Page 284 of 311 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

18” LMT 5R SS SPR Barrel came in:-) Sadly she’s going back out the door to Marvin Pitts.... The tumultuous wait begins, again.... Last time was 4.5 months for my sons MR556.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post

18” LMT 5R SS SPR Barrel came in:-) Sadly she’s going back out the door to Marvin Pitts.... The tumultuous wait begins, again.... Last time was 4.5 months for my sons MR556.
    Nice. I'd like to put together another MWS with a dedicated 5R SS barrel residing in an all black MLOK chassis. Are you accuracy testing before you send it out the door?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I probably should if I get time. One, to make sure it shoots. Two, to have a comparison to see if screwing with a perfectly good match barrel to suite my need for novelty on a theme, was a bad idea. However I need to track some 77 grain SMK’s quick. Provided that is what it likes to eat.... I just wrote the letter for the work order this evening. It usually takes a bit for Marvin to reply.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I probably should if I get time. One, to make sure it shoots. Two, to have a comparison to see if screwing with a perfectly good match barrel to suite my need for novelty on a theme, was a bad idea. However I need to track some 77 grain SMK’s quick. Provided that is what it likes to eat.... I just wrote the letter for the work order this evening. It usually takes a bit for Marvin to reply.
    You should definitely shoot some groups with it.

Try a box of Hornady 55gr. VMAX for me if you can. If it's the real deal it should print those under MOA or right at it. Try a 69gr. SMK load as well. The 77gr. SMKs don't group nearly as well for me. They don't really start to shine in my experience until it reaches a few hundred yards.

Lots of nice hardware in your photo. I'm jelly

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Copy. Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can source both loads and produce some useable data.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    You should definitely shoot some groups with it.

Try a box of Hornady 55gr. VMAX for me if you can. If it's the real deal it should print those under MOA or right at it. Try a 69gr. SMK load as well. The 77gr. SMKs don't group nearly as well for me. They don't really start to shine in my experience until it reaches a few hundred yards.

Lots of nice hardware in your photo. I'm jelly

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Like the one I have pictured above?

If so that's odd. This one is super hard to even load into the magwell, but the real problem is it won't engage or seat the mag catch.
    Ill double check

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    The DMR stock is the more comfortable of the two, but I prefer the PRS to be perfectly honest. The PRS seems more refined in terms of having the ability to adjust the rear pad vertically, an angled bottom section that facilitates the ease of micro adjustments with a rear bean bag, appears to be a bit more robust and better built (no on-hand quantifiable data to support this), and having overall cleaner lines which lends itself to being a little more aesthetically appealing (subjective of course). Also, I just like the fact that once you're adjusted for the proper LOP you can just set it and forget it. Same can be said for the DMR, but most guys will probably collapse the stock when it's not employed and then extend it to achieve the desired LOP. The DMR does have the advantage of being more compact and I think it mates pretty well with the Law folder, so if that's important to you then the DMR is a better choice overall. As far as how flat it sits, for me it sits fine. While not exactly perfectly flat, it does fold out of the way rather well considering the flared cheek riser. And yes, both are preferable to the ACS and SOPMOD equipped with a SAPR.

I recently acquired a used T5xi for a very good price and decided to give it a try. I've been interested in this scope since its introduction, but never committed to buying one due to the tracking issues that plagued them when they were first released to the market. I love the design of the elevation turret (one of the biggest draws for me), the SCR reticle, locking diopter, grippy turrets and dials, included accessories (tenebraex covers, throw lever, lens shade) and the overall build quality. I would definitely trust this scope to survive the rigors of combat. However, it is bit long, a little on the heavier side, and it won't win any awards for being the absolute best with regards to optical quality, but it performs as well as most scopes in its class. But as we all know, we all measure or rate optics based on certain criteria we deem important for us and our uses, and weigh certain factors over others. All that said, my plan was to run it for a short time to assess its performance and ultimately decide if it's worth keeping. Perhaps not on this particular rifle because I still feel the short MK5HD is a better optic for this particular configuration and I plan to get another one (unless something is introduced at Shot that piques my interest), but perhaps for one of the three bolt guns builds I have planned for the future. The Platinum 6-30x was pretty nice, but it ended up going back before the return period expired.

I like the elevation turret on the Steiner as well. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on one due to the glass quality. I’d buy one if it was severely discounted though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    Ill double check
    Appreciate it brother!

Copy. Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can source both loads and produce some useable data.
    Yeah that would be awesome if you can get some good data before you ship it off to Marvin the magician.

Academy Sports stocks the 55gr. VMAX if you got one nearby.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-30-19 at 21:30.

Feedback Score

I have the same barrel.....in .308 and I would be interested in the weight savings that the dimple provides. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I have the same barrel.....in .308 and I would be interested in the weight savings that the dimple provides. Thanks.
    That’s gonna be tough to say overall beings it’s going to be chopped also. I can weigh it and get back with you in a few months. Both my 308 barrels are ball milled. I have a 14.5” CL and a 16” SS that would be more applicable to you. I’ll try and get some data in the near future and maybe you can weigh yours for comparison. I think people who have posted in the past put the savings at 6 oz, but I’m not completely sure.

Page 284 of 311 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast