Page 244 of 311 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    ^^^^^^Thank you for that data. Still a quite impressive showing for a 7.62 gasser. Does anyone have any data on what the Britts were using in their contract marksmanship package? If my memory is correct they were issued M80 Ball Ammo....I can't imagine that would be much better then 1.5 MOA.
    Happy to help. RE: British MoD L129A1 ammo selection.....

"the British requirement was for the Sharpshooter rifle to fire standard 7.62 x 51 L2A2 ball ammunition produced in the UK at Royal Ordnance Factory Radway Green (RG). According to Greg Felton from LEI:

“The ammunition criteria stated by the MOD was that the rifle was to be able to use both RG 155-grain sniper ammunition, plus M80 ball and tracer, including de-linked machine gun belts. In the end during their trials with the various competitors, they found that the 155-grain fired so much better than the standard ball that it was made the official issue ammunition for the weapon. As to what it is “matched to,” [Karl & I] designed the rifle to use both standard ball and 168-grain Match. With a 1:11.25 inch twist it works well with these weights, however, the heavier 175-grain projectiles need a faster twist for best results at longer ranges.”

http://http://armamentresearch.com/b...shooter-rifle/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I love learning new little technical features to LMT's monolithic concept...this is a great example of one I just learned:

" The weapon’s case deflector has been through three iterations. With the billet receiver guns, a lat-topped ‘bump’ shape was machined and added. This was then adjusted to a forged design, before a customer requirement in advance of the 2012 Olympics was met by modifying the design so that it deflects ejected cartridge cases out at the two o’clock position instead of a typical three o’clock position as is standard on the LM308MWS. According to one industry source, this was so that the L129A1 could be better used from helicopter platforms, such as was seen during the 2012 London Olympics."

http://armamentresearch.com/british-...shooter-rifle/

Feedback Score
    Curious if anyone has had any steel cased ammo through their MWS (.308)? Any problems? I haven’t fired any at all and am wondering if for plinking it would be worth a go.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have fired it with no issue. However the best plinking ammo is the German MEN 147 grain you can buy online cheap and its great ammo and great brass for reloading. It shoot 1.5 MOA out of my guns. 2 MOA at the worst.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have fired it with no issue. However the best plinking ammo is the German MEN 147 grain you can buy online cheap and its great ammo and great brass for reloading. It shoot 1.5 MOA out of my guns. 2 MOA at the worst.
    Excellent, thanks. I will try some of each. ��������

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just a FYI....called LMT just a minute ago inquiring about a order, and figured I'd ask about buying a standalone 13.5" LW w/ pinned LMT 3 prong F/H.

They said they are considering making that an option in the future, and stay tuned to their IG, youtube, and FB accounts for updates in regards to that, and other new exciting stuff.

They've always had awesome CS relations, but they a really receptive these days.

Feedback Score
    Question!!!!!
    Has anyone considered chopping a 16” CL barrel to 14.5 and putting a pinned and welded brake/FH so as to avoid NFA? Any concerns? I am a little apprehensive but willing to possibly try. I have the 16”CL barrel but could always pick up a spare and have it chopped. There is a discussion about a .308 rifle for “general” use over in another sub forum. The OP wants a .308 ish rifle for backwoods/mountain hunting/“through”hiking and I posed the above set up as an interesting possible option. Let me know your thoughts. I am thinking about trying it so as to avoid buying a PTR-91.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Question!!!!!
    Has anyone considered chopping a 16” CL barrel to 14.5 and putting a pinned and welded brake/FH so as to avoid NFA? Any concerns? I am a little apprehensive but willing to possibly try. I have the 16”CL barrel but could always pick up a spare and have it chopped. There is a discussion about a .308 rifle for “general” use over in another sub forum. The OP wants a .308 ish rifle for backwoods/mountain hunting/“through”hiking and I posed the above set up as an interesting possible option. Let me know your thoughts. I am thinking about trying it so as to avoid buying a PTR-91.
    Thanks.
    Why not just sell the 16" CL barrel, and buy the 13.5" LW barrel, and have it pinned. That way you get the LW profile + 2.5" off the barrel.

For those with FB...check out this awesome video showing a MWS swapping from 6.5 to .308 and banging steel. Really shows off the platform imho.

https://www.facebook.com/LMTDefense/...7881162583841/

Feedback Score
    A much better idea....I already have an SF warcomp that would work great. I would have the best of both worlds.....18” SS for long range and the 13.5 LW P/W for short range BR. After that....it’s 6.5 CM time. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Why not just sell the 16" CL barrel, and buy the 13.5" LW barrel, and have it pinned. That way you get the LW profile + 2.5" off the barrel.

For those with FB...check out this awesome video showing a MWS swapping from 6.5 to .308 and banging steel. Really shows off the platform imho.

https://www.facebook.com/LMTDefense/...7881162583841/
    Boom Shaaaakkkkaaaa laka!!! Done, 13.5 LW5R is on its way.

Page 244 of 311 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast