Page 233 of 311 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    SCAR17 does everything well...good choice. Wish they would use SR25 mags from factory.
    I do agree with you on that. Fortunately my friend I bought it from gave me 5 mags with it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Good pick up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharb007 View Post
    I’ve got a few LMT’s in the safe but only one MWS. Here she is....

I recently picked up a scar 17 and I am now contemplating selling the MWS. I still like the MWS but the scar does everything I want it to and feels significantly lighter and more nimble than the MWS. I find myself not shooting the MWS anymore. I don’t know, maybe I’ll try out another barrel on it.

Anyway here’s the new scar....

Your rocking the ACOG on the SCAR, good choice and the big boy optic on the LMT, gotta keep both so you can reach out to 1K. We shot the LMT to 1,300 today and we shot ACOGs to 600 very well and 750, but that was a stretch.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Your rocking the ACOG on the SCAR, good choice and the big boy optic on the LMT, gotta keep both so you can reach out to 1K. We shot the LMT to 1,300 today and we shot ACOGs to 600 very well and 750, but that was a stretch.

PB
    I’m still on the fence about the acog. It came with the scar so I’m leaving it on there for now to try out. I have my fingers crossed that vortex will come out with a razor 1-8 model, weighing around 20-24 ounces. If that happens the acog will get sold off and the vortex will take its place.

The LMT is without a scope right now. I robbed the Schmidt off of it to put on my new bolt gun. I do have a Nightforce atacr 4-16 that I could put on it if I decide to keep it.

Truthfully I don’t shoot any of my 308’s long range much. For long range work I either use my comp rifle or my back up switch barrel rifle. Both are much better suited for shooting out to 1000+.

My comp rifle is an Accuracy International AT chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a Minox zp5 5-25x56 scope.

My new bolt gun is a switch barrel custom done by Red Beard Gun Works. Bighorn TL3 action with switch lug and Proof carbon fiber barrel chambered in 6.5PRC. Manners PRS1 carbon fiber stock with mini chassis and MPA barricade system. Tubbs t7t trigger. Schmidt and Bender 3-20x50 PMII Ultrashort.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    From what little I know about SCARS, is they are very ruff on optics and only a few will hold up to the recoil. It doesn't seem that bad to me, but optics dont like its impulse. So do a little research if you have not already. Best of luck, nice broomsticks you have too.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    From what little I know about SCARS, is they are very ruff on optics and only a few will hold up to the recoil. It doesn't seem that bad to me, but optics dont like its impulse. So do a little research if you have not already. Best of luck, nice broomsticks you have too.

PB
    Yeah I’ve heard the same thing about the scars.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

PB
    They’ll eventually crack the plastic hinge plate because of that same recoil.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    SCAR suppresses about 1000x easier than an LMT, however. That was my deciding factor between MWS and SCAR, since I rarely get the range to shoot at great distance where an LMT would shine.

Buy a quality optic worth of an FN and you typically wont have any issues (NF, Aimpoint, Trijicon, etc).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My Buddy bought a Elcan , I think it was a 1-4 with BDC type reticle. He dropped a 13.5 barrel , I believe it was and we shot it a long ways. He made hits to 1,000 yards shockingly. That is a bad little boy! I ran it CQB type as well and rattled my brain a bit, impressive none the less.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    How are they doing for you? I love my LMT MWS.
    We are very happy with the LMTs we have (the 762s above and also our 4 LMT SBRs) - just very solid guns all around. They aren't the lightest out there, but we are most focused on the long term durability of the firearms we use (it seems we have to add to/upgrade optics and suppressors almost every year, so we dont want to also add rifles to that list). We were running just 2 Larue 762s as demos, but thats hard to do when they are generally priced out of range for a department, have adjustable gas blocks and require/strongly suggested match ammo. We wanted a 762 platform that could run whatever 762 ammo a department had without problems, and we really loved the ability to swap calibers and barrels - although we havent expanded yet to 6.5. The only issues we have ever had with the LMTs over the past 14 months has been suppressing them - which seems like a common hurdle with the LMTs and I can understand why. Most LE departments dont like modding their firearms in any way - thats at least the impression we get, so we are limited in what will run on these rifles...there is no "free lunch" with suppressors and LMTs. On a side note, we will have LMTs new line up of their suppressors later this week and will be testing their 762 model on one of our MWS rifles, so I will post some pics when we take it out.

We dont get the chance to take these out very long range however like some here do - most of our evals are on department ranges and those generally extend out 200-300m max. Also, departments lately have just really been interested in different ways to solve a short term CQB issue with their 762s regardless of brand, and thats why we have pics of several laser or offset red dot combinations. Also the LPVs on the 13.5 routinely get swapped out -partly because I can't decide which ones we like the best. the Trijicon 1-8 is on there now, but it has worn the MK6 1-6, the Kahles 1-6, the Steiner 1-6, the Eotech Vudu 1-6...and now I'm waiting for the Steiner 1-8 to come out this fall and we will throw that on Im sure.
    with the LMT MWS offset back up optics, the Leupold Deltapoint pro gives you the most glass, but its brightness adjustment can be hard to manipulate if you have gloves on; the Aimpoint is a great choice, but a more expensive one; The MRO "feels" pretty big sitting on an offset because of its size; the RMR works really well and could be our favorite; and lately we've been trying out the Steiner mini red dot because its hard to spend $500 and up on a back up red dot.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Page 233 of 311 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283 ... LastLast