Page 212 of 311 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Do you have a pic of your cerakote job? I am thinking of getting it done myself......or saving money and rattle can/airbrush myself. Thanks.
    Ill post some up in a few days. I am picking it up from Cerakote tomorrow and then I will have to reassemble it. Barrels are still off getting work done, but you will have an idea at least without it.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Here is my LM8MWSH. I have not had time to take it to the range, but hope to soon after it stops raining here. I just received the Bulldog tactical bag yesterday and I am very pleased with the design and construction.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The LM8MWS in FDE is still listed on the LMT site:

http://www.lmtstore.com/complete-wea.../lm8mwslt.html
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Yes it's still listed. I called lawmans two weeks ago and they got a lead time from LMT of 6 months minimum on the FDE. With no gaurentee. I bought a Black Slick side mws for 2700 and paid 220 for cerakote. I was quoted 3500 for the factory FDE. So for me the 500 difference and immediate availability was worth doing the FDE elsewhere.
    I wouldn't mind waiting 6 months, but $3500 vs $2700 is a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    Lowering price on the second hand market maybe, but they raised their prices on everything from lmt directly. An lmt lm8 upper is about $1900 now
    I did hear about LMT raising prices, but honestly I've only been watching the MWS prices lately. With that said, I was on a back-in-stock notification list with an online retailer for LM8MWS. I've gotten the notification a couple times already, and the price was $2641.42. Compared to what they were when I was looking pre-election, that's not a bad price IMO. Then again I haven't been following the prices for too long.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Thanks.

I wouldn't mind waiting 6 months, but $3500 vs $2700 is a little too much.

I did hear about LMT raising prices, but honestly I've only been watching the MWS prices lately. With that said, I was on a back-in-stock notification list with an online retailer for LM8MWS. I've gotten the notification a couple times already, and the price was $2641.42. Compared to what they were when I was looking pre-election, that's not a bad price IMO. Then again I haven't been following the prices for too long.
    The $2680 was my total after shipping and transfer. The 3500 was not including shipping or transfer. So probably closer 3550 in comparison. Almost 900 bucks. Yes that is a good price and about back to what they were long ago. RSR group has a bunch right now. Lanbos is one example of a good price. So after you brake it all down and spend upwards of 300 for the cerakote. Your about 5-600 less with no real lead time. You won't have the Tan SOPMOD stock though. Maybe a deal breaker for some.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The LM8MWS in FDE is still listed on the LMT site:

http://www.lmtstore.com/complete-wea.../lm8mwslt.html
    Yes it's still listed. I called lawmans two weeks ago and they got a lead time from LMT of 6 months minimum on the FDE. With no gaurentee. I bought a Black Slick side mws for 2700 and paid 220 for cerakote. I was quoted 3500 for the factory FDE. So for me the 500 difference and immediate availability was worth doing the FDE elsewhere.
    The SOPMOD will be replaced, so color of that doesn't matter. My biggest worry about cerakote is having someone mess it up (the rifle's reliability after changing tolerances).

In the end the color really isn't that big of a deal. I can just spray it after all.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    The SOPMOD will be replaced, so color of that doesn't matter. My biggest worry about cerakote is having someone mess it up (the rifle's reliability after changing tolerances).

In the end the color really isn't that big of a deal. I can just spray it after all.
    Almost all manufacturers use cerakote. As that's what LMT is doing to get it to FDE. So no different. Plus its applied so thin I think making something out of spec is a total non issue. When applied, Cerakote is anywhere from .0005 - .001 So it will make no functional difference the MWS. I can't even think of a firearm that it would hinder function it's so thin. Maybe, the trigger pins would be slightly tight. But I've personally Never seen a cerakoted receiver set not come back together from being out of spec.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-18-17 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Almost all manufacturers use cerakote. As that's what LMT is doing to get it to FDE. So no different. Plus its applied so thin I think making something out of spec is a total non issue. When applied, Cerakote is anywhere from .0005 - .001 So it will make no functional difference the MWS. I can't even think of a firearm that it would hinder function it's so thin. Maybe, the trigger pins would be slightly tight. But I've personally Never seen a cerakoted receiver set not come back together from being out of spec.

I was very concerned with pin holes and such when I had my receivers CeraKoted. Didn't run into any problems.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I didn't know that, thanks.

I've never had anything cerakoted, so I have no experience with things coming back out of spec. I thought I remember reading about a member here that had his MWS cerakoted, and was experiencing problems after getting the rifle back.

Now I don't remember if the issue was traced back to the cerakoting, or if it was something else that went wrong. I'll try to look back to see if I can find the posts. They may have even been in this thread.

Anyway that was the one instance I've heard mention of cerakote possibly causing issues. There was a guy locally that ran into problems with a cerakoted Glock, but I won't even get into that as he went to some local "bubba" to get it done.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Before, after, and almost assembled minus front sight and barrel. Magpul FDE.

Attachment 45143
    Attachment 45144
    Attachment 45145

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Looking excellent Jake. Very nice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 212 of 311 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast