Page 299 of 311 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Thanks, I think I'm gonna order that pencil profiled 16" barrel. Also grab the BCG and some mags.

You heard good things about their BCG, mags, barrels?
    I believe their 22LR barrels/BCG are just rebranded CMMG. I couldn't find any difference between the two.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Pre-ordered the Vortex GEN3 1-10 to go on my MLOK MWS....I'm not a pre-order kind of guy, so hopefully it is comperable or better than the NF ATACR. I was on the fence between the two. I am not a fan of the capped turrents though on either as I think these optics are both more DMR-ish leaning on the LPVO side in my mind when you're at 8 power and beyond. Too bad it isn't offered in black too, not a fan of burnt bronze on a black rifle. Might have to send the rifle to Joint Force Enterprises so the carpet matches the drapes. I'll give feedback in April. Fingers Crossed. Now I have to decide if I want to go with Scalarworks mount or a new style Badger Ordnance. Both are sweet and light. I'm hesitant on trusting the Scalarworks mounting system/torquing knobs, although I've heard no negative feeback considering the abysmal inch/lbs spec. I like the scope leveling feature though and the footprint. Wish the Badger had the same leveling feature.

I am somewhat butt hurt on my Choice. I’ve never been a vortex fan. I’ve always leaned Loupy, and considered nightforce as there is at least clone-ish specificity. The ATACR was at least applicable to my mindset, but with no real data, the Vortex checks a lot of boxes.

I was going to get the Leupold MK5 for my Picatinny Green MWS, make it full on DMR and move the MK8 over to the MLOK. This would have probably made the most sense and I like the looks and features of that optic a great deal. Alternatively I kind of wish going w/a MK6 or NXS8 to maintain a lighter, gross capable platform.

Whatever route I chose was going to leave me wondering. Still leaning MK6 for my mini-ish-Recce build as Ive wanted that optic since its release. I’ll test it and it might get the axe. I’ll also move the MK6 over for posterity. At worst maybe I just need one or two more rifles ....
    Last edited by Sabre675; 01-31-20 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lahunter57; 02-01-20 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    That's ridiculously awesome!!!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I concur....☝️

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's ridiculously awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    I concur....☝️
    Thank you! I’ve been waiting 4 months for the ATACR to come in; well worth the wait. It’s a heavy rifle overall, but a lot of capability in one package. It runs great suppressed, slightly under gassed without the suppressor.

Now if I could just post better pictures...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Testing out some new Scalarworks Action. So far, sooooo good...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Awesome mount brother!!! Love to get me one of those as well. To me they are easily best of class.

Love that red leveler feature on them. Brilliant design. How do you like it so far? Worth the money?

eta: Nice, I see your using the fatmaxx to install it. It makes for an easier life having the right tools.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-06-20 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

bravo

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Awesome mount brother!!! Love to get me one of those as well. To me they are easily best of class.

Love that red leveler feature on them. Brilliant design. How do you like it so far? Worth the money?

eta: Nice, I see your using the fatmaxx to install it. It makes for an easier life having the right tools.

Thank you sir!

Overall. I love it! Straight up sex appeal all the way....

I was shocked on how light it feels in the hand. Very, very well made. The thing exudes quality.

The red leveler is such a seemingly simple feature and makes things quick and streamline. Even the leveler is aesthetically pleasing. Nothing on this mount looks cheap...nor is it.

I torqued the rings to 20 in/lbs. Scalarworks says they have a conservative suggested 25 in/lbs. I’ll sight it in and see how it shakes out.

The torquing knobs were a bit odd for me to wrap my head around. I don’t hate them. They’re very streamlined and flow with the minimalistic footprint.

Overall I’m thrilled with my purchase. I sold my LaRue Mount to a friend. I’ve no complaints with that mount either, it was a bit heavier though. I would like to get a Badger Ordnance C1 Mount for comparison as they seem to be the new hotness. But I’ve no intention of running their Mount accessories unless I ended up running a larger optic. I’m considering canceling my Vortex pre-order, Purchasing a MK5 and doing just that.

I will be ordering another Scalarworks though for my RECCE build.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-06-20 at 20:25.

Page 299 of 311 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast