Page 5 of 311 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    Hows the battle comp working out, does it tame the 16" Barrel system much or is it still a pretty sharp impulse?
    In my opinion it tames it pretty good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzghan View Post
    I would also like to know your thoughts on the Battlecomp. I recently purchased the PWS FSC30 from SKD when they had their 25% off Osama is dead sale....couldn't pass it up for that price and I love the PWS FSC556 on my MRP.

Is the Battlecomp worth the 200 plus bucks or should I stick with the PWS? Thoughts?

Sorry no pics yet.....I purchased the MWS on deployment and haven't made it back yet.
    I don't have the FSC30 but I do have both the FSC556 and a BattleComp, I would say based on my experiences with the BC and the 556 version, that the BABC and the FSC30 would be pretty similar from the user POV. They could be vastly different standing to the side of either.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THEOZZ View Post

HOPO:

I've been looking at the Nightforce for the SS barrel setup I have coming, which velocity reticule did you go with LV,MV,HV and would it provide enough magnification out to 1000yds?
    I went w/ 600yds. LV Ret. Mid was not out yet & because of barrel length etc. I really don't feel 1000 yd. shots are pragmatic w/ easy repeatability at that magnification or barrel length.

HTH....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
    I don't have the FSC30 but I do have both the FSC556 and a BattleComp, I would say based on my experiences with the BC and the 556 version, that the BABC and the FSC30 would be pretty similar from the user POV. They could be vastly different standing to the side of either.
    I pretty much agree. I started with a FSC30 before the battlecomp. The recoil is pretty much the same but the big difference is in the blast. With the FSC30 it felt like a little version of my 50bmg, large pressure wave. The battlecomp, while still having a shock wave, wasn't nearly so obnoxious.
    My battlecomp video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUM804M0qeI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
    Supersix4,
    You, Doorgunner84 and I need to get together and run the OBR, LMT and N6 together before he deploys this fall. That would be a "Blast"

Until that day,
    Darkop
    Right or wrong, black or white. Cross that line, your gonna pay, but in the dawn before the light, we live or die by shades of gray.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pretty vanilla, really.

Magpul foliage green furniture, TangoDown bipod (I got it for less than half retail), and a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 mildot/zero stop in a Larue mount. Basically set up as a basic precision rifle of sorts. Something more than a DM rifle, something less than a full-fledged sniper rifle.

Haven't had the chance to get many rounds out with it yet since it's on the other side of the planet from me right now. All of the shooting I've done with it has been from the prone, loading into the bipod. I'm able to get follow-up shots pretty quickly, and it's accurate enough that I can tell I'm the limiting factor. Well, me and the ammo. (About 2.5-3" groups at 100m with surplus ammo.)
    Last edited by The Rat; 05-23-11 at 11:11.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 09-25-11 at 00:54.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkop View Post
    Supersix4,
    You, Doorgunner84 and I need to get together and run the OBR, LMT and N6 together before he deploys this fall. That would be a "Blast"

Until that day,
    Darkop
    Don't know how I missed this, but that would be awesome! I am game if we can work it out

Feedback Score
    Mine:

How it shoots at 800m (875yds):

Haven't had much opportunity to shoot it this spring, but plan on doing a quite a bit since the snow has melted.
    Last edited by Fighting Tenth; 05-26-11 at 23:49.

Page 5 of 311 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast