Page 52 of 311 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wow....why on earth did you let that rifle go?

No way would I personally trade a LM8 w/ a Rock 5R SS barrel away.

To each their own I guess...
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-06-13 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Wow....why on earth did you let that rifle go?

No way would I personally trade a LM8 w/ a Rock 5R SS barrel away.

To each their own I guess...
    It was a tough decision but I've really wanted a KAC SR-25 ECC and I was able to get it plus some $$$.

I love the MRP platform and have several others and plan to get another LM8 when things calm down. In the meantime, the SR-25 will keep me company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ-Renegade View Post
    Nope, it's the standard configuration; LM308MWSE.
    You will be happy with it, no doubt about it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hear ya, and the ECC is a great rifle.

LM8s will be rarer than hen's teeth for the next cpl. years I suspect. I'm sure you made somebody extremely happy with that rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    hjmpanzr,

That is a sharp looking rig you had. Seeing that you are also running a 762ss suppressor, I am curious what your plans are for suppressing your sr25 ecc since the 762ss will be a no go?

I also have an sr25 ecc on order and since my 762ss suppressor will not work I'm having to look into adding another suppressor to my stable.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    hjmpanzr,

That is a sharp looking rig you had. Seeing that you are also running a 762ss suppressor, I am curious what your plans are for suppressing your sr25 ecc since the 762ss will be a no go?

I also have an sr25 ecc on order and since my 762ss suppressor will 'm having to look into adding another suppressor to my stable.
    I will be adding one as well (and please excuse the brief divergence in the LMT thread).

I've been going back and forth between a Surefire 7.62 mini (SOCOM or previous Gen) or a KAC QDC CQB. Currently, I'm leaning toward the KAC suppressor because I would like to keep the mams instead of the surefire adapter and its my understanding that KAC plans to sell the mams so I can use it on my 300 blackout.

If I end up going with the surefire I would probably not go with the SOCOM but with the previous generation because it will attach to all of my 5.56 rifles, which have adapters/brakes for my 212 cans. With one exception, all my centerfire suppressors are surefire.

I plan to go with the shorty over the full size because I will be using this suppressor primarily on the ECC and 300 blackout. For now, I'm using my 762SS on the 300 blackout. It works fine but I can't get a good short barrel because of the length needed to mount the SS (it's also lopsided -- see below). I will use the surefire 7.62SS on bolt guns and future LMTs.

The only thing that has kept me from ordering the KAC is that I don't have any hands on experience with their suppressors. The same goes for the surefire mini but I know what to expect from it. That said, I would really like to get some reviews on both suppressors and some time behind both.

The 762SS on the 300 blackout. Poor photo but the thing is very lopsided.
    Attachment 15310
    Last edited by hjmpanzr; 07-13-13 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Here's a photo of my LM8 set up before I let it go for a SR-25 ECC. Had the SS barrel and CL. It was very nice but I couldn't resist. The LM8 rail system/configuration is outstanding having both the MWS standard and LM8.

Attachment 15263
    Attachment 15264
    Nice stick.
    Did / do you like the KAC Uni-Mount ?

LMT LM8MWSF listed weight is: 9.3 vs. LMT308MWSF weight is listed @ 9.98.

It would be nice to acquire a LM8MWSF Rail ;-/ but <6 ozs. is not a deal breaker for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am assembling my MWS piece by piece but this is the current configuration. The next pieces will be some quality fold down BUIS making room for a SWFA 1-6x (or at least that's the current top contender I think). Additionally, I'll get an Atlas bipod and maybe change the grip over to a MOE+ and cap it off with a BABC. Down the road, I may just add a slick sided LM8 to the stable as well and kit it similarly.

Last edited by Zhivago99; 02-09-13 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    Anyone here running any 'combat optics' (apart from the ACOG 6x48) on theirs?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Here's a photo of my LM8 set up before I let it go for a SR-25 ECC.....

Attachment 15263
    It's soooo pretty....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 52 of 311 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast