Page 235 of 311 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    I am betting it’s less of a difference that I would want....Are they putting out complete rifles with the MLOK? The price for just the chassis is kinda nuts....

T
    Complete MLOK rifles are listed on their website.

Anyone know the difference in weight with the lw barrel?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hlb14 View Post
    Has anyone been able to compare the weights of the quad rail chassis and the mlok chassis?
    I can tell you I could never tell the difference. Both are hogs, period. The only barrel I have owned that didn't shoot great was the LW barrel. It was 1.5 MOA ish. Might have been some other variables though. I suggest buy whichever gun you like, not based on weight

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yeah I couldnt really tell a difference between the regular quad and the slick side....why I went with the slick upper is because its my BR and it is a heck of lot more comfortable to hold.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Interesting video on the select-fire LM308MWSA. He notes the H3 buffer and mid-length gas on 18" barrel but the location appears to be just in front of the hand guard which I thought was rifle length.

While searching for parts to complete my MWS, I started to wonder why LMT uses a semi-auto bolt carrier for the MWS. Everything I’ve read about MWS gas system would indicate it should use the heavier full-auto carrier.

Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 09-02-18 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    That question should be answered by the guy who got the word directly from an LMT rep. Bottom line is he took the recommendation despite everyone saying/believing it wasn't possible, pressed off the old GB, installed an adjustable and it works for him. He hangs out on the KAC Owner's Group and LMT Owners Group Facebook pages.

Finally took ol' girl out today. Obviously pulled a few of these shots, but honestly I'm just happy to finally get her tuned perfectly to feed 147gr 7.62, M118LR and 175gr .308 reliably. All non-suppressed, but I likely won't be running the Saker on this rig ever again. Just haven't had any luck finding a sweet spot and I'm tired of wasting time and ammo dicking with it. I'm considering the new KAC long can to see if it does a better job at mitigating back pressure when shooting suppressed. MWS 16" CL Barrel shooting M118LR @ 100 yds off the bipod (this is the same modified CL barrel that was ball milled and cut down by Pitts from 20" to retain the rifle length gas system)
    Update: I got the MWS tuned to run a variety of loads suppressed (Saker 762) without issue. Just required some patience and fine tuning of the Sun Devil ADIGS. Grouping nicely and feeding reliably. Charlie Mike

ETA: Bid farewell to the S&B and replaced it with the Mark 5HD 3.6-18x CCH. Liking this optic very much.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 09-09-18 at 06:44.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I have had good results with the Rubber City Armory ADIGK when shooting suppressed. I will slather on some 10w-30 on the BCG as well.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I have had good results with the Rubber City Armory ADIGK when shooting suppressed. I will slather on some 10w-30 on the BCG as well.
    Are you running just the ADIGK, or the 7.62 bolt carrier they make as well?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Are you running just the ADIGK, or the 7.62 bolt carrier they make as well?
    Just the ADIGK, I had a gunsmith install it and then I adjusted it myself. That of course means I can’t use it for unsupressed shooting as I would have to go through the adjustment process again. I bought a complete LMT MWS BCG as a spare and for use when shooting unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have about 1,000 rounds through my MWS and it's easily the favorite rifle in my arsenal. (which includes an AI and about 7 other LMT's) Way too much fun to shoot. In all honestly I've never sat down and done a true accuracy test with match ammo. And I've yet to this day. Most of this rifle's shooting has been shitty 147/150/175gr stuff at man sized targets out to 600-800yds--which it excels at!

I got my hands on some grafs 175gr SMK 2nds. Turns out the OAL on these bullets varies greatly. Shot the hell out of em training as described above. I set up my die for FGMM length (can't remember it off hand) and started shooting with 44gr varget. At the end of the batch I some loads that would either bind going into a PMAG or simply wouldn't fit. Here are the results:

Top row: 175's that would bind in the mag but still functioned flawlessly

Bottom left: 175's that were so out of spec they would not fit in the mag. Had to hand feed them. (those 6 rounds have me very intrigued)

Bottom middle: My 178gr ELD-X hunting load. Looks like bambi will be in trouble once again this year.

These were all shot with a 16" chrome lined BBL. Nightforce F1 Md2.0. Surefire M300.

Is it overgassed? -- Maybe a little?

Am I going to change anything? -- **** no.

Am I excited to see what this can do with legit 175 SMK's? -- **** yes.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^Looks GTG. About the same accuracy I was getting with FGMM 175gr factory ammo. I want to start reloading soon, need dies.....

Page 235 of 311 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast