Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    Current Setup:

Old Setup minus optic w/16" Stainless Rifle Gas
    Outstanding MWS. 10/10.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    So with the season and buying some new kit, in hopes of getting closer to finishing last years MARS-L and MARS-H MLOK acquisitions, I've recently been pondering and perusing optics again. I am not a fan of the current LPVO movement, insofar as scopes, primary design/function red dot CQB with secondary PID, intermediate engagements. I get it, but not for me. For CQB primary use I prefer an aimpoint Micro.

I appreciate some of the optics this movement has produced as they fill my niche. I rather like the MK12 MOD 1 SPR concept of an optic being niche in the sense of a lightweight, small footprint, low (1-6 power) or moderate (+8 or 10), somewhat feature rich mil/mil (preferably .1 mil) optics, with handicaps due to their size. In other words optics leaning towards long moderate to long range work, with handicaps. For CQB tertiary measures I prefer 45 offset irons or red dot. I have the Leupold MK8 1-8 H27 D on my Picatinny MWS, that I love and will stay with the rifle. I believe I am still leaning Leupold MK6 1-6 mil/mil in a Scalarworks mount for my MARS-H, despite .2 mil adjustments, I'll probably order additional BDC ring dials for gross, quick adjustments.

For my MARS-L MLOK Recce SPR, I am curious for opinions from those that have had experiance with the NXS 2.5-10x24 Mil/Mil optic in comparison to the newer Nightforce NX8 1-8. They seem to have roughly the same footprint, but the NXS is extremely feature rich in comparison and seems to have the greater ability while being handicapped within its footprint. However the NXS is quite a bit more considering I can get the NX8 fairly cheap with a discount.

The only other optics that really interest me in this catagory currently are another MK8 H27D, but I don't want to spend another 4K, the 1-8 ATACR (same issue-ish). But additionally I'd like to stay in the 16-17 ounce range on the 5.56 variant.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    Yep, ATACR 1-8
    Very nice. Looks great and very appropriate optic for that rifle.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Sale is live on website. So the 18” rifle length 5R stainless is on sale for $449, down from $699...I can get the 16” Chrome lined for $390. Either one will get shipped for a 14.5” pin and weld + ball mill. I’ve seen quite a few state that the C/L performing as well as stainless. Any educated opinion on which one to swing?????

Feedback Score
    I went to the LMT website and I do not see a Christmas sale. Can you provide a direct link?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LewWallace View Post
    I went to the LMT website and I do not see a Christmas sale. Can you provide a direct link?

Go to parts..... then click sale.

Or search Christmas..... or sale
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Sale is live on website. So the 18” rifle length 5R stainless is on sale for $449, down from $699...I can get the 16” Chrome lined for $390. Either one will get shipped for a 14.5” pin and weld + ball mill. I’ve seen quite a few state that the C/L performing as well as stainless. Any educated opinion on which one to swing?????
    That's tough. If you plan on doing more of a Recce build and heating up the barrel, I'd go chrome lined.

I actually just bought a new 16" CL on Arfcom for 335 shipped. I'm going to chop it to 13.7-14" (the shortest I can get with the rifle length rail).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Thanks.

I’m going Recce’ish, with a emphasis on minute of man precision out to 5/6 hundred. So in that regard the C/L is probably more appropriate. The SS is a decent deal though...

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    That's tough. If you plan on doing more of a Recce build and heating up the barrel, I'd go chrome lined.

I actually just bought a new 16" CL on Arfcom for 335 shipped. I'm going to chop it to 13.7-14" (the shortest I can get with the rifle length rail).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My definition of Recce seems to be different then some here.

Recce to me means true light precision shooting. Bipod, long rail, match quality trigger, super accurate barrel, slow ROF.

Recce, and SPR builds should feature at the core a very accurate barrel, with most being a SS barrel.

That said, LMT's MRP CL barrels have always been 1.5MOA shooters or less for myself using 10rd/100yd groups. My old Mike Rock 5R SS MRP barrels are slightly sub MOA. There is quite a difference when comparing those older Rock barrels to CL MRP barrels. I haven't gotten a new LMT SS barrel though to compare.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Just a clarification, it appears the 5.56 18" 5R barrel is mid-length gas. I'd be all over it if it were rifle-length.

Page 277 of 311 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast