Page 309 of 311 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311 LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score

Flawless, Accurate, Consistent, Perfect, Pleasurable

I just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to take the rifle (LMT 308 MWS E) out at 200 and 100-yards twice last weekend it is absolutely flawless, amazing, and accurate.

Buffers and Suppressors

I'm very happy that everything just works perfectly it in and that I did not have any problems or frustrations with it. This is because I installed the JP Enterprises Silent Buffer Spring GEN2 AR-10 H2 (JPSCS2-10H2) with an additional Tungsten weight to bring it into H3 5.65oz weight and the Red & Yellow heaviest 10-110 spring that was already installed on it. I had to cut the rifle length delrin extension that came with it to the A5 5/16" extra size since I didn't realize that I needed one and didn't purchase the A5 extension spacer (JPSCS2-SPACER-A5) that's available. I run it with the SureFire SOCOM 762 RC FDE suppressor on the 16" CL 1:10 with the SureFire SOCOM Muzzle Break.

It is consistent and a pleasure to shoot. Hardly any recoil and very accurate. My friend was commenting on how well it shoots and how quiet it is and consistently it shoots. It is really a great piece of engineering and I am very glad that it all worked out flawlessly.

(Many folks here cut their barrels down and had over-gassing issues because of it, some folks installed suppressors and had reliability problems, other folks mentioned the need for extra heavy XH weight 8.5oz buffers to tame this gun and make it reliable, etc. I'm glad that everything just worked fine.)

No Failures

I am very glad that I did not have any issues with Failures-To-Feed or Falures-To-Eject or Double-Feeds due to the overgassed system, the usage of the suppressor, which luckily is designed for over-gassed systems and has back-pressure mitigation design with the vented baffles, and the captured buffer spring with a H3 5.65oz weight buffer and heaviest spring

The only issues that I had is with older Magpul PMAG Gen3 LR/SR 10-round magazines designed for SAAMI spec COAL 2.800" for the .308 Winchester / 7.62x51MM NATO rounds and I was using the surplus purchased longer M118LR 175gr OTM rounds with a COAL ~2.815" +- 0.03 and the bolt wouldn't close on the first round when released from lock and I had to drop the magazine and charge the bolt to close again. On the newest Magpul PMAG Gen3 LR/SR M118LR 25-round magazines designed for COAL 2.830" I did not have this problem at all so it's just an older mag and longer round issue.

Brass Catcher

The TacStar brass catcher worked like a charm and I retained all of my spent brass cases except for the very first round since I took a shot without the catcher and with my face and body well away from the gun just in case it had an issue with all the additionall changes and accessories added to it.

Safety Selector

The BlackHawk Offset Non-Ambidextrous Safety was also great and I can switch the gun back to safe without having to lose my grip. That's something that I have on my other LMT MRP rifle also for better erogonmics. (If I had a select-fire lowers then I wouldn't be doing this modification of course but one can only hope that we'll get back to pre NFA 1934, GCA 1964, FOPA 1986 era of common sense and sanity someday.)

Atlas Bipod

Also the Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR Bipod is great with a neutral load on it without pushing too much forward to over-load it. I also swapped out the rubber feet for the metal cleats and that helped settle down the shots and shrunk my groups by a noticeable amount. I also have the single spikes to switch to in case I ever have to shoot off soil. The cleats work great for shooting off wooden benches though and don't dig in too much nor damage the bench very much.

Atlas Monopod

I have two of the Atlas rear monopods, one is that Standard height and the other is the Mid-Height so I can switch them out depending on what I need. I purchased the Mid before and realized that it is too high than the Standard, so that was a bit of a mistake but I think I'll keep both just in case. If I end up not using the Mid I'll just sell it off since I kept the original packaging.

The Standard size one is perfect for shooting the 25-round magazines without having to extend the front legs of the bipod more than just 1-click. The Mid-Height one is too high.

Suppressor Cover

I ended up using the old 5-year+ Bowers Griptastic Silicone Suppressor Cover because at 95-degree Fahrenheight heat the mirrage became annoying after about 20-shots in 90% humidity down here. I know that the latest covers are silicon with a nylon wrap but they all use laces and strings to secure it down. I like this one since it is a slip on one but it does tend to move forward by an inch or so since I haven't cleaned it in a while nor the suppressor to remove the oils and carbon to make it stick. Works very well though.

Scope & Rings

That old generation Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40 Scope and the UTG Rings worked perfectly at 100 and 200-years and I could see my impacts on paper with high-visiblity stickers. Very fun to shoot without having to use a spotting scope and perfect height for me due to my high-cheek bones from the Magpul ACS Stock without the requirement of a SAPR cheek extender device. (I personally can't understand why folks are okay with badly fitted optics and that use high-rings and short stocks where they only get a jaw-bone weld instead of a proper cheek-bone weld with a centered cross-hair. So many gun folks are okay with that bullshit lever of fitting.)

Scope Choices

I've been reading all the posts on this thread from 2011 until 2019 so far, 7-pages to go to finish, and folks here are drooling over the NightForce, US Optics, Leupod, Vortex, Schmidt & Bender, Steiner, etc. scopes. I have a Trijicon TA11F 3.5x35 on my LMT MRP CQB (AR-15) in 5.56 & 300 BLK and love the clarify of that scope and functionality but I also have a second one of the same Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm one for doing paperwork at 100 and 200-yards and it is the perfect height again and at ~$175 USD back then it is a great price and quality and consistency and coupled with inexpensive but solid UTG High Profile LE QD Rings for $23 USD it just works and rocks the paper.

Once I have a chance to evaluate the better scopes like the NightForce ones, that one of my friends has, I'll have to decide if the astronomical price is worth the bang-for-the-buck and the price-to-performance ratio makes sense. I do like that the better scopes use larger 34mm tubes instead of the 25mm/1-inch ones for a wider light path but the prices are huge. The cost to me isn't the issue, I can afford these scopes but the P:P ratio is whats imporant to avoid overspending for the last 1% or 5% difference with diminishing returns on optics.

I don't understand nor like the fact that many folks here prefer the low powered optics such as the 1-6 or 1-8x for a rifle and cartridge which is meant to shoot 400, 600, 800, 1000+ yards. In my opinion anything under 100 is a red-dot game, 100-300 is a 4x ACOG game for tactical applications but at least 10x for paper and accuracy, past that you need to start at 8x power and then go much higher 18x or 24x. At 600-800-1000 you need to think about 32x. I've personally shot 18x and 24x off-hand at 17-yards to qualify at dime size targets and didn't think it was too much magnification. A 24x power scope usually has a 50mm objective bell so it is tad high but would fit on the high rings just fine and maintain the same crosshair center. A 32x power scope and 56mm objective bell is where things go problematic and the PRS and DMR stocks start to come into play. Eye box and eye-relief should also be decent enough for paper-punching otherwise you can go back to the ACOG or Extended Eye Relief scopes. Anyway, too many choices, too high prices, too many decisions...

Painted Over White & Red

I ended taking a black matte paint pen and painted over all of the white and red colored paint that was all over this rifle. What an eyesore all of those embossed painted emblems and patent numbers and names. Useless advertising and lawyering onto a battle instrument. Why the hell do you put highly visible colors like red and white that do not show up in nature naturally in any locations that this is going to be used and paint it all over. This is not H&K that we need color coded safety emblems, we are not children playing with Hi-Points.

LMT 308 MWS - SureFire SOCOM-762-RC-FDE, Bushness AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm, Magpul ACS, BT Alpha BT46-LW17 & BT13-QK, TacStar Brass Catcher - Black Background - JakFrost - 2020-06-26 - Right
    LMT 308 MWS - SureFire SOCOM-762-RC-FDE, Bushness AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm, Magpul ACS, BT Alpha BT.jpg

LMT 308 MWS - SureFire SOCOM-762-RC-FDE, Bushness AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm, Magpul ACS, BT Alpha BT46-LW17 & BT13-QK, TacStar Brass Catcher - Black Background - JakFrost - 2020-06-26 - Left
    LMT 308 MWS - SureFire SOCOM-762-RC-FDE, Bushness AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm, Magpul ACS, BT Alpha BT.jpg
    Last edited by JakFrost; 06-27-20 at 02:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JakFrost View Post
    I just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to take the rifle (LMT 308 MWS E) out at 200 and 100-yards twice last weekend it is absolutely flawless, amazing, and accurate.

Buffers and Suppressors

I'm very happy that everything just works perfectly it in and that I did not have any problems or frustrations with it. This is because I installed the JP Enterprises Silent Buffer Spring GEN2 AR-10 H2 (JPSCS2-10H2) with an additional Tungsten weight to bring it into H3 5.65oz weight and the Red & Yellow heaviest 10-110 spring that was already installed on it. I had to cut the rifle length delrin extension that came with it to the A5 5/16" extra size since I didn't realize that I needed one and didn't purchase the A5 extension spacer (JPSCS2-SPACER-A5) that's available. I run it with the SureFire SOCOM 762 RC FDE suppressor on the 16" CL 1:10 with the SureFire SOCOM Muzzle Break.

It is consistent and a pleasure to shoot. Hardly any recoil and very accurate. My friend was commenting on how well it shoots and how quiet it is and consistently it shoots. It is really a great piece of engineering and I am very glad that it all worked out flawlessly.

(Many folks here cut their barrels down and had over-gassing issues because of it, some folks installed suppressors and had reliability problems, other folks mentioned the need for extra heavy XH weight 8.5oz buffers to tame this gun and make it reliable, etc. I'm glad that everything just worked fine.)

No Failures

I am very glad that I did not have any issues with Failures-To-Feed or Falures-To-Eject or Double-Feeds due to the overgassed system, the usage of the suppressor, which luckily is designed for over-gassed systems and has back-pressure mitigation design with the vented baffles, and the captured buffer spring with a H3 5.65oz weight buffer and heaviest spring

The only issues that I had is with older Magpul PMAG Gen3 LR/SR 10-round magazines designed for SAAMI spec COAL 2.800" for the .308 Winchester / 7.62x51MM NATO rounds and I was using the surplus purchased longer M118LR 175gr OTM rounds with a COAL ~2.815" +- 0.03 and the bolt wouldn't close on the first round when released from lock and I had to drop the magazine and charge the bolt to close again. On the newest Magpul PMAG Gen3 LR/SR M118LR 25-round magazines designed for COAL 2.830" I did not have this problem at all so it's just an older mag and longer round issue.

Brass Catcher

The TacStar brass catcher worked like a charm and I retained all of my spent brass cases except for the very first round since I took a shot without the catcher and with my face and body well away from the gun just in case it had an issue with all the additionall changes and accessories added to it.

Safety Selector

The BlackHawk Offset Non-Ambidextrous Safety was also great and I can switch the gun back to safe without having to lose my grip. That's something that I have on my other LMT MRP rifle also for better erogonmics. (If I had a select-fire lowers then I wouldn't be doing this modification of course but one can only hope that we'll get back to pre NFA 1934, GCA 1964, FOPA 1986 era of common sense and sanity someday.)

Atlas Bipod

Also the Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR Bipod is great with a neutral load on it without pushing too much forward to over-load it. I also swapped out the rubber feet for the metal cleats and that helped settle down the shots and shrunk my groups by a noticeable amount. I also have the single spikes to switch to in case I ever have to shoot off soil. The cleats work great for shooting off wooden benches though and don't dig in too much nor damage the bench very much.

Atlas Monopod

I have two of the Atlas rear monopods, one is that Standard height and the other is the Mid-Height so I can switch them out depending on what I need. I purchased the Mid before and realized that it is too high than the Standard, so that was a bit of a mistake but I think I'll keep both just in case. If I end up not using the Mid I'll just sell it off since I kept the original packaging.

The Standard size one is perfect for shooting the 25-round magazines without having to extend the front legs of the bipod more than just 1-click. The Mid-Height one is too high.

Suppressor Cover

I ended up using the old 5-year+ Bowers Griptastic Silicone Suppressor Cover because at 95-degree Fahrenheight heat the mirrage became annoying after about 20-shots in 90% humidity down here. I know that the latest covers are silicon with a nylon wrap but they all use laces and strings to secure it down. I like this one since it is a slip on one but it does tend to move forward by an inch or so since I haven't cleaned it in a while nor the suppressor to remove the oils and carbon to make it stick. Works very well though.

Scope & Rings

That old generation Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40 Scope and the UTG Rings worked perfectly at 100 and 200-years and I could see my impacts on paper with high-visiblity stickers. Very fun to shoot without having to use a spotting scope and perfect height for me due to my high-cheek bones from the Magpul ACS Stock without the requirement of a SAPR cheek extender device. (I personally can't understand why folks are okay with badly fitted optics and that use high-rings and short stocks where they only get a jaw-bone weld instead of a proper cheek-bone weld with a centered cross-hair. So many gun folks are okay with that bullshit lever of fitting.)

Scope Choices

I've been reading all the posts on this thread from 2011 until 2019 so far, 7-pages to go to finish, and folks here are drooling over the NightForce, US Optics, Leupod, Vortex, Schmidt & Bender, Steiner, etc. scopes. I have a Trijicon TA11F 3.5x35 on my LMT MRP CQB (AR-15) in 5.56 & 300 BLK and love the clarify of that scope and functionality but I also have a second one of the same Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm one for doing paperwork at 100 and 200-yards and it is the perfect height again and at ~$175 USD back then it is a great price and quality and consistency and coupled with inexpensive but solid UTG High Profile LE QD Rings for $23 USD it just works and rocks the paper.

Once I have a chance to evaluate the better scopes like the NightForce ones, that one of my friends has, I'll have to decide if the astronomical price is worth the bang-for-the-buck and the price-to-performance ratio makes sense. I do like that the better scopes use larger 34mm tubes instead of the 25mm/1-inch ones for a wider light path but the prices are huge. The cost to me isn't the issue, I can afford these scopes but the P:P ratio is whats imporant to avoid overspending for the last 1% or 5% difference with diminishing returns on optics.

I don't understand nor like the fact that many folks here prefer the low powered optics such as the 1-6 or 1-8x for a rifle and cartridge which is meant to shoot 400, 600, 800, 1000+ yards. In my opinion anything under 100 is a red-dot game, 100-300 is a 4x ACOG game for tactical applications but at least 10x for paper and accuracy, past that you need to start at 8x power and then go much higher 18x or 24x. At 600-800-1000 you need to think about 32x. I've personally shot 18x and 24x off-hand at 17-yards to qualify at dime size targets and didn't think it was too much magnification. A 24x power scope usually has a 50mm objective bell so it is tad high but would fit on the high rings just fine and maintain the same crosshair center. A 32x power scope and 56mm objective bell is where things go problematic and the PRS and DMR stocks start to come into play. Eye box and eye-relief should also be decent enough for paper-punching otherwise you can go back to the ACOG or Extended Eye Relief scopes. Anyway, too many choices, too high prices, too many decisions...

Painted Over White & Red

I ended taking a black matte paint pen and painted over all of the white and red colored paint that was all over this rifle. What an eyesore all of those embossed painted emblems and patent numbers and names. Useless advertising and lawyering onto a battle instrument. Why the hell do you put highly visible colors like red and white that do not show up in nature naturally in any locations that this is going to be used and paint it all over. This is not H&K that we need color coded safety emblems, we are not children playing with Hi-Points.

LMT 308 MWS - SureFire SOCOM-762-RC-FDE, Bushness AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm, Magpul ACS, BT Alpha BT46-LW17 & BT13-QK, TacStar Brass Catcher - Black Background - JakFrost - 2020-06-26 - Right

LMT 308 MWS - SureFire SOCOM-762-RC-FDE, Bushness AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm, Magpul ACS, BT Alpha BT46-LW17 & BT13-QK, TacStar Brass Catcher - Black Background - JakFrost - 2020-06-26 - Left
    I’m glad your enjoying your MWS! Heck of a rifle. Your making me want to start playing with my old gen1 again. It’s been years since it’s gotten any love. I’ve had plans to get an ultra match barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor modified to work in the chassis for 6 or 7 years now and haven’t gotten around to it. Now that I’ve satisfied my European exotics fetish I think maybe it’s time to do that.

Also, if I remember correctly I think the overgassing issues were with factory barrels. Those that cut down their barrels theoretically should be getting less gas assuming the gas port wasn’t modified.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhbar Bez View Post
    The SSP won’t work in the MWS.
    The contour of the bottom of the bolt carrier is such that the trigger won’t reset.
    I replaced mine with the Hi-Speed DMR.
    Huh?

The profile of the Geissele Super Dynamic Flat Bow triggers is the same across the flat-trigger bow line. The SSP, SD-C, SD-E, SD-3G all share the same profile and folks have already mentioned in this thread that they used the SD-E and SD-C triggers.

The SSP trigger isn't even available or sold by anyone out there anymore so this is a moot point anyway. MidwayUSA lists it as the Geissele Super Speed Precision trigger when it is listed as the Geissle Single Stage Precision trigger on their web site with the same SKU 05-483 number. So obviously there's some kind of a dis-congruity out there and this product is just weird.

I ordered a SD-E 3.5lb trigger from Primary Arms who took their sweet time in 7-days to pull the items for local pickup instead of their promised 1-day order availability. Folks mentioned that they prefer the 2-stage triggers anyway for long distance accuracy to take up the slack and then break the 1st stage at ~1.5lb for accurate shooting.

I'm used to the longer pull SD-3G trigger on my LMT MRP CQB rifle which works great and has a nice longer pull but breaks cleanly like glass. I'm hoping that the SD-E 2-stage works just as well.

I don't think that the LMT MWS will have any problems with the Geissele triggers since they pretty much comply with the mil-spec dimensions on everything. The KAC bolt carrier though has a thinner channel for the hammer so you can only use KAC triggers on it due to that fact.

LMT is quite closely designed around the AR-10 pattern of rifles with standard mil-spec parts so you don't need go into proprietary world like other manufacturers have done, that's one great thing about this chassis platform... shit will just work on it.
    Last edited by JakFrost; 06-28-20 at 01:36.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Is Marvin Pitts the go to guy to reprofile and chop the barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My understanding is that he's 'the guy'.

Question for whomever reads this.....would it be a bad thing to cerakote my LMT MWS with a camo pattern? Leaning Multicam or maybe Bottomland; I know they are totally different but like them both.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubmanager View Post
    My understanding is that he's 'the guy'.

Question for whomever reads this.....would it be a bad thing to cerakote my LMT MWS with a camo pattern? Leaning Multicam or maybe Bottomland; I know they are totally different but like them both.
    why would it be a bad thing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dunno, seems like some are trying to make theirs look ‘authentic’ with tan furniture so it seemed a bit sacrilegious. This is going to be my go-to rifle including hunting and I just think it would look cool.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I dunno, seems like some are trying to make theirs look ‘authentic’ with tan furniture so it seemed a bit sacrilegious. This is going to be my go-to rifle including hunting and I just think it would look cool.
    your stick, do what you want. I love the idea personally. I have two, all black and the canteen green that was supposed to go to Venezuela. I've wanted to cerakote the black one a woodland pattern but it's just too expensive in my neck of the woods

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Copy and will do. Man, that Canteen Green color is the ticket! I’ve seen pictures of that and damn.....sure wish I could afford that. I’d have it cerakoted like that but I just don’t think it will look the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Copy and will do. Man, that Canteen Green color is the ticket! I’ve seen pictures of that and damn.....sure wish I could afford that. I’d have it cerakoted like that but I just don’t think it will look the same.
    they are nice for sure. I should have bought one in 5.56 as well but studdered on that when I had the chance. Stupid move on my part but oh well. what pricing are you seeing for cerakote by your way?

Page 309 of 311 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311 LastLast