Page 3 of 311 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    Sabre675 writes:

There is a confirmed KIA in Trashcanistan of approx. 1300 yds. w/ the 5R 16" L7, albeit high elevation ...Someone get that man a budlight. Amazing! Any idea on the glass used and the dope he was feeding the 5R?
    Thanks for your feedback on the NF. Are you running mildot or velocity Reticle?
    Last edited by Sabre675; 05-12-11 at 03:08.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Thanks for your feedback on the NF. Are you running mildot or velocity Reticle?
    Velocity

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    snapped some pics,
    with Votex PST 2.5~10

with Burris 1x4. the reticle has pretty good daylight illum.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    supersix4, how do you like the larue index clips? Looks good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    supersix4, how do you like the larue index clips? Looks good.
    I am very happy with them. They are great.

I really like this gun, I love shooting it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know I post a lot of pics of my mws, but it has become my favorite rifle by far.

How it's set up now with the exception of the scope. In this pic it was a NF NXS, I have since traded for a NF F1 mil/mil.

Took it out today to the nearest long range I have (675yds) and had a great day shooting. Got great groups with my reloads, and worked on my prone position, getting square behind the rifle is something I have been working on and it's starting to become "normal". I am amazed how much better I stay on target when laying square behind the rifle.

Anyway, pic through the scope of the targets at 650yds on 10x. A torso and several 10" squares hung as diamands and a mini torso.

A new video I took shooting the top right diamond:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLIxg7chiPo

The target at the end of the day when we went to paint. Checked zero on the torso and then moved to the diamond. Those two hits on the torso are not a group, the top is one of my 178amax rounds and the bottom is the 175gr smk load.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would show off my MWS any chance I had..., Since I don't have a badass MWS, you guy's pics are the only thing that gets me through all the lonely, lonely nights.

Bring on the glamour shots...I will forever be a fool for Karl's system, everyday I love it more and more. Nothing like em' and they will spoil the shit outta you if you let em, the MWS is such an infant right now in terms of what it's going to be in perhaps 2-3yrs. These systems grow exponentially more dynamic each yr passes, they are truly the gift that keeps on giving in my book.

Anyway, gotta run and buy a SCAR

M1A...aren't you in GA somewhere, being near Bham AL...it just might be worth a drive over to your awesome range for a full day and I mean full day. I almost love the pics you always show of that range more than these guns themselves. Edwin907 a fellow member who hasnt prob. come around in some time lives in GA and I have always wanted to come visit him and share each others guns for a day since he heavily influenced my ideas on these guns..specifically precision ARs.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 05-13-11 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trident, I am in North Georgia. The range I shoot long range at is in lexington, GA just east of athens.

http://www.gunsitehills.com/

I would certainly be interested in putting together some kind of small gathering. Shooting at that range is a blast due to the abundance of steel targets.

Just curious, which scar you getting? What do you have in mind for it? That could be a question for another thread though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was just joshing on that Scar comment since it seems these days for whatever reason a MWS discussion can never be hand without somebody injecting some SCAR 17 talk into it.

My sister went to UGA so I have made many of trip to Athens which from Bham is...2hrs. from ATL, and then IIrc from ATL to Athens was about another 1 1/2 hr. I will for sure be considering making the drive over once the damn fuel price goes down...7hrs. round trip is nothing compared to the enjoyment and experience I will more than likely have at a awesome range such as yours, potentially having your MWS there to drive a little bit with would almost be worth the trip itself. I cannot wait to ring LR steel with the MWS...quite a diff. "ding" than a .223

A pal from Nightforce who is from GA has invited me if I ever would drive over to a 1700 yd range....I can prob. safely say I will never own nor shoot a rifle capable of that yardage....that's just awesome though I would imagine for a Barret or similar .50. I wonder what the bang.....ding sounds like over that distance. I originally planned to stay well into night if I ever did come over in order to try Edwin907's incredible NOD's collection including a recent PVS-22. Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    m1ajunkie, nice setup and that range brings back some good old memory. Say hi to Chief for me!

Page 3 of 311 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast