39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    bravo
    Thank you sir

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Thank you sir!

Overall. I love it! Straight up sex appeal all the way....

I was shocked on how light it feels in the hand. Very, very well made. The thing exudes quality.

The red leveler is such a seemingly simple feature and makes things quick and streamline. Even the leveler is aesthetically pleasing. Nothing on this mount looks cheap...nor is it.

I torqued the rings to 20 in/lbs. Scalarworks says they have a conservative suggested 25 in/lbs. I’ll sight it in and see how it shakes out.

The torquing knobs were a bit odd for me to wrap my head around. I don’t hate them. They’re very streamlined and flow with the minimalistic footprint.

Overall I’m thrilled with my purchase. I sold my LaRue Mount to a friend. I’ve no complaints with that mount either, it was a bit heavier though. I would like to get a Badger Ordnance C1 Mount for comparison as they seem to be the new hotness. But I’ve no intention of running their Mount accessories unless I ended up running a larger optic. I’m considering canceling my Vortex pre-order, Purchasing a MK5 and doing just that.

I will be ordering another Scalarworks though for my RECCE build.
    Nice, thanks for your thoughts.

I didn't think too much of the tightening knobs at first, but have since became a big fan of the design.

Feedback Score
    254 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Attachment 60774

lahunter57 - what size barrel is that? The 13.5"?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Hey, what about a sticky for the MWS only!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Hey, what about a sticky for the MWS only!
    Deserving. Thanks Mark
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Attachment 60774

lahunter57 - what size barrel is that? The 13.5"?
    It’s a 16” cut down to 13.5”
    Last edited by lahunter57; 02-08-20 at 22:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It’s a 16” cut down to 13.5”

Feedback Score
    My apologies if this is not the proper forum/thread or whatever.

I was having a problem with my LMT MWS .308 after I installed the Geissele SSA-E trigger group in it. The issue was that I was unable to pull the trigger after I fired a round, the next round chambered, and the trigger was inoperable. I inquired and had to wait over three weeks for an answer, but I found their response extremely helpful. I wanted to share it here with anyone else moving from the SSA to the SSA-E trigger. I look forward to using it very carefully and being mindful of my trigger pull, etc. I had to rack the round out of the rifle, then reload it, chamber it and then it would fire. I researched it a bit and thought it was "a hammer following" bolt issue, but ... ... well, read the response.

Here is there response to my inquiry.

Thank you for contacting us and for your support and I apologize for the tardy reply. We are still behind with emails and working very hard to catch up.

The SSA-E is about 1lbs lighter and change in break characteristic from carrot like to candy cane like break. In a .308 pattern AR you have additional recoil and in addition to a light trigger, generally we see timing issues come up and it's a slight change in approach that makes the difference. The SSA is more forgiving than the SSA-E, which is why I don't think you've come across the issue, however the lighter the trigger with a gas gun that we want to cycle properly, the more important recoil-management and follow through become.

What you described sounds like hammer follow. Hammer follow is when the trigger is being pulled again (due to incorrect finger movement while firing) but the timing is such that the hammer rides the bolt carrier home. The hammer actually falls faster than the BCG can travel to get into battery. The hammer moving with the BCG will cause the firing pin to protrude but will not place enough force upon the primer to cause ignition. This presents itself as a light strike / dimpled primer and a non-functioning trigger. The firearm will then need to be recharged to be put back into use. Other examples of timing issues can be doubling and tripling.

We also want to avoid feathering the trigger. Feathering the trigger is putting just enough pull into the trigger to discharge the weapon. By feathering the trigger, the shooter’s trigger finger is not holding back against the stop during the firing cycle. The trigger is floating so that the bolt carrier slamming home is tossing the rifle forward and causing the trigger to be pulled again. Follow through is very important.

I hope this helps and if you have any additional questions, please let me know. Also if you have access to the setup please share a few photos looking down into the receiver with the hammer cocked, uncocked, along with photo of the side of the receiver of the pins and safety.

Thank you,
    Jay
    Last edited by Schootz; 02-21-20 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    My apologies if this is not the proper forum/thread or whatever.

I was having a problem with my LMT MWS .308 after I installed the Geissele SSA-E trigger group in it. The issue was that I was unable to pull the trigger after I fired a round, the next round chambered, and the trigger was inoperable. I inquired and had to wait over three weeks for an answer, but I found their response extremely helpful. I wanted to share it here with anyone else moving from the SSA to the SSA-E trigger. I look forward to using it very carefully and being mindful of my trigger pull, etc. I had to rack the round out of the rifle, then reload it, chamber it and then it would fire. I researched it a bit and thought it was "a hammer following" bolt issue, but ... ... well, read the response.

Here is there response to my inquiry.

Thank you for contacting us and for your support and I apologize for the tardy reply. We are still behind with emails and working very hard to catch up.

The SSA-E is about 1lbs lighter and change in break characteristic from carrot like to candy cane like break. In a .308 pattern AR you have additional recoil and in addition to a light trigger, generally we see timing issues come up and it's a slight change in approach that makes the difference. The SSA is more forgiving than the SSA-E, which is why I don't think you've come across the issue, however the lighter the trigger with a gas gun that we want to cycle properly, the more important recoil-management and follow through become.

What you described sounds like hammer follow. Hammer follow is when the trigger is being pulled again (due to incorrect finger movement while firing) but the timing is such that the hammer rides the bolt carrier home. The hammer actually falls faster than the BCG can travel to get into battery. The hammer moving with the BCG will cause the firing pin to protrude but will not place enough force upon the primer to cause ignition. This presents itself as a light strike / dimpled primer and a non-functioning trigger. The firearm will then need to be recharged to be put back into use. Other examples of timing issues can be doubling and tripling.

We also want to avoid feathering the trigger. Feathering the trigger is putting just enough pull into the trigger to discharge the weapon. By feathering the trigger, the shooter’s trigger finger is not holding back against the stop during the firing cycle. The trigger is floating so that the bolt carrier slamming home is tossing the rifle forward and causing the trigger to be pulled again. Follow through is very important.

I hope this helps and if you have any additional questions, please let me know. Also if you have access to the setup please share a few photos looking down into the receiver with the hammer cocked, uncocked, along with photo of the side of the receiver of the pins and safety.

Thank you,
    Jay
    Great info. Thank you for posting. I will have to check but I believe I have a regular SSA trigger in my MWS.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For you guys cutting down your 16 to 13.5, have you checked velocity loss? I wouldn't mind doing a 13.5 build and rocking an ACOG.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 300 of 311 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast