Page 53 of 311 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo6Actual View Post
    Nice stick.
    Did / do you like the KAC Uni-Mount ?

LMT LM8MWSF listed weight is: 9.3 vs. LMT308MWSF weight is listed @ 9.98.

It would be nice to acquire a LM8MWSF Rail ;-/ but <6 ozs. is not a deal breaker for me.
    The most impressive aspect of the LM8 is the slick rail, especially the shape of the rail. It's much, much more comfortable to handle. I don't think I could really feel a difference in weight but it felt more balanced than the traditional MWS, which was a big plus for me particularly when using a suppressor. I plan to get another MWS and it will be a LM8 but I expect it will be at least a year or so.

I kept all of the accessories except the Geiselle SDE.
    I've had the KAC mount for about 2.5 yrs. Initially, I didn't like it but that was mostly because I thought the finish wasn't the greatest. However, I ended up mounting this NF 2.5-10X32 out of necessity (waiting on another mount to come) took it to the range and loved it. It's suprisingly lightweight; weighing about as much as NF unimount (7 or 8 oz if I remember). It locked down on the scope and there hasn't been any movement. I would get another without hesitation although the price is a bit too steep.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    The most impressive aspect of the LM8 is the slick rail, especially the shape of the rail. It's much, much more comfortable to handle. I don't think I could really feel a difference in weight but it felt more balanced than the traditional MWS, which was a big plus for me particularly when using a suppressor. I plan to get another MWS and it will be a LM8 but I expect it will be at least a year or so.

I kept all of the accessories except the Geiselle SDE.
    I've had the KAC mount for about 2.5 yrs. Initially, I didn't like it but that was mostly because I thought the finish wasn't the greatest. However, I ended up mounting this NF 2.5-10X32 out of necessity (waiting on another mount to come) took it to the range and loved it. It's suprisingly lightweight; weighing about as much as NF unimount (7 or 8 oz if I remember). It locked down on the scope and there hasn't been any movement. I would get another without hesitation although the price is a bit too steep.
    Thx for response makes sense.
    I have Gorilla mitts so I don't have the same issues w/ LMT rail size or control but can see the ergonomic advantage. I'm running the KAC FDE rail (pictured here on a ROBAR SR60 & I'm having same results as you mentioned. The KAC is slightly heavier than NF but w/o being pedantic separated by only a few Ozs. etc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
    Anyone here running any 'combat optics' (apart from the ACOG 6x48) on theirs?
    Aimpoint M4S on the 16"

Feedback Score
    My Form 4 just came back and my MWS308 is finally exactly how I envisioned it. I can't wait to go shoot it. I've shot it unsuppressed but this rifle was the reason I got the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    First post of the year award. Very nice rifle and can.

Feedback Score
    Hoping to get to take it out for the first time soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man, those sure are some nice looking suppressed MWS's. I am a little strapped for cash right now but I definitely plan on suppressing my MWS as well in the future as long as the laws don't change.

So yesterday I finally got out to put some rounds through my new 18" stainless barrel. I've actually had the barrel since July or August but haven't shot it other than once right after I received it. What happened is my original 18 inch barrel had some problems like tooling marks and rust in the bore upon receiving it (looked heavily used as well). After a lengthy ordeal with DSG, LMT finally just sent me a brand-new stainless barrel once they received more of them. This was during the time when they supposedly stopped using Rock Creek and started using an unknown manufacturer and I remember during this time there were some concerns about the quality of these new barrels especially since we have no idea whose blanks LMT is using. I remember one of our LMT experts here at M4C made a comment that that not much is known about these current stainless barrels but that soon LMT will be using extremely high quality stainless tubes again. Needless to say, this among other things had me kind of nervous that maybe LMT rushed to get some stainless barrels made (because they were back ordered for months) and that they might be subpar. I ultimately started to regret purchasing the stainless barrel considering my 16 inch CL barrel shoots absolutely lights out. I really had no reason to buy the 18 inch. This barrel is from the 1st batch of barrels LMT shipped out after supposedly not using Rock Creek any longer. (BTW if anyone has any MFG info on this barrel please do tell bc I'm very interested and who's blanks are they currently using as well?)

Okay, back to the post, sorry about the sidetrack. So I loaded up some rounds with Varget and 168 grain SMK's. I didn't know what to expect but of course, in typical LMT fashion, I was very happy with the results. Especially since I was using 2x dirty brass that wasn't even touched with any cleaner and some of the cases I trimmed and some I didn't. There were many inconsistencies in my super quick reloading session. Also, I hadn't shot the gun since August and the weather was nasty (snow, rain and wind). Ok, enough excuses. Here's the pics of 5rd groups:

Under 1":

The "bad" groupings:

The surprising part is that even groups that I considered bad never were above 1.4 inches. I would get 1.1 or 1.2 inch groups very easily without much effort. I need to find the target and take a pic but I only shot one 10 shot group that was barely under an inch through 8 shots and the 9th brought it to 1.2". I choked and knew I jerked the 10th round which brought the group to 1.4".

Anyway, I'm not yet ready to call this barrel more accurate than my amazing 16" CL but I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed it when find my pet load. I've already shot my smallest ever MWS group with the stainless on my first real outing with it. Very happy and I love the MWS.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    So yesterday I finally got out to put some rounds through my new 18" stainless barrel. I've actually had the barrel since July or August but haven't shot it other than once right after I received it. What happened is my original 18 inch barrel had some problems like tooling marks and rust in the bore upon receiving it (looked heavily used as well). After a lengthy ordeal with DSG, LMT finally just sent me a brand-new stainless barrel once they received more of them. This was during the time when they supposedly stopped using Rock Creek and started using an unknown manufacturer and I remember during this time there were some concerns about the quality of these new barrels especially since we have no idea whose blanks LMT is using. I remember one of our LMT experts here at M4C made a comment that that not much is known about these current stainless barrels but that soon LMT will be using extremely high quality stainless tubes again. Needless to say, this among other things had me kind of nervous that maybe LMT rushed to get some stainless barrels made (because they were back ordered for months) and that they might be subpar. I ultimately started to regret purchasing the stainless barrel considering my 16 inch CL barrel shoots absolutely lights out. I really had no reason to buy the 18 inch. This barrel is from the 1st batch of barrels LMT shipped out after supposedly not using Rock Creek any longer. (BTW if anyone has any MFG info on this barrel please do tell bc I'm very interested and who's blanks are they currently using as well?)
    Any idea how you tell if your barrel is rock creek or new mfg?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not that I know of besides where this stamp is on the barrel. This doesn't go for the new production barrels but the old rock creeks were marked on the top of the barrel and my new barrel is marked on the side of the barrel between the gas block and the chamber. I haven't researched MWS barrels in a long time so please understand that LMT might have started using Rockcreek again for all I know. I just remember there was a time when they supposedly stopped using rock Creek. After they stopped using rock Creek I have no idea who they went to or how to identify them. I too would like to find out how to ID them. Eventually someone in the know might give some details.

Feedback Score
    Here is my set up!
    Im really loving this scope.

Page 53 of 311 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast