Page 264 of 311 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Hey Sugar,
    Looking forward to hearing how this one Shoots man... Because IF it does infact shoot good, You've got yourself an All around Beauty, love it!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Put this one together from parts to get it how I wanted it

The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm looking at the MWS you posted and then read back what you said... So you don't run the 13.5" + 1-8 accupower setup anymore in lieu of switching between 2 individual more specialized optics for either 200 and in (red dot) or pushing out to 800 (3-18)?
    Well I am in the middle east at the moment, but before I left, I got a chance to mess around with the set up a bit and I just don't think that it works for me on the mws.

Recticle is too coarse for shooting groups, although I like the eye relief of the 1-8 I feel like when not shooting groups it's on 1 power so I feel for me the weight penalty for what I use the rifle for is not worth it.

I think that the 13.5 works best as a compact quasi precision gas gun, and I think that it can do battle rifle stuff as long as one is smart about it.

When I shoulder it with say a eotech xps , loaded mag and can, I feel "ok. Little heavy but this can work. With out the can, ohh, this is kind of nice.

With the 1-8, ugh.why does this remind me of my 300wm.

Now...

I just ordered a Kac combat carbine and given that the Kac is around a pound lighter than the mws, I may give one of the lighter LPVO's a try as a k1 I messed around with a few years back was pretty cool scoped.

That's just my thoughts for my uses, it's not a duty weapon so I can afford to run it a number of different ways.

If I was a Leo and it was a patrol weapon, **** yeah, run a 1-8 if needed, never know when you may need to center punch sombodies melon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    Hey Sugar,
    Looking forward to hearing how this one Shoots man... Because IF it does infact shoot good, You've got yourself an All around Beauty, love it!

Peace
    Thanks dude! I will try to get a trip out to the range but we just had a baby and she's been a handful these last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Well I am in the middle east at the moment, but before I left, I got a chance to mess around with the set up a bit and I just don't think that it works for me on the mws.

Recticle is too coarse for shooting groups, although I like the eye relief of the 1-8 I feel like when not shooting groups it's on 1 power so I feel for me the weight penalty for what I use the rifle for is not worth it.

I think that the 13.5 works best as a compact quasi precision gas gun, and I think that it can do battle rifle stuff as long as one is smart about it.

When I shoulder it with say a eotech xps , loaded mag and can, I feel "ok. Little heavy but this can work. With out the can, ohh, this is kind of nice.

With the 1-8, ugh.why does this remind me of my 300wm.

Now...

I just ordered a Kac combat carbine and given that the Kac is around a pound lighter than the mws, I may give one of the lighter LPVO's a try as a k1 I messed around with a few years back was pretty cool scoped.

That's just my thoughts for my uses, it's not a duty weapon so I can afford to run it a number of different ways.

If I was a Leo and it was a patrol weapon, **** yeah, run a 1-8 if needed, never know when you may need to center punch sombodies melon.

Well fair winds bro! I actually just came back for some time at home. I'll be out there loving my life here soon.

I'm actually interested at picking up the NF ATACR 1-8. I think it's reticle design would fit this gun and it's role a little better than the Accupower 1-8 (not to mention it's a couple ounces lighter... prob wouldn't notice).

I did consider putting a Mark 6 or 5 HD 3.6-18x but at that point it's going to end up being more of a precision shooter.

Because the short LW barrel is keeping a lot of the heft in-between the receiver extension and the barrel extension, I find the weight is definitely doable as a BR. You mentioned the KAC as a more viable host for a LPVO. I don't have a KAC (yet) but I do have a SCAR17 and it is light but once I drop the Accupower on it, to me, it's starting to feel like my MWS.

In summary, I just say screw it and put what I think functions well for the setup because my mindset IS running these as a "duty" system.

I'm looking at your last picture, what barrel is in the upper with the 3-18? That two MWS upper kit is kind of what I'm thinking at the moment for having a dedicated precision upper. 6.5 barrel and a Mark 5 HD 3.6-18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks dude! I will try to get a trip out to the range but we just had a baby and she's been a handful these last couple of weeks.

Well fair winds bro! I actually just came back for some time at home. I'll be out there loving my life here soon.

I'm actually interested at picking up the NF ATACR 1-8. I think it's reticle design would fit this gun and it's role a little better than the Accupower 1-8 (not to mention it's a couple ounces lighter... prob wouldn't notice).

I did consider putting a Mark 6 or 5 HD 3.6-18x but at that point it's going to end up being more of a precision shooter.

Because the short LW barrel is keeping a lot of the heft in-between the receiver extension and the barrel extension, I find the weight is definitely doable as a BR. You mentioned the KAC as a more viable host for a LPVO. I don't have a KAC (yet) but I do have a SCAR17 and it is light but once I drop the Accupower on it, to me, it's starting to feel like my MWS.

In summary, I just say screw it and put what I think functions well for the setup because my mindset IS running these as a "duty" system.

I'm looking at your last picture, what barrel is in the upper with the 3-18? That two MWS upper kit is kind of what I'm thinking at the moment for having a dedicated precision upper. 6.5 barrel and a Mark 5 HD 3.6-18.
    Congrats on the baby, I have two young ones back home, that I cant wait to see. They grow like weeds.

It's the 20inch 6.5cm. Really like how it was shooting before I had to head back out. Its will eventually turn into a complete rifle as all I need to make the happen is a lower.

Lmt is working on a 16 inch 6.5cm, as well as Kac has a 14.5 6.5cm that is very intriguing.

Yeah feel the same way about the scar. It's a good rifle, tried to like it but it's not my cup of tea. Seeing it to a buddy I work with and replacing it with a combat carbine. While a little lighter than my 13.5, I don't think it's worth the limited factory support, suppression issues as well the issues it can cause with electro optics.

At the end of the day, it really all comes down to what makes sense and works for the user.

Feedback Score
    great looking rifles

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Congrats on the baby, I have two young ones back home, that I cant wait to see. They grow like weeds.

It's the 20inch 6.5cm. Really like how it was shooting before I had to head back out. Its will eventually turn into a complete rifle as all I need to make the happen is a lower.

Lmt is working on a 16 inch 6.5cm, as well as Kac has a 14.5 6.5cm that is very intriguing.

Yeah feel the same way about the scar. It's a good rifle, tried to like it but it's not my cup of tea. Seeing it to a buddy I work with and replacing it with a combat carbine. While a little lighter than my 13.5, I don't think it's worth the limited factory support, suppression issues as well the issues it can cause with electro optics.

At the end of the day, it really all comes down to what makes sense and works for the user.

Thank you.

16" 6.5 coming from LMT confirmed? That would be exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking i'd buy the available 20" and have it cut to 16". Speaking of KAC CC, I've been eyeballing the 14.5" CC upper kit.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Thank you.

16" 6.5 coming from LMT confirmed? That would be exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking i'd buy the available 20" and have it cut to 16". Speaking of KAC CC, I've been eyeballing the 14.5" CC upper kit.

That would be great news! That’s what I’m looking for too. I have a MARS-H lower on the way and plan to piece it together to get exactly what I want. I was planning on trying to find someone to make me a custom 16” 6.5CM barrel with an adjustable gas block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I got that from LMT via facebook message when I heard KAC was working on a short 6.5cm and considering their relationship, I kind of figure they probably have something in the works, they said they were requested by a particular groups and they are testing them right now. no estimates on realeas, i would guess shot show

Yeah, i really like that 14.5 CC kit, I tried to see if i could of got that 14.5 kit on my rifle with that a pinned mams but unfortunately, that's not how Knights operates, So i will mess around with the 16 inch upper while i am in, get a feel for it, but will ultimately sell that upper for one of the 14.5's. I think i am kind of leaning towards the 6.5CM. Such a nice round. A ton of people are incredibly impressed with the recoil characteristics of the current generation of SR25's with Mams shooting typical 175 grain match ammo. Thinking about how that system would perform with a 140 grain bullet is pretty cool.

definitely not abandoning the 308 in any sense of the word, I will always keep a 308 barrel around for the mws for just ammo availability reasons, its not as efficient as 6.5cm but it just works when needed.

Feedback Score
    Are you guys buying completed rifles or piecing them together. Looking for a 16” mars with a mlok handguard and having an issue finding that in particular

Also, the green rifles are 🔥

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I did both. I bought a used one (with quad rail), then I wanted a second. I saved about $200 by building my own. The best things about building your own are:

1) get the exact parts you want, particularly the barrel. Most factory LMTs come with the 16” chrome .308 barrel. The ones that don’t are a lot of extra money.

2) less wait as parts are typically in stock at various sellers.

I got most of my parts from Sierra Arms on gunbroker. The rest came from Primary Arms.

Page 264 of 311 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast