Page 271 of 311 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPSHOOTER282 View Post
    I wish !! The sheep / tyrannical parliament thinks that no gas tube slows us down ! It doesn’t !!! (For all intents and purposes )
    True indeed. Mosins did clear out stalingrad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post

Welcome home! I see the KAC SR-25 14.5 CC came in! Very cool.

Would you mind throwing the MWS MLOK upper with 13.5 LW (no optic) and the KAC CC 14.5 (no optic) on the scale? I'd be really interested in seeing the weight difference between the two. As we've discussed in the past, the MWS chassis can be quite the pig (even with a short LW barrel). I've been eyeballing the KAC 14.5 SR-25 to possibly replace my 13.5 MWS as my BR type rifle and swap the 13.5 barrel out for a 6.5 barrel to be more of a precision setup.

What were your impressions with felt recoil between the two?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Welcome home! I see the KAC SR-25 14.5 CC came in! Very cool.

Would you mind throwing the MWS MLOK upper with 13.5 LW (no optic) and the KAC CC 14.5 (no optic) on the scale? I'd be really interested in seeing the weight difference between the two. As we've discussed in the past, the MWS chassis can be quite the pig (even with a short LW barrel). I've been eyeballing the KAC 14.5 SR-25 to possibly replace my 13.5 MWS as my BR type rifle and swap the 13.5 barrel out for a 6.5 barrel to be more of a precision setup.

What were your impressions with felt recoil between the two?
    Thanks. I will try to get a weight for you crazy week with the family and I head back out in a week.

So, to answer your questions. It's actually a 16 inch CC upper. Couldn't get the 14.5 configured from the factory and didnt want to drop money for a second upper before the 16 sold. With that being said. I may keep the 16 inch barrel. Does not really feel long or anything.

Shooting impressions...

The heavier 13.5 with dead air break recoils about the same as the the lighter sr25 with flash hider.

Both had about a 4 o'clock ejection pattern.

With the added weight of the can. The 13.5 is more plesant to shoot than the SR25.

I would wager a guess that if I throw a mams on the SR25 it's going to be pretty damn nice shooter.

I would not say that I was blown away by the KAC, but I am very happy the SR25. The fit and finish is great. The upper lower fit is nice and tight. It shot nice with some old reloads I had made for my mws. Its noticibly lighter. It's an awesome rifle and if it's something that's within the budget. I say go for it.

Still considering what optic suits it best. The 1-8 really changes its dynamics. I think I may go with a 3x ACOG for the CC and a 3-18 for the 13.5 and a 5 -25 for the 6.5cm

I don't think swapping the 13.5 for the CC upper would in anyway be a bad thing.

In regards to the 6.5cm. Damn that thing shoots.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Throwing around the idea of letting my contract overrun MWS go, and replacing it with something I won’t be afraid to beat up and get dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Throwing around the idea of letting my contract overrun MWS go, and replacing it with something I won’t be afraid to beat up and get dirty.

Why would you be afraid to beat up an mws. I've had mine out all night in sub zero temps. That's part what makes having a good rifle cool. It's made to work and not worry about.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks. I will try to get a weight for you crazy week with the family and I head back out in a week.

So, to answer your questions. It's actually a 16 inch CC upper. Couldn't get the 14.5 configured from the factory and didnt want to drop money for a second upper before the 16 sold. With that being said. I may keep the 16 inch barrel. Does not really feel long or anything.

Shooting impressions...

The heavier 13.5 with dead air break recoils about the same as the the lighter sr25 with flash hider.

Both had about a 4 o'clock ejection pattern.

With the added weight of the can. The 13.5 is more plesant to shoot than the SR25.

I would wager a guess that if I throw a mams on the SR25 it's going to be pretty damn nice shooter.

I would not say that I was blown away by the KAC, but I am very happy the SR25. The fit and finish is great. The upper lower fit is nice and tight. It shot nice with some old reloads I had made for my mws. Its noticibly lighter. It's an awesome rifle and if it's something that's within the budget. I say go for it.

Still considering what optic suits it best. The 1-8 really changes its dynamics. I think I may go with a 3x ACOG for the CC and a 3-18 for the 13.5 and a 5 -25 for the 6.5cm

I don't think swapping the 13.5 for the CC upper would in anyway be a bad thing.

In regards to the 6.5cm. Damn that thing shoots.
    With the 308's i'm going to have to see what the complete upper weights are for the MWS MLOK 13.5" LW v KAC SR25 14.5" CC. I'm thinking an NF NX8 might work best for which ever one fits the bill for a better BR setup. It's about the same weight as my Mark 6 1-6 but from what I've been told, it's more of a general purpose optic with a decent 1x and the ability to have 8x in a pinch.

It's tough because I'm a big fan of the 13.5" barrel of the MWS and I have two DA Sandman K's pending. From what you've said and shown, it seems to be a winning combo. I'm just not sure if I'm maxing out the potential of the MWS chassis which makes me wonder if it's worth the weight in a BR setup or if it would be better for me to have a 6.5 barrel live in it permanently on bipods.

I remember you mentioned 6.5 creedmoor options for LMT and KAC in the near future. I'm sure some new new will roll out at the end of January so I'm standing by on that that at the moment before I pull the trigger on either 16" or 14.5" 6.5 in more of a precision setup with a 3.6-18 or 5-25.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Why would you be afraid to beat up an mws. I've had mine out all night in sub zero temps. That's part what makes having a good rifle cool. It's made to work and not worry about.
    Because it’s a 4500 dollar rifle that’s 1 of 60, I want a regular MWS to beat up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    With the 308's i'm going to have to see what the complete upper weights are for the MWS MLOK 13.5" LW v KAC SR25 14.5" CC. I'm thinking an NF NX8 might work best for which ever one fits the bill for a better BR setup. It's about the same weight as my Mark 6 1-6 but from what I've been told, it's more of a general purpose optic with a decent 1x and the ability to have 8x in a pinch.

It's tough because I'm a big fan of the 13.5" barrel of the MWS and I have two DA Sandman K's pending. From what you've said and shown, it seems to be a winning combo. I'm just not sure if I'm maxing out the potential of the MWS chassis which makes me wonder if it's worth the weight in a BR setup or if it would be better for me to have a 6.5 barrel live in it permanently on bipods.

I remember you mentioned 6.5 creedmoor options for LMT and KAC in the near future. I'm sure some new new will roll out at the end of January so I'm standing by on that that at the moment before I pull the trigger on either 16" or 14.5" 6.5 in more of a precision setup with a 3.6-18 or 5-25.
    Here is what I would say. Even if the SR25 saves you a pound. Is that worth the 3000 to 4000 dollar premium over just running a 13.5 barrel in the mws.

Looking at it objectively, I don't think so. Be it high end optics or high end rifles there is definitely a point of diminishing returns with all this stuff

The kac may a better LW setup than the MWS, but it will never be a 6.5 and the reality is the Kac is alot of money that I think could be better allocated.

That 4k could fund a class or competition or a ton of match ammo. Optics maybe night vision, what ever. All would have a bigger impact than say a few OZ's.

So I really like my CC. Totally happy with the purchase.

The MWS does give up a touch in the weight department but is a far more capable system.

The scar could be a great system, but after a decade it's still a gen 1 weapon and FN has displayed no desire refine it. As a result, I am going to eventually sell it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Because it’s a 4500 dollar rifle that’s 1 of 60, I want a regular MWS to beat up.

Damn, people are paying that much for them now. That's crazy, and I'd certainly sell it for that price. Get a more functionally better MWS-H MLOK rifle + high end optic for the money.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Damn, people are paying that much for them now. That's crazy, and I'd certainly sell it for that price. Get a more functionally better MWS-H MLOK rifle + high end optic for the money.
    The plan is a mk5 3-18, and a pvs30

Page 271 of 311 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast