Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    The MLOC's Mws uppers are availible
    Where at?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just checked their website & didn't see them, either. Jw beat me to it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lmt, just give them a call

Feedback Score
    Deleted post.
    Last edited by duece71; 02-03-18 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do any of you guys that went from an SR25 to a LMT have regrets or advice for a guy looking to jump into the LM8MWS?

I only need one 308 so I’m debating the two, really like both...
    Last edited by trauma; 02-04-18 at 04:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The SR25 is going to be the more refined, purpose built weapon. if you want a smooth shooting, well balanced 308 AR then in is going be really hard to be the ECC/K1, with that being said, it is what it, more specifically its a 16 inch 308.

the MWS on the other hand really is a modular weapon system. In basic form 16 inch, 308 form, its going to run a little bit harder, its going be a little bit heavier but it will do the same things that the Knights will do, and at the same time, i can get a 13.5 lightwieght 308 barrel for blasting and a 6.5 barrel for better long range performance .

knights is starting to put uppers but at 3500 an upper, its not really practical for most people

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    Do any of you guys that went from an SR25 to a LMT have regrets or advice for a guy looking to jump into the LM8MWS?

The ACC is really hard to beat. Even with the KAC and LMT side by side, (LMT was a 13.5 dimpled barrel by Pitts) the KAC felt much better in hand. The KAC feels lighter, balances better and overall a nicer fit and finish rifle. I have not had a chance to handle a LW barrel offering, but the 13.5 dimpled was prob close enough in weight comparison.

Not saying the LMT is bad by any stretch, but the Knights is a noticable upgrade IMO. I am however going to be purchasing a MWS mlok upper with LW barrel to give that a go for comparison sake. The previous one I had was the slick side. With ACCs that can be found for 4k new, I would have a hard time not snagging a KAC.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The LMT with LW barrel brings the mws close in weight to the ACC, takes the MWS from being a pig and turns it into a battle rifle. The LW barrel is, IMO a must-have for the mws. My mws did very well suppressed with a SF 762 SOCOM RC. The ACC also runs great suppressed with the SF. Some have reported issues when shooting the mws suppressed due to overgassing. I did not have these issues with mine. It now lives with a friend of a friend behind enemy lines in CA. And has been replaced by an ACC. I was planning on replacing it with another mws with LW barrel, then I stumbled on an ACC that I couldn’t pass up. So I decided to try out the ACC.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 02-04-18 at 22:13.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    The ACC is really hard to beat. Even with the KAC and LMT side by side, (LMT was a 13.5 dimpled barrel by Pitts) the KAC felt much better in hand. The KAC feels lighter, balances better and overall a nicer fit and finish rifle. I have not had a chance to handle a LW barrel offering, but the 13.5 dimpled was prob close enough in weight comparison.

Not saying the LMT is bad by any stretch, but the Knights is a noticeable upgrade IMO. I am however going to be purchasing a MWS mlok upper with LW barrel to give that a go for comparison sake. The previous one I had was the slick side. With ACCs that can be found for 4k new, I would have a hard time not snagging a KAC.
    While a slick side with dimpled barrel is noticeable better that standard configuration, the Mlok upper with lightweight barrel profoundly changes how the weapon handles, the MLOK chassis is about 6 OZ lighter than standard or 4 OZ light than a slick side. the light weight barrel i think is about 10 oz lighter. So when i went from a standard 16 and 18 barrel to a lightweight 13.5 for 308, it felt great. it took a good pound off the front end of the weapon, so even with a full length 30 cal can, its lighter than stock.

so at this point the only difference is recoil impulse and that can be something that can be tweeked with buffers, and a adjustable gas carrier. Does the ACC/K1 Feel better from the factory, absolutely, but I am willing to sacrifice that last
    bit of recoil impulse to be able to run a 13.5 with can, yep. I make that trade.

Then throw in the whole 6.5 vs 308 for long range and for me its hard to justify spending the extra money on a Knights, and this is coming from somebody who spent probably 5k on a SCAR H when i was home. Do i have more tied up into my MWS at this point, maybe? at least at current prices, but at this point its a better handling mid range gun and a far barrel long range with the 6.5 barrel

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post

I think it's safe to say there are plenty of people that think the Knights guns are worth every penny and plenty of people that think the LMT " does everything the Knights do". Neither are wrong it's their thoughts. I've owned two MWS guns and I can't wait to have an opinion myself ��.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 227 of 311 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast