Page 203 of 311 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    After months of swapping parts and trying out different optics, components and things, I've pretty much settled into this final configuration. At one point I was going to ditch the whole DMR idea altogether, but I think the gun shines in this role above all others. At least for me. I was able to mitigate the gas issue by installing an adjustable gas key that E-man930 sent me a while back. Totally forgot that I had it in my parts bin until he reminded me as we were discussing some of the issues I was experiencing with blown primers. Right now it's tuned to run M118LR optimally, and I might need to make slight adjustments when running .308 match loads. Still interested in having some custom barrel work done for a 6.5 CM option, but that's a project I'll pursue maybe later on in the year. All in all, nothing you haven't really seen before. Just some fresh pics of how she's now set-up. Newly installed components include:

Geissele DMR FCG
    Magpul Receiver Extension
    Accuracy 1st ACL (yes, the Spuhr SP-4601 has a built-in level, but I prefer the 'heads-up' this offers)
    KAC 45 degree offsets
    KAC ambi CH
    KAC QD endplate
    KAC trigger guard
    KAC bipod

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-04-17 at 19:11.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    After months of swapping parts and trying out different optics, components and things, I've pretty much settled into this final configuration. At one point I was going to ditch the whole DMR idea altogether, but I think the gun shines in this role above all others. At least for me. I was able to mitigate the gas issue by installing an adjustable gas key that E-man930 sent me a while back. Totally forgot that I had it in my parts bin until he reminded me as we were discussing some of the issues I was experiencing with blown primers. Right now it's tuned to run M118LR optimally, and I might need to make slight adjustments when running .308 match loads. Still interested in having some custom barrel work done for a 6.5 CM option, but that's a project I'll pursue maybe later on in the year. All in all, nothing you haven't really seen before. Just some fresh pics of how she's now set-up. Newly installed components include:

Geissele DMR FCG
    Magpul Receiver Extension
    Accuracy 1st ACL (yes, the Spuhr SP-4601 has a built-in level, but I prefer the 'heads-up' this offers)
    KAC 45 degree offsets
    KAC ambi CH
    KAC QD endplate
    KAC trigger guard
    KAC bipod

Thanks, guys.

Looking great man. How are you liking that bipod? Have an atlas and debating on the KAC. Any experience with both? I can second your comment on the level on the top. For me, it's much harder to focus down on the rail level to see the bubble.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ed, looks nice. PM sent.

Feedback Score
    Nice bubble. I love my accuracy first bubble too!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Looking great man. How are you liking that bipod? Have an atlas and debating on the KAC. Any experience with both? I can second your comment on the level on the top. For me, it's much harder to focus down on the rail level to see the bubble.
    I gave several bipods a fair shake before settling on the KAC. I've been running a Harris for years, but really wanted to see for myself what the others offered in terms of functionality and if I would prefer them over the Harris. The XDS-2C was a very well built and rugged bipod that offered great features. My only hang-up about it was that it really weighed down the front of the rifle and the deployment method left a little to be desired. Other than that I really liked it, just not the additional bulk/weight on an already front heavy gun. I really liked the Atlas for it's low profile, being relatively lightweight and the ease of deployment, but to me it just doesn't feel as strong or durable as the XDS-2C or the Harris for that matter. I don't know. To me it just felt like I could easily break it, even though it could very well prove to be very durable under hard use. The KAC bipod appears to take what's really good about about all of them to create something that reaches near perfection. Although I will say that it is not without it's flaws. Some have complained that it has fitment issues with Cerekoted rails, while others didn't care for the loose tolerance and slight play when mounted on a MIL-STD-1913 rail (the other brands locked up very tight on the rails). I experienced the latter, but it wasn't bothersome to the point of being a total turn off. The pan and yaw levers function as they should and tension can be easily adjusted without the use of the drag adjustment knob, which I was informed KAC stopped producing for the bipod due to it being a somewhat redundant feature. While extending the legs is not quite as intuitive as the Atlas, it has a much better deployment mechanism than what's found on the XDS-2C. At the same time it felt nearly as robust and durable, and not quite as chintzy-feeling as the Atlas. Now I'm not saying the Atlas is a poor quality bipod by any means. I'm just giving my personal opinion relative to what other products I've used and have experience with. So if any of you love the Atlas please put down the pitchforks and understand that I still think it's a great product overall. Then of course there's the added bonus that the KAC bipod readily accepts Atlas bipod feet, which is nice considering that you probably wouldn't want to run those meat tenderizers all the time (don't set it on your wife's favorite coffee table... trust me). Another great thing about the KAC bipod is that it offers an additional notch for a not-quite 45 nor 90 degree forward angle, but resides somewhere in between. Additionally, the leg angle adjustment platform is flared outward more aggressively and is designed in such a way that allows the legs to have a much wider stance when deployed, thereby reducing the risk of the rifle taking a tumble to the left or right if you happen to forget to lock-up the tension on the tilt lever. The only other nitpick I have about it is that I wish the levers were just a little bit less protrusive and of course the overall price. But if we're talking about KAC then we all understand that you have to pay to play. Do I think it's worth the premium over a GG&G, Harris, Atlas or any other brand out there? I think so, but others might disagree and understandably so. None of the other bipods I compared it to are cheap pieces of junk by any means. If I had got my hands on the Bobro bipod I would've loved to have tried it too, but those seem to be hen's teeth these days. Hope this helps, brother.

majohnson, PM replied but I didn't see a message other than what was quoted in that one you sent.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-05-17 at 11:49. Reason: grammar police
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Totally diggin' it BobaFett!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    what is the XDS-2C bipod. I have run Atlas and Harris only. Ive liked the Atlas, however on my Heavy FN SPR 308, there seems to be an obnoxious amount of play in it when loading. I have messed with tightening the knobs and cant quite figure out why it bothers me on only this gun.

Now , i'm going to have to look into the KAC. I can just feel $$$ easing its way out of my wallet.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    what is the XDS-2C bipod. I have run Atlas and Harris only. Ive liked the Atlas, however on my Heavy FN SPR 308, there seems to be an obnoxious amount of play in it when loading. I have messed with tightening the knobs and cant quite figure out why it bothers me on only this gun.

Now , i'm going to have to look into the KAC. I can just feel $$$ easing its way out of my wallet.
    I would look a the Evolution Bipod! They are amazing! A lot of the long range community in Utah are changing over to them. Extremely light weight and will allow you to pan which is way nice!! You can attach multiple sized legs on there depending on the size you need as well as spikes.

Im not affiliated with this company or product, just putting a plug in.

https://www.modernthreatresponse.com...olution-bipods
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Like Boba Fett v2 I have a GG&G XDS-2 (mine's not the compact model though), a KAC bipod, and had an Atlas.

My main complaint about the Atlas is that it was difficult to use compared to the GG&G and KAC. For me, the Atlas felt very unergonomic and none of the controls were easy to manipulate or aligned with how I placed my hand on it. The ball tensioner screw at the bottom to adjust pan/tilt tension is cut way too sharp and always chewed up my fingers, and additionally didn't really seem to loosen up enough to really make a difference. Even though the KAC bipod has similar controls, they're much easier and more natural for me to operate. Totally worth the money over the Atlas.

I also really like my XDS-2. The QD on it is easy, and the controls are also very easy for me to manipulate. I like how you don't have to reach around the leg to adjust the extension but can simply grab the knob, loosen it and then adjust the extension while holding the knob. The weight of it doesn't bother me, but I just looked it up and realized that the XDS-2C is heavier than the regular XDS-2 by about 2oz. I do wish the legs on it were wider though as the rifle can tip over on it's side if canted all the way to one side.

You will have to monitor/inspect the KAC bipod for degradation over time (something I didn't have to do with the GG&G and Atlas). One of the screws holding the leg to the gear/angle adjust loosened up over time and almost fell out. I put loctite on it when I discovered it. Mine also lost a pin for locking the panning function (so I couldn't lock it anymore), and required me to send it back to KAC for repair.
    Last edited by Plasman; 01-06-17 at 17:37.

Page 203 of 311 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast