Page 238 of 311 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Josh,

You’re right. No more SCAR hate today, but IIRC didn’t Surefire make that one SOCOM suppressor with the MWS in mind for that British Army Sniper Rifle contract they got years back? Like it was sold as part of the package and had the SF flashhider pre-installed.

And FWIW, the rifles are literally sisters insofar that you can safely swap lowers with uppers. I may be misremembering but I believe KAC actually helped with the MWS. They are very much in the same ecosystem.
    Which is why I want an MWS lower as a put-away.

Interesting about the Saker. I have no point of reference on the OSS.

Going back to the “ecosystem”, I personally am at a point where I enjoy homogeneity and monogamy with my long rifles. I have some sentimental pieces that will stay in the pile but for a 308 semi auto AR; I cannot imagine anything but a KAC or LMT. They just work, are proven, and I think the spate of a lot of countries buying them lends credence to that.

However if anyone has a 13.5 MWS, I’d love to hear about it. I imagine it is like a 21st century SR-25K but I’m more interested in the groupings. IIRC the original “super shorty” SR-25K’s were said to get AK accuracy, hence why 16” was more or less settled science on the matter.

I know that they are out there but do not know anyone who has one.

But if they got at least 2.5 MOA....,,

Feedback Score
    Barrel length should have no effect on accuracy, as long as the bullet being used is stabilized. It does effect terminal performance and bullet drop(velocity) though.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My MWS is a 13.5" pinned to 16" (originally a 16" barrel that was cut, 11* target crown and timed with a FSC30)....it shots M80 ball right at 2MOA...believe it or not...the cheap Malaysian L2A2 shots a hair under 2MOA with my setup...I never shot match out of my MWS...so couldn't tell you what it does with match grade ammo.

It is by far my favorite rifle setup...it balances well...has the same footprint as an AR15.

Got rid of my AKs....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Josh,

You’re right. No more SCAR hate today, but IIRC didn’t Surefire make that one SOCOM suppressor with the MWS in mind for that British Army Sniper Rifle contract they got years back? Like it was sold as part of the package and had the SF flashhider pre-installed.

And FWIW, the rifles are literally sisters insofar that you can safely swap lowers with uppers. I may be misremembering but I believe KAC actually helped with the MWS. They are very much in the same ecosystem.
    Which is why I want an MWS lower as a put-away.

Interesting about the Saker. I have no point of reference on the OSS.

Going back to the “ecosystem”, I personally am at a point where I enjoy homogeneity and monogamy with my long rifles. I have some sentimental pieces that will stay in the pile but for a 308 semi auto AR; I cannot imagine anything but a KAC or LMT. They just work, are proven, and I think the spate of a lot of countries buying them lends credence to that.

However if anyone has a 13.5 MWS, I’d love to hear about it. I imagine it is like a 21st century SR-25K but I’m more interested in the groupings. IIRC the original “super shorty” SR-25K’s were said to get AK accuracy, hence why 16” was more or less settled science on the matter.

I know that they are out there but do not know anyone who has one.

But if they got at least 2.5 MOA....,,
    Saker is SiCo....no OSS shooters in our group.

My MWS was flawless with my 762 SOCOM RC. I had zero issues and really enjoyed the rifle. A friend of a friend was behind enemy lines in CA and I let it go to him before their most recent ban. I intended to get another, when a deal on one of the rare chrome-lined KAC APC came across my path and I couldn’t pass it up.

The MWS is a fantastic rifle - truly battle proven with UKMOD. I do miss mine, but it went to a good cause.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Ive got a couple 13.5"s now and I really like them - only slightly shorter than our 16" MWS but they both feel much better in hand than that 16" rifle. admittedly that difference between the 13.5" and 16" probably has as much to do with the optic choices, and our reluctance to load it up with rails etc, as it does with the extra barrel length. we run LPVs on both the 13.5s, and currently have an Eotech VUDU 1-6 and a Trijicon 1-8 on them. I know that there are higher $$$ LPVs around that would match up well with these shorties, but we try to keep the cost point down to where an LE department can reasonably think about buying them. I have a Leupold MK6 3-18 on the 16" MWS and thats probably my favorite combination.

Im no long range shooter like a lot of folks on this forum are, but I can hold 2-2.5 MOA at 300yds with M80 in these 13.5s on a bipod (tighter groups for certain at 100 and 200yds). Thats as far as Ive shot them, and I think my own skill level would limit me at longer range more than the gun would.

I'll only shoot the LMT suppressor (16" MWS only) or the OSS on these MWS rifles - but we've tried the Gemtech ONE, Omega, Chimera, Sandman Ti, Sandman Short, Sandman K, Surefire RC, and others. I also like the Surefire, but the OSS is our favorite on the LMTs by far. (we dont add any adjustable gas blocks, and thats a big reason we like the OSS and/or LMT suppressors. I know others have had good luck suppressing the MWS with other brands, but there's s stark difference if you dont adjust the gas).

For what we do and the average distance we are focused on, the 13.5" suppressed is hard to beat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like my 13.5, its only a half lb heavier than my scar so if i want to strip it down and use it as a carbine/plinker it does well. Its accuracy is good, with a trijicon 1-8 I have been able to keep groups around an inch. Its accuracy is more a function of a the LPV's thick recticle and limited magnification compared to a traditional scope. If I mounted my Mk6 on it, i have no reason to believe it would not group as well as my railed 6.5 chassis.

Surpresses well with a Dead air sand man K and an extra heavy buffer, very smooth.

Very fun rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    I really like my 13.5, its only a half lb heavier than my scar so if i want to strip it down and use it as a carbine/plinker it does well. Its accuracy is good, with a trijicon 1-8 I have been able to keep groups around an inch. Its accuracy is more a function of a the LPV's thick recticle and limited magnification compared to a traditional scope. If I mounted my Mk6 on it, i have no reason to believe it would not group as well as my railed 6.5 chassis.

Surpresses well with a Dead air sand man K and an extra heavy buffer, very smooth.

Very fun rifle.

Are you running the light weight 13.5 barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lightweight

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Does anyone know the weight difference between a standard weight 16” barrel, light weight 13.5 and a chopped and dimpled 13.7?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the difference between the 16cl standard and the 13.5 lw was out 12oz.

Its noticeable.

Page 238 of 311 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast