Page 293 of 311 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Badger's newly released Conditon One mount not an option for you?

That is actually the mount I meant to list but I was confused with the BO Unimount.

Have you used one?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    That is actually the mount I meant to list but I was confused with the BO Unimount.

Have you used one?
    I have one, but haven't had a lot of time with it. From people I trust, it came highly recommended and seems to be the new hotness.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Badger's newly released Conditon One mount not an option for you?

buddy of mine has this and loves it but he's not a lot of rounds downrange with it yet as he's not had it too long.
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 01-08-20 at 06:13.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    If the rifle has NO special markings (NZ army, UK MOD, L129A1 or 2 or whatever etc...) I doubt there is really anything more special about it. I think I would rather send mine off for cerakote or anodizing in that color and spend MUCH less. These rifles are all excellent shooters and LMT already has the Sharp Shooter or the L129A1 rifles for sale.
    my point exactly.
    The Dutch uppers are on my list

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I'm reevaluating optic options and configurations for my MWS.

Does any one have experience with options like the Reptilia ROF 90/45 RMR mounts for the Geissele SP's or something with a lower offset like the Badger Ordinance Unimount or the Arisaka Offset Optic mount that allows for 35 or 45 degree angling and 1.45 or 1.93 offset height.

My only experience with a secondary red dot is with the piggy backed RMR on an ACOG on a 556 middy. I appreciated the more heads-up posture that it allowed for 50 and in shooting. I'd imagine with mounting on the forward ring, it would allow for passive aiming with NODs. My concern is that the 556 middy is a softer shooting system than my 762 13.5" MWS. I feel like an offset would allow for a cheek weld and better recoil management.

Interested to see and hear what you guys are having success so I can make an educated purchase.

P.S. Really not interested in the "which ever one works best for you" response.
    Really liking the offset the C1 J-Arm provides and the slight bump in offset height the mount gives you. Having forgone similar setups in the past, I really feel like it's a true extension of the optical system. The C1 mount oozes top tier quality and it appears Badger Ordnance has taken no shortcuts in the manufacturing process from the anodized golden-bronze hue (YMMV) to the laser etched torque specs on the base. The mount base provides enough real estate to allow the use of the Arisaka Defense optic leveler kit, saving a shit ton of time when mounting the scope.

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Really liking the offset the C1 J-Arm provides and the slight bump in offset height the mount gives you. Having forgone similar setups in the past, I really feel like it's a true extension of the optical system. The C1 mount oozes top tier quality and it appears Badger Ordnance has taken no shortcuts in the manufacturing process from the anodized golden-bronze hue (YMMV) to the laser etched torque specs on the base. The mount base provides enough real estate to allow the use of the Arisaka Defense optic leveler kit, saving a shit ton of time when mounting the scope.

Really nice setup Boba. Pertaining to the large frame AR, what is the mindset behind using the T2 over an RMR? How solid does that J Arm feel? Solid enough survive a drop?

Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by Sugar; 01-08-20 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

gorgeous!!!!!!!!

great set up. I went with an offset off of the scope but rethinking that
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 01-08-20 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Really nice setup Boba. Pertaining to the large frame AR, what is the mindset behind using the T1 over an RMR? How solid does that J Arm feel? Solid enough survive a drop?

Thanks for your reply
    No mindset really. I pulled the FDE T2 from my SR16 since I put an EOTech setup back on it and decided it would be a great match for this setup. If I happened to have an RMR on hand I probably would've used that instead. The J Arm is solid. The rifle has dropped twice from the height of 3 ft, landing on the offset side both times and it has retained zero with no visible damage to the optic or mount. While it doesn't look like it from the pics considering the still relatively fresh paint job, I don't baby this rifle and it will see a lot of time running local competitions this year. By this time next year I suspect that it will have accumulated even more dings and scrapes and will be able to provide a more comprehensive long term report on the Badger COMM setup.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    T2**

Thanks for the input dude. I'll definitely be looking at that setup for my rifle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    so for clarity, only the anodizing makes it's special right? There is ZERO difference between the SA and regular LMT offerings of the same kind other than the canteen green so I'm really having a hard time trying to see the collectibility here and especially so since LMT could always, probably will, release anodized offerings in the near future.

I've seen 3 sell in the past 4 mos and all were under 3k, closer to 2500. I wonder if I take my black one and have anodized in camo pattern if I can call it collectable?

Can you buy that camo anodized MWS directly from LMT, and is it a leftover from a South American contract that was never offered to civilians?

My guess is no. If that's the case than no you can't just re create what the Canteen green MWSs are. It's fine if you don't care for them, but they most certainly are a "special" MWS. For that reason they'll command a premium. I have no idea what the value is, but I certainly know they're not just your standard MWS.

I had the opportunity to buy one at $1800 and I didn't bite because of how superior I feel the MLOK chassis + MARS H lower is, but I knew these would command a premium one day.

Page 293 of 311 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast