Page 242 of 311 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Anybody else see this new option....

This is the part that really has me jazzed up at the prospect of buying as a stand alone barrel:

This particular model features a 13.5″ light weight barrel with pinned 3-prong flash hider, ultimately reaching 16″. No tax stamp required!

Getting a 13.5" LW barrel pinned direct from LMT would be fantastic!
    Ok that’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm strongly considering selling my beloved old school MWS for the LMT MWS Battle rifle above if I can get them to use the MLOK chassis instead of the railed one. After Sabre675's new build, I realized that's really the perfect .308 AR for me. I can't get his awesome custom barrel, but the LW pinned aspect is the main thing for me paying on food stamps and all

At this point the only thing I wouldn't change on my current MWS is the BCG, optic, and irons. As a lefty, I want the new MARS-H badly. I think I would shoot the Battle Rifle config. a lot more than my current setup as well. These days, unless I got 600yds+ it just stays home sadly.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-15-19 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm strongly considering selling my beloved old school MWS for the LMT MWS Battle rifle above if I can get them to use the MLOK chassis instead of the railed one. After Sabre675's new build, I realized that's really the perfect .308 AR for me. I can't get his awesome custom barrel, but the LW pinned aspect is the main thing for me paying on food stamps and all

At this point the only thing I wouldn't change on my current MWS is the BCG, optic, and irons. As a lefty, I want the new MARS-H badly. I think I would shoot the Battle Rifle config. a lot more than my current setup as well. These days, unless I got 600yds+ it just stays home sadly.

the 13.5 Mloc is a very nice set up, between the various various holiday sales and military discount, I think I will have built a second, MWS for around 2 grand, There is nothing wrong with selling your original model and getting a new setup. but you can get some pretty good deals if you just keep an eye open for their sales

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Getting rid of the O.G. MWS is going to be tough. I thought about it off and on when the SLK's MWS came out and decided I couldn't do it. Thank god for the XMAS Sale re-ignigting my childish interest in MRP&MWS Platform so that I could pick up one more of each. But I can see the logical reason to let it go.

I like my custom barrel from Jedi Master Pitts, however I think it will offer nothing over the configuration that you are looking at other than a little bit of nostalgia that most end users don't recognize.

I think the MLOK MWS with factory LW Profile should smoke my set up as far as weight and balance. When I weighed mine it was with an empty magazine inserted. I was advised however that KAC and Larue weigh theirs sans magazine. So if the PMAG weighs 5.75 ounces that actually puts the MWS at 8.2 as seen in my previous photograph. I was told though that KAC weighs their rifles with BUIS attached. The information I have found on KAC BUIS is that they weigh somewhere around 3.1 Ounces total. So now we are looking at an 8.5 lb rifle. I know I 'm splitting hairs with all this trivial data, but I am just say that while the KAC is very light, under 8 lbs without irons, and with a 16" barrel, the MWS can be comperable as far as point of use.

After seeing this 13.5" MWS video https://youtu.be/WX1kNtalmFw , it truly re-affirms that you can have a 7.62 Jack of all/master of none platform that is capable of what the author quoted as the one club to play the whole coarse. Again it goes back to point of use and I fault no one for their preference in setup. The way I look at it is the 7.62 transonic distances favor an 800 yd and in point of use. There are plenty of videos of end users making regular hits on silhouette steel out too 1000-1200 yds. I just think if that is going to be your regular usage, the end user should look at something like a .260/ 6.5.

I personally think I will use my MLOK MWS for 600 yds and in. My O.G. I've realistically set it up for 800 yds and in. But I can see me dropping kit on my MLOK occasionally and just running a MICRO as if feels very handy compared to my green pig.

I can't wait to see the 13.5 Pinned MLOK and get some data. I wouldn't worry about ordering it as such. The last time I called was in reference to purchasing a pistoled MARS Lower. Even though it wasn't listed as available on the website, I was told to just have my FFL call and place an order. I'm sure they'll work with you.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-16-19 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had Marvin cut a 16” barrel down (~14”) to be good to go with a pinned ASR flashhider, and dimple it. I need to weigh it to see how it compares to a standard 16” barrel, but the weight reduction is noticeable.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Getting rid of the O.G. MWS is going to be tough. I thought about it off and on when the SLK's MWS came out and decided I couldn't do it. Thank god for the XMAS Sale re-ignigting my childish interest in MRP&MWS Platform so that I could pick up one more of each. But I can see the logical reason to let it go.

I like my custom barrel from Jedi Master Pitts, however I think it will offer nothing over the configuration that you are looking at other than a little bit of nostalgia that most end users don't recognize.

I think the MLOK MWS with factory LW Profile should smoke my set up as far as weight and balance. When I weighed mine it was with an empty magazine inserted. I was advised however that KAC and Larue weigh theirs sans magazine. So if the PMAG weighs 5.75 ounces that actually puts the MWS at 8.2 as seen in my previous photograph. I was told though that KAC weighs their rifles with BUIS attached. The information I have found on KAC BUIS is that they weigh somewhere around 3.1 Ounces total. So now we are looking at an 8.5 lb rifle. I know I 'm splitting hairs with all this trivial data, but I am just say that while the KAC is very light, under 8 lbs without irons, and with a 16" barrel, the MWS can be comperable as far as point of use.

After seeing this 13.5" MWS video https://youtu.be/WX1kNtalmFw , it truly re-affirms that you can have a 7.62 Jack of all/master of none platform that is capable of what the author quoted as the one club to play the whole coarse. Again it goes back to point of use and I fault no one for their preference in setup. The way I look at it is the 7.62 transonic distances favor an 800 yd and in point of use. There are plenty of videos of end users making regular hits on silhouette steel out too 1000-1200 yds. I just think if that is going to be your regular usage, the end user should look at something like a .260/ 6.5.

I personally think I will use my MLOK MWS for 600 yds and in. My O.G. I've realistically set it up for 800 yds and in. But I can see me dropping kit on my MLOK occasionally and just running a MICRO as if feels very handy compared to my green pig.

I can't wait to see the 13.5 Pinned MLOK and get some data. I wouldn't worry about ordering it as such. The last time I called was in reference to purchasing a pistoled MARS Lower. Even though it wasn't listed as available on the website, I was told to just have my FFL call and place an order. I'm sure they'll work with you.
    What a fantastic reply, and one rich with knowledge. I appreciate you taking the time to go into the minutia. That video is great. Your assement is spot on I believe as well in regards to the 13.5" truly being a jack of all trades, and has seemingly mastered one or two of them.

Obviously you've done a lot of LR shooting with the MWS in order to come to the same conclusion I did in terms of that magic distance where the MWS is boringly accurate with 95% hit rates on 2/3rd torso sized steel which is 800yds. At 800yds and in, I could use my full toolbox of loads like the 168gr. SMK that is easily the most accurate round out of MWSs barrels I've found. Once I started banging at 1K +, it was 175gr. SMKs and 178gr. AMAXs exclusively to buck that transonic flight region.

I'd love to keep my OG MWS, and just swap the 16" .308 barrel for the 6.5CM MWS barrel setup. Thing is then though, I'd still need a $1500 piece of glass like a NF F1 to put on top of it. Your right though, it would be crazy to get rid of a rifle that has never had a failure, and shoots a 10rd .68MOA 100yd group 168gr. SMK.

You can see the difference b/t 800yds and 1038yds in the videos below with my MWS. I liken to how easy, and fast a 911 gets to about 150mph....and then how hard it is, or nerve rattling it is squeezing out that last 20-25MPH for high speed.

800yd:

Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-16-19 at 17:18. Reason: grammer

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1038yd:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I had Marvin cut a 16” barrel down (~14”) to be good to go with a pinned ASR flashhider, and dimple it. I need to weigh it to see how it compares to a standard 16” barrel, but the weight reduction is noticeable.
    All you lucky guys with your custom barrels done by Marvin the Marvelous makes me jelly as hell

I just saw your EE ad looking for a MWS BCG. I was just trying to find a LMT E Carrier as they had shown out of stock for a few weeks. I emailed them, and they said they'd have more in at the end of March. I told another friend this who wanted one as well, and he decided to just call them up and see about it anyway.

Somehow he said the right words, and they put up a few E Carriers(F/A) for him, and myself to buy last week.

My suggestion to you would be call LMT directly on the phone, and ask if they can put a single F/A MWS BCG in the webstore for you to buy. Then use the IG15 code to get a good deal on it. It's worth a shot for sure.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Great post(s)
    Agree with all the above. Let us know how much you enjoy your 6.5. I bit that bullet and we have really enjoyed shooting it. S&B and Am Gunner sell cheap very accurate sub moa slinging steel Ammo.

I’ve never felt the urge to go 13.5 because it just seems too overpowered in CQB when I ran it. I guess my tender soal isn’t tuff enough.

What is O. G. By the way. I’m too old and not hip

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    All you lucky guys with your custom barrels done by Marvin the Marvelous makes me jelly as hell

I just saw your EE ad looking for a MWS BCG. I was just trying to find a LMT E Carrier as they had shown out of stock for a few weeks. I emailed them, and they said they'd have more in at the end of March. I told another friend this who wanted one as well, and he decided to just call them up and see about it anyway.

Somehow he said the right words, and they put up a few E Carriers(F/A) for him, and myself to buy last week.

My suggestion to you would be call LMT directly on the phone, and ask if they can put a single F/A MWS BCG in the webstore for you to buy. Then use the IG15 code to get a good deal on it. It's worth a shot for sure.
    I bought a spare MWS BCG off primary arms on sale last holiday. Good luck

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 242 of 311 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast