Page 304 of 311 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. There are a lot of nice setups out there, contextually to the end user. I wavered quite a bit, mainly on optics, and pretty much ended back where I started with the green one, just a more current, slightly lighter version. The Vortex just doesn’t look as svelt as a Nightforce ATACR, NX8, NXS x24, Leup MK5, Leup MK6 would. These were all other optics that were on the block. The Vortex came out of nowhere and checks a lot of boxes. It does a lot of things well, in that it is slightly niche and overall I’m fairly pleased. I wanted to go with a lighter 4x or 6x optic originally though, then almost derailed completely with a MK5....then started leaning ATACR 1-8...Wish I had access to glass prior to purchasing.

It is currently handier feeling than the original, better balance and OAL weight I posted a year ago is close to being comparable with current gen Koolaide. Without the optic it was very handy. Your T2 config you mentioned would be sick.

I was humbled though, my co-worker zero’d his Vortex 1-10 today on a Barret REC10 he just purchased. His rifle was sickening it was so light. Advertised I think he said it was 8 lbs even, putting it 7 ounces lighter than mine. It feels lighter though. As stated in the past, the indexing collar will always be a handicap to the platform, as far as weight. As handy and well made the Barret was, I still preferred both of mine.

I still need some KAC 45’s, Railscales and a small list of support gear.

Next year maybe I’ll be further on my 5.56 MLK...I’ve bounced around on optic direction even more so. Hopefully someone has something in development to kull the herd.
    Haha, you got so many awesome logs in the fire.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the build as well. Totally agree about not being able to see many of the optic options you want before actually having to buy them.

I bet the Barret was sweet, but for only 7 ozs more it's a no brainer taking your MWS that brings so much more to the table imho.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Man, I was 100% in for razor gen 3. Now I’m wondering if I should get the Atacr 1-8 instead

Great info though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had the MK6 for a while along with my NX8. To my eye, mk6 glass is great, but no good enough for the price tag. Comparing both glass, I thought the MK6 is only slightly better than NX8.

I think for optically quality, nothing can really beat the Kahles.

I really wanna get the Atacr but money does talk. A used Atacr is still around $600 more expensive than brand new Gen 3.

Even I havnt receive my gen 3, I think it checks most boxes, and for the price point and overall performance, I can’t find anything can beat it.

However, I do hope the gen 3 has the MK6 elevation dial and the color is black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For you guys that have a the Mlok upper, how do you like it, of course I’m asking for a friend. I wouldn’t dare buy another

What upper do you prefer, old school, slick or mlok ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    For you guys that have a the Mlok upper, how do you like it, of course I’m asking for a friend. I wouldn’t dare buy another

What upper do you prefer, old school, slick or mlok ?

PB
    Never messed with the other two outside of a gun shop but the MLOK is the lightest. That was an automatic go for me. I love mine.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Anyone have a lead on a 13.5” light weight barrel? I need one.

Anyone know how much the weight difference is between 13.5 lightweight and 16” standard profile?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I called LMT last year & asked. I can't find where I wrote that down, but my recollection is there's about 1-1/4lb saved going from 16" standard to 13.5" lightweight.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I called LMT last year & asked. I can't find where I wrote that down, but my recollection is there's about 1-1/4lb saved going from 16" standard to 13.5" lightweight.
    Thanks. That’s a lot of weight off the front half of the gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does the MWS MLK upper have issues with barrel removal while accessories are installed, like the MRP MLK uppers do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    Does the MWS MLK upper have issues with barrel removal while accessories are installed, like the MRP MLK uppers do?
    Yes, you’ll need to remove any MLOK accessories.

Feedback Score
    Looking to get my first MWS and biggest priority is weight savings - hence I'll be going with a 13.5 in 308 and a possibility of suppressing it down the line. Does anyone have a list of suppressor-ready muzzle devices that will bring OAL to 16"? I checked around the search function, but couldn't find any pertinent information. A few that I've seen in here have SF muzzle brakes but with a spacer to get to length. Same goes for the KAC Mams QDC, but to be honest, the last thing I wanna do is buy Knights. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RMike89; 04-13-20 at 13:46.

Page 304 of 311 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 ... LastLast