Page 287 of 311 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Curious as to why you didn’t just get a 6.5 CM barrel for your MWS?
    It is much worse than that. I bought a spare 6.5 barrel to do quick change and try 6.5 on my MWS. I really liked it. Then noticed I had a spare BCG and spare PRS stock sitting around. My buddy said, I can get you a MARS lower and slick upper for around grand. Now I have two MWS guns. But this 6.5 gun would not be as handy as my Colt with 18 inch barrel and feels much lighter, dont know what actual numbers are on both, but I think about a 1lb lighter not considering my MWS has a NF scope and my Colt has a Burris 1-8 w/RDS

I bought the Colt CM 6.5 on a impulse buy for $1,400 to my door. I couldn't help myself. I run a 1-8 scope on it, for now.

So, the long answer to your question is, I did.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-03-20 at 09:35.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bought a 5.56 DMR stock on sale. Wasn't sure if I'd like the look on the longer MWS.

Honestly not too bad. I really love how quick the stock adjusts and slips off if needed. A whole lot nicer than the Magpul ACS/SAPR that I was using before.

Still on sale if anyone is interested.
    https://lmtdefense.com/parts/dmr556

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Bought a 5.56 DMR stock on sale. Wasn't sure if I'd like the look on the longer MWS.

Honestly not too bad. I really love how quick the stock adjusts and slips off if needed. A whole lot nicer than the Magpul ACS/SAPR that I was using before.

Still on sale if anyone is interested.
    https://lmtdefense.com/parts/dmr556

The sale only applies to the 556 version, is there a difference between the .308 and 556 versions? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It is much worse than that. I bought a spare 6.5 barrel to do quick change and try 6.5 on my MWS. I really liked it. Then noticed I had a spare BCG and spare PRS stock sitting around. My buddy said, I can get you a MARS lower and slick upper for around grand. Now I have two MWS guns. But this 6.5 gun would not be as handy as my Colt with 18 inch barrel and feels much lighter, dont know what actual numbers are on both, but I think about a 1lb lighter not considering my MWS has a NF scope and my Colt has a Burris 1-8 w/RDS

I bought the Colt CM 6.5 on a impulse buy for $1,400 to my door. I couldn't help myself. I run a 1-8 scope on it, for now.

So, the long answer to your question is, I did.

PB
    Lol, ah ok. Any issues with the LMT 6.5 CM barrel or as you said it was more of a weight/impulse buy issue? I think once I get the .308 dialed in with reloads, a 20” 6.5 CM will happen. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The sale only applies to the 556 version, is there a difference between the .308 and 556 versions? Thanks.
    Yes. The 7.62 version has a longer front piece which sits flush with the MWS castle nut... purely aesthetics. Everything else is identical.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

I was never a fan of the Magpul version, except on Boba Fett RAL8000 specimen. I’m sure it is quite functional for its purpose. My issue was aesthetics. I would never have even considered the LMT version until I saw the specimen above that was featured in the 13.5” 1100 yard YouTube video. Gorgeous rifle. The stock at least appears to have a smaller footprint. I’m not a fan of the gap though how you’ve currently configured yours. I’m sure it’s a matter of purpose, which obviously is the reason for needing an adjustable stock. Solid purchase
    Last edited by Sabre675; 01-03-20 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post

I was never a fan of the Magpul version, except on Boba Fett RAL8000 specimen. I’m sure it is quite functional for its purpose. My issue was aesthetics. I would never have even considered the LMT version until I saw the specimen above that was featured in the 13.5” 1100 yard YouTube video. Gorgeous rifle. The stock at least appears to have a smaller footprint. I’m not a fan of the gap though how you’ve currently configured yours. I’m sure it’s a matter of purpose, which obviously is the reason for needing an adjustable stock. Solid purchase
    Obviously the gap isn't my first choice, but I wanted to be able to run it on 5.56 gas guns as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Yes. The 7.62 version has a longer front piece which sits flush with the MWS castle nut... purely aesthetics. Everything else is identical.
    Ok, thanks. I already bought the MP PRS and the LOP didn’t work for me on my MWS. I don’t particularly want to chase this around so I will hold off on purchasing. Just out of curiosity, is the LOP the same with the 7.62 version compared to the 556 version? If you happen to know. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Lol, ah ok. Any issues with the LMT 6.5 CM barrel or as you said it was more of a weight/impulse buy issue? I think once I get the .308 dialed in with reloads, a 20” 6.5 CM will happen. Thanks.
    Still love my LMT MWS 6.5, much more than the Colt. But that also has to do with how much long range shooting I like to do and it’s set up for LR. Definitely buy a 6.5 barrel and play on. I was planning on swopping about every month or every 4 outings between 308 and 6.5. Very cheap way to be able to shoot another great rifle. No extra optic.....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post

Man that's a perfect MWS there! Jelly over here big time

Page 287 of 311 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast