon mounted light? Every defensive long rifle I own, it gets a light. Period. Am I just missing something? For precision rigs/bolt guns, I get it. But on the LMT, KAC, variants with 16" barrels, why not more weapon lights?
    I put lights on just about every gun I own too. I threw a light on my MWS for a time then pulled it back off. I had a nice 500 lumen Inforce that I liked a lot. It just was getting banged up in the safe. I have a population problem. My bedside AR's keep their lights regardless. Even though its a battle rifle, I think most people consider them precision rigs for work 100 to 600 kinda thing. However, Im going to agree, a light is a good thang. And I put KAC off sets for the very same logical argument you are making.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-24-16 at 11:27.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Most people running 16" 308 gas guns use them for fun and not a bump in the night. They have other guns for that

Feedback Score
    Because it's a heavy Mo-Fo. I've never really thought of grabbing it as a home defense gun although perhaps it would be a better solution. A 16" 308 with a Surefire brake. It's like having a built in flash bang. Should the rifle fail to function I have a +39" 16 pound club to beat someone with.

I've thought about adding a light to it but for its intended purpose it does not make much sense to me. It's more of the right tool for the right job. I have several other rifles and handguns I would much rather use if I'm going to chase someone around my house or property.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Because I'm waiting for Arisaka to make a pic rail mount....Slippers I hope you're reading this.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't use my MWS as a bump in the night gun. It's my semi long range/hunting gun. As is it fits its role fine. All of my non hunting AR's all have lights.

Page 200 of 311 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast